It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck depantsed by the Vue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow! I watched a segment of "Worst persons" tonight on MSNBC's Keith Olbermann and Glenn beck completely discredits himself, admitting he lies, doesn't check facts, and is merely a news commentator. This should end any more discussion about this credibility. I honestly feel sorry for him. But, I always feel for the handicapped.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The same can be said for anyone in the MSM... so what exactly is new?

Especially consider the fact that Beck towed the party line, then supported Ron Paul a bit, then went Fema Camp nutso and anyone could have seen this coming. Like any "Newscaster" on the MSM he is an entertainer.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
ya it is about ratings

the "news" hasnt been about reality in a long time

a very long time

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Please delete.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Heh. Glen Beck. He's a clown, an entertainer. The View isn't any better, either. It's a liberal slamfest with one lone, and very ignorant cutie named Elizabeth Hasslebeck on it who tries to speak for conservatives and does a really sorry job at it. When I want a laugh, I can choose the View, Glenn Beck or Jerry Springer.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Um, never in my life of watching Glenn Beck have I ever heard him say, "believe me on this." He has said plenty of times for people to investigate things themselves.
He has never said about himself being a news reporter, or an investigative reporter or anything like that.
He has always been a commentator, he has never claimed to be anything but that.
And you are taking the View and Keith Olbermann seriously? Those are commentators as well, but from the other end of the political spectrum lashing out at Glenn Beck and the right-wing like always.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Haha so your discrediting a reporter on fox news from the View?

barbara walters and an ex-survivor cast away giving you the facts straight up...oh and whoopi!

It's clear Beck isnt book smart but he's a better newscaster than anyone on the view

These people get their jobs as newscasters because of their personality and ability to read lines...not because they are smart.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

Keith Olbermann and his "Worse Person" gig is a joke. It is virtually always a FOXNEWS person that he picks. The reason is obvious. FOXNEWS commentators kick his butt in the ratings, and it galls him no end. Olbermann is one of the meanest, dishonest persons on MSM.
Note how the video clip was edited. You can edit anything to make it look anyway you want. Beck admitted that he was a commentator, not a news reporter. Olbermann is a commentator also, not a news reporter. Both give their OPINIONS, NOT FACTS. If that is the definition of lying, then indeed, all commentators are liars.

As for the View, a bigger group of left wing-nuts has never been assembled on one show.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry he went on The View. He knew they wouldn't discuss anything of substance. What a waste of his time.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I felt a little sorry for Glen Beck on this one. By now anyone that knows me here, and I am sure that does not include many, knows I am not a Glen Beck fan.

My problem really has not been all that much with Glen. It has been more with the people that take what he says as gospel.

Glen repeatedly tells his audience that he is a clown, a rodeo performer and an entertainer.

I don't know if you can blame him if after that people still believe the crap that spills our of his mouth in the guise of truth when he continues to preface it with a disclaimer.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
He was dreading going on the show. He knew he would get picked apart.

Women are great at arguing...and when u are up against 3 of them...you can't win! I can't win against one!

Crap television...i would have loved to hear them talk about coming inflation or our unsustainable debt...instead it's WHO SAID "HEY" TO FIRST crap.

It'd put it in line with the Jerry Springer show.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think that, from time to time, Beck says some important things that the MSM otherwise ignores. I also don't like The View, or anything about it. With that said...to lie about and mock the panel of The View right before going on The View is in poor taste at best, and stupid at worst. What did he think would happen?

This is the internet era. Radio broadcasts don't just vanish into the aether.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

He knew it was coming. They didn't play the clip where he knew he was going to get beat up over the whole thing. At least he had the sack to still appear on the show.

But again...non issue.

I say we take all of BaWa's money and give it to Acorn.

Let them continue to live the lie that everything is going to be fine!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Pfffft...

Just do a google search on "Olbermann lies"...nuff said about that arseclown...

As far as Beck...he calls himself a rodio clown, what do ya want?

The other show.....I can't even remember the name of it
, well, that's all I got to say 'bout that

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
However, Glenn Beck reports on things that no other ‘Reporter’ or ‘Commentator’ would touch; such as the growing groundswell of grass roots anger at taxes and the fascist takeover of the private sector, the corruption, lies and cover-ups of the Obama Administration, the moral bankruptcy and duplicity of the Republican Party and the growing sentiment for Revolution across the political spectrum in America.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Thing about a rodeo clown is that it's their job to essentially distract the big angry bull from trying to attack and impale the cowboy while he gets out of the way. So in a way Glenn Beck could be beneficial to us by distracting the big angry bull for us or else he could be distracting us being the big angry bull. Goes both ways.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

Thing about a rodeo clown is that it's their job to essentially distract the big angry bull from trying to attack and impale the cowboy while he gets out of the way. So in a way Glenn Beck could be beneficial to us by distracting the big angry bull for us or else he could be distracting us being the big angry bull. Goes both ways.

Well if you follow the money I think you might find a clue to which way that wind blows.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Glen Beck is good at what he does and I enjoy listening to him. If you prefer getting spoon fed pre screened agenda riddled news story's continue listening to the other so called reporters.

Granted he touches on some "out there" subjects at least he has the moxie to take the time to do so. If you think he is out there for some of the topics he discusses I find it confusing that you would say so in a place like ATS where pretty much anything goes. Just because he touches on a subject does not mean he endorses it. He just brings up subjects that viewers and listeners key on.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

Big Angy Bull. Hey, I thought Rosie left the View. Badda Boom Badda Bing.

Sorry, Rosie. Couldn't resist.

As for Beck. I like him for what he is and for what he claims not to be. He gets people to think for themselves and to take notice of what is going on right under our noses most of the time.

He's got stones for facing the Hags of the View in person. He knew what he was in for.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As soon as I saw Keith Olbermann and The View all credibility was lost.

Thanks for nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join