It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...There's hope for the economy Only w these changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
from Woody Brock...............linked at a ton of sights

www.marketoracle.co.uk... (this link works)

basically he sums up the Recent rise in Deficits as something that is OK....so long as we take the steps ....NOW to increase GROWTH via productive allocation of spending .....and increase incentives for private capital to invest .....as well as tap in to some of the inovation capacity we have (that helped us in the 1990's (i.e computer's).....that way even with the deficit growth the Debt to GDP ratio can come down to a sustainable level

it is a LOONGG article but it is very imortant for those who want to understand and get an idea of some of the policy's that appear necessary should the U.S standard of living become raised again.............and you can see just how the author thinks obama's current policy's are doing .....to that point (hint; he was a obama voter...and he his VERY disturbed at the current policy's)

you could decide to cut toward the last 1/2 or 1/3 or the article for the pro-growth strategy's /policy's as well as the deficit reduction policy's......

^It's worth the read and it is LONG PAST TIME for obama supporters to be careful not to be disillusioned by his mere Image, his rhetoric, and realize .even if it was a big success to get him in the white house! and despite all the barriers he tore down on his successful campaign...........it remains likely that unless he change's his policy's (esp. those that summer's and geithner propose) HE WILL go down as a FAILURE .......(i don't want that for my country!)

perhaps there is a greater agenda at stake and that is why better policy's are not getting day light (beyond general protection of the beneficary's of the status quo....)..but agenda's or not the people of this country .....should we become angry enough before it's too late .....could at least delay any agenda (IF one exists) .....and IMO Geithner and especially...Summers have to go

[edit on 20-5-2009 by cpdaman]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Just thought I would inform you that:
......your link is broken

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
No matter what your political views may be, economics trumps politics when it comes to the bottom line.
Obama can't make the economy better and neither can any other politician. They can only try to affect the outcome or leave it alone. They are wasting a lot of cash and have already indebted us for the forseeable future with billions in interest debt but have not done anything to improve the economy.

Back to basics.

Production is key.

And we don't have it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
any thoughts on this article it is pretty central to economic recovery

top topics

join