It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to get back in shape!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I had posted in another thread about weight training and I put what I normally would do as a routine for weight training. I realized that I don't really practice what I'm preaching anymore. I used to be pretty active throughout my life, I have been involved in martial arts, basketball, track, weight training, swimming and many other kind of active activities such as hiking and yard work. When i was in high school I used to run to school every morning and run back home after. I used to ride a bike everywhere or walk.

I have realized that in the past year I don't do much of anything anymore and that my bad eating habits have caught up with me. I used to never watch what I ate because being involved in so many activities I never used to gain any fat on my body. After writing that post, I took a good look at myself and realized that i'm becoming a fat lazy sith! I don't have a scale, but at the doctors office today I weighed myself and i was shocked to find out I have gained 35lbs! None of it is muscle either. I measured different parts of my body and I have gained 5 1/2 inches to my waist, and realized that seemingly extra bulk around by body is muscle going soft. I still look like I'm in pretty decent shape to a stranger, but this sith lord is in bad shape

I went to go run a mile today and It took me 10 min 27 sec to complete it! It has been a few years since I ran a timed mile but my personal best is 5 min 41 sec, what a difference! I attempted some pushups, I managed only 20 and I struggled through that. There is no excuse but laziness here. I looked at some of my workout logs and I realized that I haven't actually worked out at all in 14 months! I have decided to get back on track. I'm currently putting together a fitness plan that I intend to start this week, if not then bright and early on monday morning! I of course will be updating my progress here. Is anyone else on a similar mission?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Count me in!

I've been focusing on work, or lack thereof, instead of myself. The sad thing is, if it gets out of hand, no one will hire me to train them.

So let it begin, we can use this thread to post our progress and what we did/ate for the day to keep us honest. We could even see if a mod could make this a contest, rewardable with points.

What say you?

-Dev

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It is my intention to use this thread to keep track of progress, and others are more than welcome to do the same! The contest idea does sound pretty good, but it could be hard to judge people who understandabley wouldn't want to post pictures of themselves to be judged on their before and afters. Good luck to you and your quest to get back in shape! I'm still in the planning stages. I'm also moving in the next few weeks and that should be quite the workout itself! I'm going to start some exercises soon, get myself in shape for that move. lol.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Soo is this post dead or what because I wouldnt mind joining...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
im training once a week,but its too little im becoming fat ):

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Lol yea during the summer I trained all the time and now that college started again, I'm just really lazy. I get home from school, do some binge eating and then take a nap lol. I'm pretty disappointed but for some reason, these days my laziness overpowers my motivation to train. :shk:

top topics

join