It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science & 2012 The Truth told

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You are asking about one aspect of the 2012 hoax that I have not discussed, because I didn't think anyone would take it seriously. The “dark rift” is just a popular name for the broad and diffuse dust clouds in the inner arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, which block our view of the galactic center. The entire "galactic alignment" scare is pretty crazy. Late in December the Sun is always approximately in the direction of the center of the Galaxy as seen from the Earth, but so what? It happens every year, and the years around 2012 are no different. There are no special forces from the galactic plane or the galactic center. The only important force that acts on the Earth is gravitation, and that is dominated by the Sun and Moon. The planets have no measurable effect, and that is why astronomers don't care about so-called planetary alignments either. But the con-men and snake-oil salesmen who are trying to scare you have decided to use these meaningless phrases about "alignments" and the "dark rift" and "photon belt" precisely because they are not understood by the public. It is too bad, but there is no law against lying on the Internet or anywhere else except in a court of law. As far as the safety of the Earth is concerned, the important threats are from global warming and loss of biological diversity, and perhaps someday from collision with an asteroid or comet, not the pseudoscientific claims about 2012.

David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

There it is in plain words. Thanks.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It appears to me that David Morrison is just as much of a con-man snake oil salesman as the rest of them when he's calling a hoax like global warming the biggest threat to mankind. What a crock.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by bronco73]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Thank you very much for that David it is nice to know that someone with your credentials is looking in.

Now all this about 2012 as far as I can gather comes from a calendar that was discovered in South America from a tribe of people long since gone.

Now as far as I understand it was made up until 21st of December 2012, the winter solstice. The question is as they most likely didn’t use the same calendar as we do would this be a suitable date to just down tools on this carving and start a new carving sometime in the future that they never got around to doing. For example would it be the equivalent to us stopping making a calendar going up to 31st of December 2999??

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
You are asking about one aspect of the 2012 hoax that I have not discussed, because I didn't think anyone would take it seriously. The “dark rift” is just a popular name for the broad and diffuse dust clouds in the inner arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, which block our view of the galactic center. The entire "galactic alignment" scare is pretty crazy. Late in December the Sun is always approximately in the direction of the center of the Galaxy as seen from the Earth, but so what? It happens every year, and the years around 2012 are no different. There are no special forces from the galactic plane or the galactic center. The only important force that acts on the Earth is gravitation, and that is dominated by the Sun and Moon. The planets have no measurable effect, and that is why astronomers don't care about so-called planetary alignments either. But the con-men and snake-oil salesmen who are trying to scare you have decided to use these meaningless phrases about "alignments" and the "dark rift" and "photon belt" precisely because they are not understood by the public. It is too bad, but there is no law against lying on the Internet or anywhere else except in a court of law. As far as the safety of the Earth is concerned, the important threats are from global warming and loss of biological diversity, and perhaps someday from collision with an asteroid or comet, not the pseudoscientific claims about 2012.

David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

For you to quote David Morrison as a full boar proof that the dark rift is a hoax is not only insulting it's embarrasing. What's your deal Sharkbait, I see you've been running around a few of the 2012 threads quickly trying to dismiss and discredit all things 2012. The fact that you tried to link Nostradamus with Planet X just shows your ignorance.

It seems to me that your attitude, along with Mr. Morrison's blaise attitude on how everything is so easily measured and definable is the very reason why our World today is in so much peril.

You see, I could provide you with more evidence on the validity of 2012 then you could provide me that it is a hoax (and don't even bring up Planet X, cause it has nothing to do with 2012). Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Claiming that the dark rift is a hoax is like saying that 16 Arabs were responsible for 9/11

[edit on 20-5-2009 by OnTheFelt]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

SharkBait, I feel a feeding frenzy coming on and you of course want to be the meal since you labeled yourself "SharkBait".

You are all over the internet making invalid claims for a small side kick agency (NAI) of disinformation set out by NASA. You claimed that no Astronaut has ever seen a UFO, that was not only bold, but simply a foolish claim.

The following is a quote from another source:

Question

Why did David Morrison, NAI Senior Scientist, claim that no NASA astronaut has seen a UFO. Here is Gordon Cooper's first person account of UFO sighting. www.space.com... Here is an interview with Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin where he recalls the crew seeing a UFO outside their spacecraft video.google.ca...
I wrote that no astronaut had seen a UFO in space. While Gorden Copper thinks he saw unexplained phenomena while flying in the 1950s, this obviously was not from space. Concerning claims that he has seen a UFO from space, the 1999 Space.com article you refer to quotes Cooper as saying "No, somebody made a lot of money selling Š lies on that one ... It was totally untrue, sorry to say." Concerning Buzz Aldrin, he was misquoted, with the explanatory part truncated from the interview as aired, as we explained in an earlier answer posted here (use the search engine to find it). Sorry, but there is no compelling evidence for space aliens, and certainly not from NASA astronauts. Be skeptical; there are a lot of false or misleading claims about UFOs circulating. David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist
February 1, 2007

Unquote

Here is another quote about you:

On January 31, 2008, David Morrison, NASA’s senior scientist at the NASA Astrobiology Institute, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA became a "cult expert" of sorts.

