It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I became the REAL Pro-Choice...Pro-Eugenics

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv
reply to post by Darth Lumina

I dont care for PC either, but to say its a "white" thing, is a generalisation. I am offended because I am white and what you say is completely untrue. Your observations of what? Quite frankly, your statement was very ignorant. I suppose i shouldnt get upset with idiots, but sometimes it does frustrate me that some people can make such statements, DO YOU NOT THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK?

Once again, idiot.

Idiot? lol. What you expect an apology from me or something? Don't count on it. And what's with the name calling? I didn't call you any names, but if you want to go there, then you are stupid for being offended over nothing. Oh good for you, you are white, I'm part white too and my moms side is a very good example of what I'm saying. So are just about all of my white friends, and the countless other white people I've met throughout my life. You see, I actually get out instead of staying in the house on the computer. My statement was spot on from what I have seen. Why get offended? I hear snide statements about my race and culture all the time, but I don't get upset.

Are you from a small town or something because I'm surprised to see someone getting offended over this, and it's actually pretty funny. Just like almost everyone else on this planet, you let words get to you, instead of focusing on the issue at hand you are having a little hissy fit about a little thing like this. I would say you are the one suffering from ignorance, but since you probably won't see this, I will have to go with stupid, or small minded idiot. Whichever you prefer. Do you want to continue this or can we get back to the topic of this thread?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
Boy, I read the first post and couldn't agree more. Eugenics is such an important subject that isn't discussed enough.

I actually heard that there is a nationwide policy going into effect that is similar. All people will be given a mandatory IQ test and everyone that scores below 115 will be euthanized. The original plan was for sterilization but this really wasn't going to weed out the useless eaters quickly enough.

So OP, uh, I guess I'll see you around?

maybe

Well I wish you and your little buddy luck. Maybe if they add your scores together you two might make it. LOL, just kidding.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I got upset because this website usually attracts the thoughtful. Your statement is unthoughtful. Think about it, everywhere I go I see white swans, therefore I come to the conclusion "all swans are white" however, this is not the case, were I to go to australia I would see black swans. Getting my drift here?

I just dont appreciate people making sweeping comments. Secondly, Im from a rather large city, london, England. Maybe thats why I got all jumpy, we have literally had multiculturalism shoved down our throats and our Christian values usurped to be "multicultural".

Cheers, and your right I really shouldnt have lowered it to name calling. Maybe I was having a bad day. Sorry

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv

I got upset because this website usually attracts the thoughtful. Your statement is unthoughtful. Think about it, everywhere I go I see white swans, therefore I come to the conclusion "all swans are white" however, this is not the case, were I to go to australia I would see black swans. Getting my drift here?

I just dont appreciate people making sweeping comments. Secondly, Im from a rather large city, london, England. Maybe thats why I got all jumpy, we have literally had multiculturalism shoved down our throats and our Christian values usurped to be "multicultural".

Cheers, and your right I really shouldnt have lowered it to name calling. Maybe I was having a bad day. Sorry

I see what you're saying and I can understand why you had gotten upset. I was mainly only referring to Americans in my statement, knowing full well that since i've never been off the mainland, there is no way i could know what it's like in other countries. I know not "all" white American families apply to my generlization, but it's just something I noticed day to day, and it's frustrating to me how against the family some people are. Just like in my example of offing grandpa for his money is something that is done without hesitation, in fact it's laughed at with not an ounce of remorse. I cannot understand why people dump their parents/grandparents in nursing homes because they are just old and in the way. I guess the idiology of this thread made me jump to that generalization and I do regret my choice of words.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Right now that there is no hostility
lets continue with the discussion.

For example, would you argue there is something wrong within western culture and it stance with regards to the elderly? In eastern cultures, you are always told to respect the elderly, to which I concurr.

I feel that there is good reason to have old people homes, since those that have mental illness in old age are better cared for there. Since we all have responsible, fast paced lives. However, these are abused by some people, just like anything really.

I feel that we are not taught to respect the elderly, in fact, looking at childrens programmes, adverts etc (which are all ways on mass brainwashing) most promote the idea that old people are "fossils" and "past-it".

