It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus sounds too amazing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rugis_sor

If Adam & Eve were caucasian, where did all the other races come from?

This is from a Biblical account during the time of Nimrod. He designed "The Tower of Babel."

Which has been associated with known structures, notably the Etemenanki, the ziggurat to Marduk, by Nabopolassar (610s BC). A Sumerian story with some similar elements is preserved in Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta (Wikipedia).

According to the Bible he wanted exclusive power and not God. So God fouls him by scattering people all over the world which He then would establish different nations, races, and languages.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
in summation because the bible says so...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Correction. Pliny and Josiphus refer to Christians, and later editors of their works penned in stuff like "the true son of god" and the line, in much the same way as Mormons have scratched the Ten Commandments into rocks in New Mexico and stuff.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

The josephus thing is a well know christian fraud "deluded people do desperate things" ----

Not a single writer before the 4th century – not Justin, Irenaeus, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, Cyprian, Arnobius, etc. – in all their defences against pagan hostility, makes a single reference to Josephus’ wondrous words.

The third century Church 'Father' Origen, for example, spent half his life and a quarter of a million words contending against the pagan writer Celsus. Origen drew on all sorts of proofs and witnesses to his arguments in his fierce defence of Christianity. He quotes from Josephus extensively. Yet even he makes no reference to this 'golden paragraph' from Josephus, which would have been the ultimate rebuttal. In fact, Origen actually said that Josephus was "not believing in Jesus as the Christ."

Origen did not quote the 'golden paragraph' because this paragraph had not yet been written.

It was absent from early copies of the works of Josephus and did not appear in Origen's third century version of Josephus, referenced in his Contra Celsum.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Hey MP how goes, nice to read your informed posts, you know the more time I spend peeking through the door of our garbled ancient history the more I am inclined to think that--

Prior to the last glacial meltdowns 100000 years ago +

A There existed on our earth a very very advanced human culture or cultures. That either destroyed themselves along with half the planet or were wiped out by celestial (geological) events that reoccur over very long periods of time.

B At some point in human prehistory, our ancestors perhaps early hominids, came into contact with visitors not of this planet or dimension.

I know this on the face of it may sound as delusional as xtianity but I don't hold a belief in this. The very scratchy (but repetitive) morsels of mythological and religious oral traditions, along with some very anomalous archeological artifacts just seem to tug me in that direction .

Not to go too far off topic the evidence for alien intervention is no less credible than that of the yahweh/jesus/ or krishna gods, ie speculation,hearsay and bodies of texts that can apply to both.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Hey!! Thanks for your compliment and good to see you again. Good points you brought out on your Josephus post!! Star for you!

Hey MP how goes, nice to read your informed posts, you know the more time I spend peeking through the door of our garbled ancient history the more I am inclined to think that--

Prior to the last glacial meltdowns 100000 years ago +

A There existed on our earth a very very advanced human culture or cultures. That either destroyed themselves along with half the planet or were wiped out by celestial (geological) events that reoccur over very long periods of time.

Agree!

B At some point in human prehistory, our ancestors perhaps early hominids, came into contact with visitors not of this planet or dimension.

Agree! Why not shades of both possibilities? There are indicators that the pyramids had a lot more going on than previously known (great show on the History Channel recently).

I know this on the face of it may sound as delusional as xtianity but I don't hold a belief in this. The very scratchy (but repetitive) morsels of mythological and religious oral traditions, along with some very anomalous archeological artifacts just seem to tug me in that direction .

I too think that there is just so much story behind the story, so to speak. I think we are on a precipice of new knowledge. I call this the real age of enlightenment. Rather than the forerunner of a couple of centuries ago.

To me it is more important to think of the possibilities than to stay in any box. Some of my views may be too far out there for many, but the point is; I DO think outside the box. I don't need to be right, but I do need to question.

Not to go too far off topic the evidence for alien intervention is no less credible than that of the yahweh/jesus/ or krishna gods, ie speculation,hearsay and bodies of texts that can apply to both.

