It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I became the REAL Pro-Choice...Pro-Eugenics

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

If my family terminated me I wouldnt feel anything about my "crazy" views then, because I would be DEAD!

My wife and children could just take me to the doctor one day for what I think is a checkup and then the doctor would just administer a shot, then as I started to pass out my family could look at me with love in their eyes, then after I was out they would turn on the conveyor and route my body to the incinerator, and I would cook to ash none the wiser. What a beautiful and peaceful way to go.

[edit on 5/21/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Well I am going to get a little zen on you here. If its murder to you then it is. But someone else may have a different perspective. That's why each person should be allowed to choose for themselves.

By the way, if you continue your argument, someone may actually believe you think this stuff and figure you for a nazi. Afterall, that's the one government that did in fact inact the policies you advocate here.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sashromi

See the Nazi's had it all wrong. They forced it on people and gave their families no choice. I am making it a family choice.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

You do have a devilish sense of humor. It would make a good SF story though.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sashromi

See using your logic someone could just kill anybody and then if it THEY didnt consider it wrong then it shouldnt be a crime.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sashromi

I didn't mean to imply that everyone that gets an abortion regrets it. What I meant to convey is that in my experience, that every woman who makes such decision does it with great consideration and under circimstances that are not flippant or cavalier.

I guess I didn't make it clear that I was merely offering my personal experience. I agree. Though my choice was an easy one to make, most have a great deal of consternation. Nearly all wish they did not have to make a choice. Most give it a great deal of thought and agony.

Although I am sure there are some women that unfortunately do use abortion as their main means of birth control, these women can not be considered 'normal'. The vast bulk of women I have heard about had serious issues impacting that decision and made their decision based on what they thought best.

Agreed.

By the way, I am totally in with you on your take as to when a soul enters the body. If not, how could someone explain the purpose of a soul when it is estimated that at least one third of all pregnancies end up as spontaneous abortions. First breath, first life. I think the ancient holy men/women had it right.

I find that taking the wisdom from the many scriptures (and like I said, the "first breath" is worldwide) makes it clear. Yes, if the fetus is ensouled, there are a very great number of souls that never make it to first breath.

Heh. I have had 11 miscarriages m'self, an abortion and one lovely daughter.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I apologize for going over the top with you. Really what you do is your business and I have no right to judge you.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

You are the exact type of person the Anti's hate. Someone who made the choice for reasons that one could hardly argue with. And someone who went on to have a child. It is comforting to know that your child has such a wise and considerate mother.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

If my family terminated me I wouldnt feel anything about my "crazy" views then, because I would be DEAD!

Dancing with words, I see. Let me rephrase that. How would you feel about it BEFORE the fact of death, but after you were slated for death.

My wife and children could just take me to the doctor one day for what I think is a checkup and then the doctor would just administer a shot, then as I started to pass out my family could look at me with love in their eyes, then after I was out they would turn on the conveyor and route my body to the incinerator, and I would cook to ash none the wiser. What a beautiful and peaceful way to go.

Really? You think if they made that choice for you, they'd be looking at you with LOVE!?! I think not.

No love in that whatsoever.

But hey... I hope you get to go that way (by your own choice). Seems it works for you. But I don't think ANYONE should have that right for another breathing human.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I apologize for going over the top with you. Really what you do is your business and I have no right to judge you.

[smile] I rather enjoy our... Disputes. It allows me to present my perspective for others to cogitate upon.

Apology accepted.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I appreciate our discussions as well. Thanks for posting and giving your opinion.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sashromi

You are the exact type of person the Anti's hate. Someone who made the choice for reasons that one could hardly argue with. And someone who went on to have a child. It is comforting to know that your child has such a wise and considerate mother.

Thank you so much. I could go on and on about my li'l Buddha. She is the apple of my eye. She told me at four, when I was introducing her to the basic idea of algebra (subbing a letter for a number and then figuring out what the number would be [she solved for "L" - her name is Lili - in ten equations where "L" was on one side of the equation or the other]), "Mommy, math is easy."