In response to an allegedly anonymous post on his "Ask an Astrobiologist" web page, Morrison effectively branded all legitimate Nibiru researchers as cultists intent on “scaring lots of people with totally false stories.”

The post is an obvious smear aimed at Zecharia Sitchin, author of The 12th Planet. It is therefore important to note that the first edition of Sitchin’s ground breaking work on Nibiru, as described in the Sumerian texts, was first copyrighted in 1976 – decades before astronomers first discovered the existence of brown dwarf stars.

Unquote

The fact is, even as an old scientist, anyone can call themselves a Sr. Scientist or be labeled a Sr. Scientist, that doesn't mean squat.

Furthermore your words of wisdom don't mean squat because you yourself have absolutely no proof whatsoever, you simply want us to bow down to you because you have Sr. Scientist and NAI by your name; forget any bowing down because a swift kick is more likely what you deserve to get rid of disinformation artists like yourself out of the public eye, spreading disinformation for money and claiming to be a Sr. Scientist is as bad as it gets.

The Mayan scientific calendar has not lied and I doubt it ever will lie to the masses; unlike yourself. As a matter of fact the other Mayan calendar that most people never hear of; is or was an incredible calendar also and it ends at approximately the same time period.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Great post! I appreciate you taking the time to provide the basis for your disagreement with Sharkbait. I on the hand got a little heated and didn't feel like putting in the time. Any how, good stuff and thank you for your contribution.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

SharkBait, I feel a feeding frenzy coming on and you of course want to be the meal since you labeled yourself "SharkBait".

You are all over the internet making invalid claims for a small side kick agency (NAI) of disinformation set out by NASA. You claimed that no Astronaut has ever seen a UFO, that was not only bold, but simply a foolish claim.

The following is a quote from another source:

Question

Why did David Morrison, NAI Senior Scientist, claim that no NASA astronaut has seen a UFO. Here is Gordon Cooper's first person account of UFO sighting. www.space.com... Here is an interview with Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin where he recalls the crew seeing a UFO outside their spacecraft video.google.ca...
I wrote that no astronaut had seen a UFO in space. While Gorden Copper thinks he saw unexplained phenomena while flying in the 1950s, this obviously was not from space. Concerning claims that he has seen a UFO from space, the 1999 Space.com article you refer to quotes Cooper as saying "No, somebody made a lot of money selling Š lies on that one ... It was totally untrue, sorry to say." Concerning Buzz Aldrin, he was misquoted, with the explanatory part truncated from the interview as aired, as we explained in an earlier answer posted here (use the search engine to find it). Sorry, but there is no compelling evidence for space aliens, and certainly not from NASA astronauts. Be skeptical; there are a lot of false or misleading claims about UFOs circulating. David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist
February 1, 2007

Unquote

Here is another quote about you:

On January 31, 2008, David Morrison, NASA’s senior scientist at the NASA Astrobiology Institute, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA became a "cult expert" of sorts.

In response to an allegedly anonymous post on his "Ask an Astrobiologist" web page, Morrison effectively branded all legitimate Nibiru researchers as cultists intent on “scaring lots of people with totally false stories.”

The post is an obvious smear aimed at Zecharia Sitchin, author of The 12th Planet. It is therefore important to note that the first edition of Sitchin’s ground breaking work on Nibiru, as described in the Sumerian texts, was first copyrighted in 1976 – decades before astronomers first discovered the existence of brown dwarf stars.

Unquote

The fact is, even as an old scientist, anyone can call themselves a Sr. Scientist or be labeled a Sr. Scientist, that doesn't mean squat.

Furthermore your words of wisdom don't mean squat because you yourself have absolutely no proof whatsoever, you simply want us to bow down to you because you have Sr. Scientist and NAI by your name; forget any bowing down because a swift kick is more likely what you deserve to get rid of disinformation artists like yourself out of the public eye, spreading disinformation for money and claiming to be a Sr. Scientist is as bad as it gets.

The Mayan scientific calendar has not lied and I doubt it ever will lie to the masses; unlike yourself. As a matter of fact the other Mayan calendar that most people never hear of; is or was an incredible calendar also and it ends at approximately the same time period.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by RussianScientists]

Well said!

Shame on you Mr. Sr. Science, you reek of lies or atleast very misleading info. How do you and your people live like this it's so depressing are you some sort of new close minded hybrid species? NO you're just a bunch of power crazy selfish people and couldn't care less about being true and honest to yourselves let alone the rest of us!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I am not worried about ancient magical prophecies. What does have me a bit nervous though is an idea put into my head by some weird old man who likes to play head games. Perhaps you can refute this so I can sleep a bit better at night
1. A black hole is produced by a single star
2. The black hole theorized to exist at the center of our galaxy is estimated to have the mass of six trillion stars.. pretty big black hole
3. The more massive a celestial object the faster it spins
4. The earth, a tiny dot by comparison spins at about 1000 m.p.h.
5. That spin is sufficient to cause it to flatten out at the poles.
6. How fast would an object with the mass of six trillion stars spin?
7. How extreme would the flattening of the poles be on an object spinning that fast?
8. What shape would the gravitational field be of a black hole that might, theoretically be only 9 centimeters tall but stretching across the entire length of the galaxy?
9. What would be the effect of a planet passing through a portion of the plane that contained not the black hole itself but part of it's gravitational field?
10. Even if the height is changed from 9 centimeters to several hundred miles would that not explain why an approximate lining up with the galactic center is not quite the same as passing through it's plane?

