It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How NOT to land a plane...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What would u do if u were the passengers on this plane? LOL
Scary as hell!

Rough Landing

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I dont know, I think it is a fake. It seem unreal. To high of bounces, and the film seem jittery during the bounces.

Maybe not, its hard to tell.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Is that your landing on MS flight simulator? the nose wheel should be a permanent fixture in the cockpit!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i swear i didn't make this.
i don't even know how to edit videos.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
i swear i didn't make this.
i don't even know how to edit videos.

OK but its someones external view of a very bad landing in a flight sim program, its sure not the real thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I highly doubt the nose gear would take such a beating, but you know, I think I've experienced such landings!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Cool video mang, but like the others, it seems a little strange to be real.

The air the front wheel recieves while bouncing up and down is so funny is supa dupa.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
it looks real to me... the gears of planes are meant to take beatings like that, and yes sometimes pilots do make #ty landing like that.

it looks as if it's during a storm, due to all the gray back behind the plane in the sky. a strong gust could have caused that.

also, if it were a heavy storm approaching they would have been bringing the planes down as fast as possible. the dip in the wings right before touchdown could have been caused by the turbulence and vorticies of the plane landed prior.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
it looks real to me... the gears of planes are meant to take beatings like that, and yes sometimes pilots do make #ty landing like that.

it looks as if it's during a storm, due to all the gray back behind the plane in the sky. a strong gust could have caused that.

also, if it were a heavy storm approaching they would have been bringing the planes down as fast as possible. the dip in the wings right before touchdown could have been caused by the turbulence and vorticies of the plane landed prior.

what would i do without u, cmdrkeenkid?

it's real. trust me.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is why i think it is fake. It bounces to the same hight three times in a row, then goes into three little bouces. Nothing in between.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The bouncing appears to be caused by the tail hitting the runway, causing the plane to pivot on its main landing carriage, then the reaction from the nose wheel causing the tail to hit the ground against and so on.

dz

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

coming from a pilot? what kind of pilot license do you have that would lead you to think the landing gear could take beatings like that? do you know how much pressure is being thrown onto the nosegear when it slams down like that?

it's fake.. it's probably microsoft flight simulator.

and the tail never hits the ground.. it's smoke from the rear tires

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
my guess is cgi over an actual landing

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
looks real to me also it could happen we dont even know the full potential of nature so it could happen

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
SilQ, do you plan on transposing the entire Ebaums World site over to ATS? I mean I know he steals some of his video's from Stileproject, but still. Why don't you just put a link in your sig?

jra

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That looks totaly CG. But no way in hell is it MS flight sim.

It's a real video recording with some guys pretending to see an aircraft doing a horrible landing. I don't think people would actually laugh at that. More like gasp in shock.

The sounds of the aircraft landing don't sound like they are in the same environment. More like they are added in. There is no way an aircraft would bounce like that. I also don't see a reason why it started to bounce like that, it just starts bouncing off the front wheel for no reason. The tail did not touch the ground either. The wings don't react to the bounce either. They wings remain solid and stiff. Wings are designed to flex a little bit so that they don't snap off, but these stay totaly stiff.

I'm 100% sure this is CG.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It's not CG. I'm sure of that.

To me, this looks like a very large jet R/C plane being landed. I've been at competitions, and they often land badly like this.

I think that's what it is.

$0.02

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Zzub]

jra

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
uh... that would be an incredibly huge RC plane. It looks to be full scale to me. Look at the objects in the foreground compaired to the plane. Just how big do they make RC planes? surely not that big, nor do I think they would make the sound of a full sized comercial jet would it?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Am I the only one here who doesn't think that the landing gear looks right?

Also, does anyone recognize the markings on the aircraft? I can't make them out.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
uh... that would be an incredibly huge RC plane. It looks to be full scale to me. Look at the objects in the foreground compaired to the plane. Just how big do they make RC planes? surely not that big, nor do I think they would make the sound of a full sized comercial jet would it?

I didn't hear the sound, my speakers are off. I dunno. I've seen shots of model cars which look full size. I just don't think it could move up and down that fast. I concede that I could well be wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join