I think she's special. But then... I'm her mom. [grin]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I appreciate our discussions as well. Thanks for posting and giving your opinion.

You make a good Devil's advocate.

Thanks!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Really it is a small step in logic. I am just extending power over ones body to those in their immediate surroundings. I just inlcude the people they spend most of their lives with their families. Do you think its worse to carry a child you dont want for 9 months or be stuck with some mentally ill kid for 18 years or more? I mean come on. Do you want to spend the rest of your life dragging around some relative that is blurting out stuff in church or at walmart and embarrasing the living hell out of you?

Your assumptions that a handicapped person is worth less than those more able is quite astonishing. Let me guess, you support natural law? If you look at nature, those animals that are handicapped usually die because they cannot feed themselves. The pride, pack, herd etc try to support them, however, if they cannot afford to because they slow them down etc then they do not continue to suppor them. In mankind's societies, we CAN support them so why not?

Its not a small step of logic, its a small step toward madness.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Toughiv]

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Toughiv]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
just somebored dude, You seem to be a bit facetious there with your suggestion to terminate old people.
That should be their choice, but their needs to be some education here. As I from time to time see old people who can do nothing but sit there I wonder what is going on in their minds. Do they ever wish that they were “out”?

Some will cling adamantly to life in a most painful body, and I wonder why? If and when I reach a point where I can never get up again, I want out. I’m closing in on those end years now and hope it will be over quickly. (Mental set).

To thetenthpower, You are assuming that a handicapped child is not a burden. Perhaps those people you presume to ask, have nothing else to do, but devote themselves to this child. Yes, there are people like that, but I don’t think they are heroes of any kind. They simply have a slave mentality, qualified by feelings of guilt if they did otherwise.

You say:” Those children show you what true love is, and show you the REAL side of humanity.”

**** How do they show you what true love is? Do you mean the the type of love that a dependant child has for a caregiver? Or what?
What do you mean by the Real side of humanity?

Also you say, “If you terminate your pregnancy simply because you don't want to be bothered to raise a child, then you have done so for the wrong reasons. That is a selfish way of thinking.”

****You are saying that you should not terminate a pregnancy because you don’t want to be bothered with raising a child. So even tho you don’t want to raise a child you should do so anyway? What kind of a mother do you think this unwilling mother would be?
Now lets talk about the “selfish”.
Tell me what exactly is wrong with being selfish.
Selfish=survival.
Why exactly should an unwilling mother sacrifice herself for an unwanted child?

And then you say: “ I know people like that too, they are called cowards, and should never have been allowed to pro-create in the first place.”

****You have the audacity to label them negatively, because they want to be in a better position to have a good life.

Ben, If I had a mentally handicapped child, I could not handle it. I would be hard pressed to have to care for a physically handicapped child. The mental deficient should have been euthanized at birth or other onset of the condition. This person is deadwood to society.

For the physically handicapped there is hope of being useful to himself and society. He just needs a little help, but should not be a ball and chain to his family.

Why should we warehouse the mentally handicapped and the grossly physically handicapped?
This is a total waste of resources and it is in many cases downright cruel to keep these children/people alive year after year when nothing can be done to improve their conditions.

Why exactly should I sacrifice having a good life for myself?
Are you going to be the Judge and Jury that gives me a life sentence of hard labor?
“Shallow” you say? That you have made such a pronouncement looks pretty self-righteous to me.

And then you say:”No way. I don't care if that kid sh*t in the middle of my living room floor every hour, and was part of the SQUAT team.......and ate Cheetos.....and spazZed out! I would love him no matter WHAT>“

****I know a family who has just that problem…You are making a statement that you have not taken seriously.

****Uh, just some bored dude, People save their money so they can be comfortable in their old age. Whatever may be left over is to give their children an inheritance. Don’t ever think it is otherwise.

As to your idea of terminating Africans….you are getting carried away there. That would take more resources than we are spending now. Actually, they should just be let alone, they would balance it out themselves.
And no, I don’t like fish sticks…they are junk food.

Yes we need Eugenics/Selective Breeding. Humans have 4000+ heritable defects. Random breeding has only increased the numbers and severity of some of them.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Amagnon
You can't legally enforce love and affection.

