It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top leader says US is training terrorists in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I am convinced this is true. US did the same with Mujahadeen in Afghanistan. Yet another ploy to destabilise Iran

Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, on Tuesday accused the United States of training Kurdish rebels in neighbouring Iraq. "Through our friends overseas we have obtained precise information that Americans deployed behind our western borders are busy collecting information, spending money and supplying arms to hatch plots and train terrorists," declared Ayatollah Khamenei, quoted by the country's state news agency IRNA.

"So, Iranian Kurds and the entire Iranian nation should be fully aware and on alert."

Khamenei also said the US had "evil plans" for the Kurds.

"We have information that Americans have evil plans for Kurdistan... They're not planning to defend the rights of the Kurdish people but their aim is to dominate the Kurds and sow seeds of discord among them," he said.

Entire article here: US training Iraq terrorists

[edit on 21-5-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

I'm sure those great Iranians who just tested out a new rocket so they could blow up Israel would never do something like this and I'm sure this story is 100% based on fact and not made as propaganda against the US who is trying to impose more sanctions.

How is Hamas these days anyway?

All is fair in love and war, unless it's in the paper.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The US response to Iranian allegations

The U.S. Defense Department is denying a charge by Iran's top leader that the United States is promoting attacks on Iran by a Kurdish independence group based in Iraq.

Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell (2008 file photo)
Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell says he is not aware of any U.S. program to help anti-Iran Kurdish separatists allegedly based in northern Iraq.

"Not to my knowledge are we undertaking anything of that sort," Morrell said.

Morrell was responding to a charge by Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said Tuesday the United States is funding and arming a group that is trying to undermine Iran's government

Source: US denies Iranian charge

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

This statement of denial is kind of scary. It's like saying "I did not have sexual relations with that women." (when the definition of sexual relations did not include oral).

I'm quite sure this may be a case of plausible denial.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
wouldn't surprise me, we have done worse things in the past. look at latin america.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
ok what if Iran is telling the truth?

and what if Iran, is also controlled by the CIA and wants to "spread seeds of discord" across all of the middle east?

im not saying thats what it is, but it was just a speculation

just trying to piece the puzzle together

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well we did help install the current government. So you aren't too far fetched.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

This statement of denial is kind of scary. It's like saying "I did not have sexual relations with that women." (when the definition of sexual relations did not include oral).

I'm quite sure this may be a case of plausible denial.

Maybe Morrell doesnt know as he is just a press secretary and can honestly deny it

But it wouldnt suprise me in the least knowing what the US has done before in different parts of the world.

Cuban terror

Columbia

Operation Northwoods

And thats just to name a few.

Just google School of the Americas.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

and what if Iran, is also controlled by the CIA

What kind of control are you talking about? If CIA had any control on Iran, Iran would not have adopted this hawkish attitude towards the US.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Kurd population is about 4 million in Iran

Kurds account for 4.5 million of the 69 million people in Iran, and live mainly in the country's northwest regions. Political movements there have frequently campaigned for greater regional autonomy. The main Iranian Kurdish parties with a long history of activism deny that they engage in armed activity and the government has not accused these groups of any such activity since the early 1990s.

Source: www.hrw.org...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

and what if Iran, is also controlled by the CIA

What kind of control are you talking about? If CIA had any control on Iran, Iran would not have adopted this hawkish attitude towards the US.

to keep the arms industry afloat idk

to keep the population fearful of war ?

it just looks like two puppets arguing with each other, despite in reality there is just one guy controlling both puppets

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

despite in reality there is just one guy controlling both puppets

Who is this 'guy' and where is he? I possibly know who you are alluding to - maybe the reference is to NWO?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hey I spent some time in Kirkuk Iraq. That city is crazy because it is like the NYC of Iraq. Got people from all over the world living there.

From what I gathered from being there the Kurds want to establish a country in the Northern part of Iraq called Kurdistan. NO one likes the Kurds. The Turkish hate them. The #te Iraqis hate them. The Sunni Iraqis hate them. The Half Turkish Half Iraq Turkmen do not like them. The Iranians do not like them. The Syrians do not like them.

BUT these guys are currently living on a plot of land that is CRAZY INSANELY packed with Oil. Like SO much oil it is speculated that they would be the richest country per area for oil wealth in the world if they got to establish their own territory.

I really have NO CLUE where the U.S. stands in letting them establish a country called Kurdistan. I SERIOUSLY doubt that the Iraqi people want or will let them break away.

They kind of have their own city but it is not official. I have also heard a possible explanation for why Saddam gassed the Kurds was because they were slant drilling oil.

It seems possible that if the Kurds help the U.S. with espionage or access across the mountains to Iran or through Kurdish contacts inside of Iran that maybe the U.S. could do some work towards getting them situated with an officially recognized territory?

Just my 2 cents. I am no expert and am probably wrong on a lot of what I say.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I really have NO CLUE where the U.S. stands in letting them establish a country called Kurdistan. I SERIOUSLY doubt that the Iraqi people want or will let them break away.

After the Persian Gulf war (1991) the Kurds in Iraq were granted autonomy. It is called as the Kurdish autonomous reigon.

Edit: Or was it after Saddam was removed? not sure

[edit on 21-5-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It is WELL known that Israelis and US troops were training the kurds. If you don't know that, do you research. Kurds were trained and are trained right now. Of course at first it was to fight Saddam and to have a kurd army so they could cut Iraq in 3 parts...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It is WELL known that Israelis and US troops were training the kurds

I searched and did not find anything. Please give me some links to the reference that you are making

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

ooohhh aaaahhhh... I got a theory. Maybe the united states is training Iraqi's to take care of themselves. Then maybe one ethnicity in iraq is not liked by, um, i don't know, how about Iran. You know the guys that are pissed we are in Iraq so they cant go in and take it over. SO they make claims that we are training devils or whatever. Do some research. The kurds, who are not arab, oh and are members of a different religion, are not the next great evil.

have you considered we dont want to take over Iran, and that maybe we just dont want a nuclear power dominating the entire middle east, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent sunni's and controlling a significant portion of oil, the highest concentration of poppy fields and the majority of the land housing terrorist training camps. hmmm what a crazy idea

new topics

top topics

join