It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

self-taught powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
does anybody know how one learns to use an ability? are they born with it, or do they somehow learn it? can a person actually learn a new power from someone else? can a person somehow be so bent on learning a new power that it just comes to them? i need some answers if any of you know the truth about this subject. and i do mean the absolute truth about this.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Perhaps you could be more specific as to what type of powers.
The jury is still out, unless someone can prove the existence of the afore mentioned.
As of yet, there has been no proof of TK, PK, or other.
Some examples of psychic phenomenon and heightened senses perhaps.
As far as learning something as such, If someone has proven to you they have an ability, and is willing to teach it, then by all means, have at it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Sure...

Powers or SIddhis can be achieved by repeatedly performing certain yogic practices. What kind of powers do you have in mind ?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by skywalker_]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
im assuming by powers you mean skills. Ive been a good artist from a younger age, i believe truly that certain people are inclined to do certain things.

if you mean metaphysical powers, yoga and meditation can aid you.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbyboy
...if any of you know the truth about this subject. and i do mean the absolute truth about this.

...personal opinion only - but - anyone who wishes to put forth 'absolute truth' on this subject is someone that I'd personally take with a grain of salt...

...*truth* is such a fluid thing at times...

Oh definitely people can hold beliefs that to them may be their own personal *truth*...however I'd be somewhat skeptical of anyone who claims to be the holder of the one, true, undeniable *truth*...

...all good to share and discuss personal *truths* however...

Peace.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have always heard that visualization techniques work to accomplish psychic type powers, or mind over matter. Let us know what you find out.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think alot of it has to do with our perception's. We grow up being told this isn't possible, and are taught to question miracles, and such. If you can find your self with a true mindset where you do not question ANYTHING, do not seek an answer, just do, then that might bring you closer to a self relisation and maybe powers. Just my 2 cents. I've been trying for half a year now to achieve this kind of thought process, but it is really hard!!
It's hard not to question the why and how, and just live in the now..... i so didn't mean for that to rhyme lol.

Cherry

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i was mainly referring to telekinesis, with the possibility of elemental control. if anyone has an idea of how long it would take to gain control of these two through meditational means, i would definitely be interested in hearing it.

as for truth being fluid, i believe otherwise. i have learned that it's better to know what's true, rather than assume that you know what truth is. truth IS absolute. there's no changing it, there's no questioning it (unless you just like to be wrong), and there's no deleting it. it's as simple as that. it's why we call it truth, because it's true, with no regard to the opinions of others.

new topics

top topics

join