I'm sure this is all nonsense but my inability to answer any of these questions (I never even made it into high school so I concede this is all beyond me) does sometimes cause me to wonder if the claim of the Earth's crust periodically shifting might be more than a simple primitive belief.
Anyway, hoping you can point out why this is nonsense so I can sleep a little better. Thank you in advance

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
_javascript:hyperlink()

I'm pretty sure we'll be waiting on something that day. Out of all the searches for dates in 2012 December with a sentence extension this is the only date that came up and when looked at it extended into this question. Meaning it's not chance. Hmmm???

[edit on 6/5/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Shark bait huh? well we know not to trust you? don't we are you just causeing more confusion on peoples belifs/ whos side are you on anyway wait let me guess.....YOURS.....then we start to feel guilty well my family to but i gotta tell them their idots to sometimes..GOOD and EVIL do exist....becarefull on the "peace and love you think your spreading" ReHaB

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm sure they don't realize that all the 2012 debunking NASA has done is uh sarcastic at most. Seriously it's like they're trying to subtly tell you.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The planets have no measurable effect, and that is why astronomers don't care about so-called planetary alignments either.

The planets do affect us. It's all on God's timetable. 2012 is part of it. What it will bring is up to you to figure out, or for speculation. I'm no astrologer but just cause something can't be measured doesn't mean it isn't so.

This is the 21st century. You need proof for everything. That's your problem. If you would really open your eyes you will see. 2012 means nothing special to me but I know it's something to watch for.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

as far as the 2012 calendar, who knows, maybe the guy ran out of rock, maybe he just up and decided one day that he had worked long enough, and decided he needed a rest, maybe he died...
maybe, since the whole calendar is based on cycles, the beginning is pretty much equal to the end....and well, round and round we go!!!

one thing is being left out of this opinion though, the human element. or more precisely, human's ability to bring disaster down upon to protect themselves from a disaster they believe is coming their way!!!

and, I've noticed, from economists to new agers, they all seem to pinpoint 2012 when predicting the doom.....
someone, something wants us to believe that 2012 brings bad omens, and well, I am sure that they have the intention of exploiting that fear when it's time to do so...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Gang, in my most humble opinion, I believe the Mayan Calendar marking December 21, 2012 is akin to our calendar ending on December 31 - albeit much more advanced. The Mayan Calendar is based on astronomical cycels as well as solar cycles, whereas ours is based on solar and lunar cycles.

We know that we are completing one full galactic cycle and are entering the galactic plane and will reach the centermost point during December of 2012. Doesn't it make sense then that the calendar would begin anew? The Mayan Calendar is comprised of short-counts (Solar cycles) and long-counts (Galactic cycles). The end of this short-count also concludes the end of the long-count, ergo, the beginning of a new calendar.

Now, this is only theoretical positing on my count and I could be completely wrong. However, I sincerely feel that this is the most likely scenario.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think Stargate sums it up prety well. plus alot of other stuff but stargate has Anubis being the main "bad dude" and the goverment goes around "portaling around" threw stargates "helping"or sumpthing like that the GOV." -big - brother - Illuminati - The freemasons - -"RELIGION" - -

ANUNNAKI - - - tHE "FALLEN ANGLES" "SERPENT IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN" The first secret socioty . The Brother Hood of The Snake" - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Resarch - - - - - -Plz we need to stick to gether and fight of both evils to suceed in surviveing, They say this land won't be able to survive, their scared and some are crazed trrying to kill this planet. But we the rightous shall preveil and will be alowed to bring the worthy.....-----....---...-.-.-.-.-.-----...-.-.-.----.-....--.-..-.-.ReHaB

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am wondering if our Solar system will pass through a concentrated layer of invisible Dark Matter in the galactic plane, on December 21, 2012.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I haven't thought about that ? Maybe? or Maybe not ? I'll wait for some one to research. I im at work but maybe i'll look it un on lunch.. naw i'm just being lazy i'll look it up..ReHaB

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
I am wondering if our Solar system will pass through a concentrated layer of invisible Dark Matter in the galactic plane, on December 21, 2012.

I don't think it will.

About a year ago when I started looking into this 2012 galactic plane alignment stuff I contacted a few professional astronomers and even talked to astronomy students on a forum. Every single one of them said that our solar system won't be anywhere near the "galactic plane" in 2012, they say that we are currently millions and millions of miles "above" the plane, and that there is no way our solar system will cross through it by 2012.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thats a good point and so "rather trusting" Infomants, But thats just what Their tought, You must learn for yourselves and expand the tuth. not except limited truth. "they only get a piece of the truth that's hevily deluted"

R e H a B

top topics

<<   2 >>

join