There is a workaround however. There are long lines of loving Parents just waiting to adopt infants. You would kill a child simply to avoid the bother of the Adoption process?

Adoption is a pretty good solution. Abortion often effects the mother emotionally, but so does adoption. I have no idea if there are a lot of people who would adopt or not - if there is, then its a better solution.

I don't see any great evil in abortion at an early stage - the later you leave it, the murkier the issue becomes. Still - its preferable to avoid it entirely.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
What i really dislike about this thread is the fact that some people feel it is right to terminate those handicapped. Let me ask you this, the only reason we see them handicapped is because we have a "normal" life. If you were born with only one leg, you yourself would know life no other way. One-legged walking would be normal to YOU.

Those of you who believe in termination simply because they do not meet your standards are down right rotten examples of human beings. Ask yourself, what is the purpose of humanity? Is it to dominate the world? No we have already done that..OR is it to live with one another, develop, support and help eachother grow? To live life properly? To LOVE one another and flourish?

I understand completely if someone wants to take THEIR OWN life. But HOW DARE YOU suggest you should take others. Pigs.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Say you are now 60. There's a law that anyone who turns 60 will be terminated. But a few weeks before your birthday, news comes out that scientists have found a way to break the speed of light. And that building a spaceship will now be possible in just a fews years time to go to other parts of the galaxy. Would you really not want to live a few years more then?

People with cold logic will never be as smart. Easy solutions stifle the human creative spirit. Just try creating such a "utopic" society and watch more problems created than solved.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

First off I love your signature.

Second, I guess when scientists can build a space ship to travel the galaxy then we can adjust the rules and instead of killing them just herd them up on big spaceship and shoot them off to another planet. See I am flexible.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Also, there are the handicapped and mentally ill individuals whose burden on their parents is sometimes overwhelming, the emotional, the feelings of failure, the financial because of medical bills, and the fact that many of them never become independent so you are responsible for them for the rest of their lives.

So I say now is the time to change the laws to give people a real freedom of choice so they can have the freedom they deserve and live their lives the way they wanted to, before the tradgedy of these burdensome people entered their lives. It leaves us with a better, more healthy, more wanted group of people with the desired genetics to pass to the future. I mean wouldnt you have killed a child Hitler if you had the chance?

I envision it as taking these people to the doctor. Having the doctor administer a drug to knock them out and then proceed to terminate them through lethal injection or poison gas. Its quick its painless and they are none the wiser.

I hope you all will join me in this personal crusade to make the world a better place.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

[edit on 5/21/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

It is funny, this garbage sounds to me like a nicer way of doing what Hitler sought out to do. So handicapped people are a burden on society and their parents huh? Are you a parent of a handicapped child? You have no idea what the parents of any handicapped kid goes through and who are you or anyone else think you are to call them such things. Let's say you fall off a ladder, bust up your back and end up a paraplegic for the rest of your life, then are you still for this? Well it wouldn't matter because your wife and kids (assuming you have either) would consider you unfit to live in our society so now it's time to get rid of you. Or if you do have kids, what happends if same situation happened, could be car accident which resulted in disablity, injury from playing at the park, but since they are a burdeon on your "life" then they should be put down like an old pet. Great thinking here.

Now onto old people, so when they hit that certain age, if they haven't kicked the bucket yet, it's time to take granny for that special visit to the doctor just because you don't feel like hearing her go on about the 25 prescription medications and world war II anymore. So let's say if families do have the right to do this, and there is some selfish white trash family out there that wishes grandpa was dead so they can talk that half million dollars he has saved, but wait, they can do just that by putting him down and taking all that money that probably either would have went to a nursing home or worst, something grandpa maybe wanted to do with the money.
I think it's amusing you bring up Hitler, you talk about having him killed as a child, before his upbringing influenced the way he would eventually view the world and then later try to do something about it. It sounds to me like you or anyone else who believes this trash would have not only supported him several decades ago, but probably would have gladly turned the chambers on. I cannot believe many of you support this!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join