It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olbermann WTF Moment: Rush Limbaugh (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Olbermann WTF Moment: Rush Limbaugh (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

Rush Limbaugh has challenged MSNBC to not mention him or have any of their guests comment on him for 30 days. At first blush this seems a rather strange challenge for the controversial radio host to issue considering he is never one to shy away from attention. In Countdown's "WTF Moment" tonight, Olbermann thinks he's ferreted out the real reason: Limbaugh just can't take the scrutiny anymore.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.politico.com

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There is a video to watch as the comments from the reporter are very colorful to say the least. Well i find this interesting enough, i have happened to hear him through some video posting channel, to me, he sounded a bit of the deep end but then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But by him going directly against msnbc has more behind the scenes that is not being mentioned.

MSNBC" You suck"

Looks like the gloves are off,

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I wonder if Olberman gets his daily speeches and guidelines from his boss....you know...the CEO of GE...who owns MSNBC....who just happens to be...

ONE OF OBAMA"S ECONOMIC ADVISORS.

Coincidence????HMMMMMM

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't watch television. Thanks for posting this; it reminds me why I don't. Honestly, what a bunch of navel-staring nonsense--about that blowhard Limbaugh, no less. Couldn't even watch the clip to the end.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Olbermann plays a role much like Sean Hannity in my opinion. He plays a different persona all together, but the character is the same.

This thing that Olbermann has with Limbaugh, and O'Reily for that matter, is so far beyond inane at this point. They are harping on eachother for what amout to typos at times, and their respective auidience eats it up.

Ratings, ratings, ratings...

...influence, influence, tug the strings.

[edit on 5/20/0909 by spines]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So by him mentioning Limbaugh I guess he lost the bet.

I'm just saying.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spines

I agree about Hannity. He's a giant war mongering moron who has zero credibility imo.

But Olbermann? How is this even allowed? How can the administration actually have the owner of a media outlet IN IT'S ADMINISTRATION!?

It's crazy...and should be illegal.

Just imagine for a moment if Robert Murdoch was in Bush's administration.......

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by spines

I agree about Hannity. He's a giant war mongering moron who has zero credibility imo.

But Olbermann? How is this even allowed? How can the administration actually have the owner of a media outlet IN IT'S ADMINISTRATION!?

Immelt is a disgusting person and im glad everything he touches fails. hopefully the cap and trade deal also fails leaving him out of potential billions.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Murdoch might as well be.

I think you are trying to make this a "if this was the right...can you imagine the different reaction" point, but I don't think it flys.

Left, right...doesn't matter. It's all owned by a small collection of people who seem to get along just fine and understand the financial and control advantages to creating deep yet incredibly superficial fissuers in the political landscape.

We aren't fighting over real issues in the media and people have no problem admiting that; yet the pipeline of meaningless crap just continues to flow and flow.

And when was the last time an administration wasn't up to it's nipples in shady dealings and incredible conflicts of intrest?

Look who makes money off all the terrible, violent things and who delivers the hearts and minds of the people to the cause...it's funny that they all swing in the same, self-perpetuating, self-interest groups.

It's a shame their self interest involves lieing to send people to die and to kill for no other readily apparant reason then it was fiscally benneficial...to them and theirs.

Bah, rant over. Sorry if I mis-pegged the position you were taking up; thanks for the spring-board either way.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

People actually watch MSNBC? I thought it was just to fill that number on my remote?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spines

I think you are trying to make this a "if this was the right...can you imagine the different reaction" point, but I don't think it flys.

I'm just pointing out that it is completely ignored. It shouldn't matter where you stand on the issues...that is why I made the comment about Murdoch.

The media shouldn't be in bed with the government...but they are.

The media is a battle over control of public opinion on issues that aren't the most relevant....yet they both sides expose themselves to be frauds by criticizing each other.

GE has LOTS to gain with cap and trade...and the green agenda in general. Business and government...hand in hand.

I thought Dems were against big business? They don't seem to care about this!

It's damn near fascism.

Fascism - a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
dictionary.reference.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by spines

It's far worse actually, Dick Cheney was the VP!

Cheney's Halliburton Ties Remain

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

It's far worse actually, Dick Cheney was the VP! Cheney's Halliburton Ties Remain

Absolutely!

Halliburton made billions of dollars off of the Iraq war. A friend of mine who served at Camp Victory told me the entire thing was a sham.

The GD thing is a charade.

Republicans do it with war....Democrats do it with huge social agendas.

Someone always profits...AND IT"S NOT US!!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
People actually watch MSNBC? I thought it was just to fill that number on my remote?

Lol.

Lots of news channels have good and entertaining shows IMO...

I watch few of them when I have time: Keith, O'Reilly, Larry King and Lou Dobbs and I even occasionally listen Rush on the radio ...

My liberal stance does not make me hate some over others, I guess I do not take them so seriously like some people do

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
My how times change. Back in the Good Old Days, we called these soap operas.

Now they call it "news".

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well I know I say wtf everytime I pass by Olbermann on my way to fox.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well they do say that negative advertising is positive in its own respect. But as it was mentioned in an earlier post, i do not think this a soap opera but more like reality t.v., you remember, Big Brother, or Survivor.
. Lets not forget that keeping people in that vegetable state of mind requires tricks and glamor.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I'm not a fan, at all, of MSM. But it goes without saying that i loathe, despise, and unequivocally hate Rush Limbaugh.

I have to agree with Keith. "F-You" Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh has a saying that i kind of agree with though:

"Ignorance is the most expensive commodity in this country"
footnote: Thats why they can afford to pay you 400 million dollars.

Down with the EIB.
I plead for truth in advertising.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Betchya he does!

I'm agreeing with Davids posts ... all of them. I think he nailed it.

I'll add this ... It's a ratings thing as well. The 'feud' with The Daily Show and that NBC 'stock analyst' boosted their visability. Considering that MSNBC (the Obama channel) is failing miserably and Rush has a pathetic approval rating of 19% (last I saw) ... they both probably want a media war to raise their miserable ratings.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
With all the attention they pay to each other day in and out, I just wonder what they talk about at night while Olby is filing down the callouses on Rush's feet?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join