What do y'all think?

Darth?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I do think that in comparison to the east, we completely disrespect the elderly. I'm part Mexican, don't worry here legally for over 5 generations, most of the family has never even been to Mexico, and most of us don't even speak spanish, but we still reserve much our culture. Family units are tight, and through thick and thin, we look out for each other. It may not apply to all of course, but in general. With my grandpa, you gave him respect, or he'd give you a whoppin, but he also had lot's of stories to tell. The wisdom, the stories, how can you pass that up? But when I see families here in America throw their elderly in a home just so they can get their house, money or just out of the way. Most of the time, they aren't even sick, they are just old. Also, the way the elderly get's treated, or the way people talk back at their parents and in the manner that they do, it's just astounding. I don't understand that because growing up, if I or my siblings talked back at my parents/grandparents, you got beat.

So when I see posts talking about just getting rid of the elderly, handicapped, and all of those considered "a burden" just makes me sick. It goes along with the mindset I was talking about. Forget about love, forget about commitment, forget about responsiblity, forget about the right thing to do, let's just have the grandparents put down because they are old and stupid anyway or let's put down the handicapped because they are a burden on parents and society. Got to save a few imaginary dollars, and them people in wheelchairs are draining the system right! Another excuse for trying to make this garbage look like a great thing is, "having a kid like this (handicapped) was not part of my plan for a family", or something a long those lines. What is that? Not part of the perfect family? What's supposed to be perfect?

The way I was raised, if you start a family, you will do everything you can to make you family happy, even if your kid comes out autistic, paralyzed, missing limb(s), etc. Having such a child put down because it's just such a horrible burden that one might actually miss monday night football, or american idol, or some other couch potato endeavor. Same thing goes with your spouse, if I married my girlfriend, and she got disabled in a car accident, does that mean I should "put her down" because she is ruining my life? Nope, for better or for worse. All this crap is just the sissies way of getting out of the responsiblities as a parent, spouse and child themselves. You die/sacrifice for your kids and you honor spouse and you respect the elderly, how is this so hard to understand for some people?

I think I may have expanded my answer your question a little bit,

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Darth Lumina]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Well said. Western culture breeds a systematic belief of "whats best for ME". That is where I disagree with the promotion of rational thinking and the irradication of morals to be replaced by ethics.

Rational thinking allows for any action as long as its justified by enough reasons.

*to the OP. Humans are not machines of pure logic. We are both emotional and logical.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I know you are a Pusher, and I know who you are, what you want, and why you're here.

Have fun explaining how you got caught.

That's two threads, I'm going for your third one, a trinity factor.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally poseted by justsomeboreddude

By your very screen name I am worried that maybe they have already gotten to you and made you fear and distrust all that is around you. I beg you to open your eyes and see the good people that are everywhere.

HAHAHA...BRILLIANT

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well all I can say is thanks for jacking up my points. You are a good man. You better watch out for those around you, they might decide they want to be free and vote to terminate the King. The last thing you may hear is "The King has left the building."

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
In a perfect world (not this side of the grave) we wouldn't be having this discussion. Pro Choice is I made my decision now you make yours. Consequences are what we made by. I've known a lot of women who were seriously abused as children. My choice would have been to put that guy to sleep. (aside: My dog got way to old and instead of letting it starve to death because it forgot how to eat my vet gave him 1 shot and he was gone. I live with my choice. Also vets have good stuff, why do you have to put them to sleep and them kill them. With a vet, one shot does it all.)

Some Scandanavian countries are trying that with mixed success but they have Nationalized medicine so their choices are limited. My buddy has MS, is 52, is pushed in a wheel chair and fed by others (the things he can eat by himself are limited). As a Christian, he can't choose to go that way so he prays the rapture comes fast or he dies naturally (the rapture is just around the corner. Do you have your early departure ticket?).

We live with the choices WE make or don't make. Our responsibilities, if we choose to accept them, are our responsibilities. Pro Choice is a choice not to choose FOR you.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join