So where there is a thread, it wouldn't hurt to follow it, eh? I believe in The Gods, and I believe that there is a special knowledge that is being revealed to man now. A lot on the History and Science Channels and discoveries. Time will tell where it leads us.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by MatrixProphet]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack
And the nazareth thing is not just interesting, it would be like saying that Cesar was a real emperor without ever having been a Rome to look at

[edit on 21-5-2009 by The Mack]

No, I don't think it would be like saying that at all...

Rome was a massive, thriving metropolis and an international trading centre, whereas Nazareth (whether it existed or not) is certainly not presented as such.

I have read some books that theorise that the issue comes down to a misinterpretation of what "Nazarean" means (from memory, they propose that Nazarean was a class of person, like a member of a certain group), but I'm certainly not an authority on the subject.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Moocowman and Walkingfox:

Yeah, I have since been reading up on the Josephus thing, which is interesting, but not a total surprise (given the "feverishness" of the faith held by those who lived in earlier times).

I presented a much larger list of sources who refer to Yeheshua/Jesus in a subsequent post.

Whilst, as I have already mentioned, I am only an agnostic, I am still decidedly unconvinced of these books one sees pop up every now and then which question whether Jesus existed at all. I find that a good measure of whether these (often sensationalist) books have any creedence is whether they make it into serious academic journals.

Quite often, writers who present "new history" or "alternate history" deliberately avoid academic circles due to the inevitability of their work being held up to serious scrutiny. The writers of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" come to mind...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
\"Telling people NOT to give money to a church, telling people to not even GO to church.\"

what? can you quote the part where it says that? if so i would of argued hell not to go there!

people now couldn\'t come up with this story, yes i think there is a big fat red herring!

oh lets omit this bit for a few years, no one will notice

and thats just the Kaflics

i\'m bad i know

all religions have omitted the really good stuff, because its free to us and they will miss out on a few bob

its how they can control us..

take away our spirituality

??

not any more!!

I believe Jesus was one of, and the actual galactic center of humanity and those who claimed they were healers or prophets. His birthdate I think caused his souls path from the center which is the sun by myth and fact.., to travel along planetary paths to here, where it collected energies resonating it, when it entered a body, namely marry magdeline, i think a combination of events could have actually given us the Christ, meaning a natural Lord, obviously his natural existence opposes rule by any other standards but rational-which humanity sadly is not..yet. And he like notradams predicts his return but from the dead to a vision to a friend still alive, the way he came and left..naturally. So dont expect Christ to come back from aliens..though they have a hand in it i would think. Think of it as being separated from yourself, not being able to know yourself fully until you complete a task, thats Jesus. How do I know this? I studied my bible mostly, and empathy as I read his words.

I have seen the white light twice in my life, and construct of color and motion which traslates it..to us and life.

beautiful huh?

[edit on 21-5-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
SO many DIFFERENT replies. Thanks for contributing yall. I have been continuing my research and find it is SO EASY to get lost in the mass of data and interpretations and translations.

I have tried to stick with my original thought to track down the original authors on the writings about Jesus but it seems that I do not even know who authored what. The names of the authors were added AFTER the fact. Frustrating.

I get frustrated digging through layers of writing. It is deep and consuming just trying to find something out like an Authors name.

I will not give up because I am finding things that I never even knew EXISTED.

But my simple question seems to have opened up a door to a world I never even knew existed. Some things that I took for granted turn out to be a...how does that quote go? A riddle inside a paradox inside a something else that's hard to figure out

Like that Q document you guys were talking about. Amazing stuff.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Pliny and Josephus are two ancient secular sources who refer to him and, in terms of conteporary corroborative manuscripts, there is actually more evidence for Jesus' existence than Julius Caesar, which is pretty interesting.

ROFL. There have been hundreds of threads on this. Few I have participated in this. There are more proof for Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great than Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Dude, I was talking specifically about corroborative "ancient" manuscripts. There are about 24,000 which relate to Jesus, the earliest of which was written about 60 years after his death.

Compare this to Julius Caesar, of which about 100 exist, none written before 950 years had elapsed since his death.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Dude, I was talking specifically about corroborative "ancient" manuscripts. There are about 24,000 which relate to Jesus, the earliest of which was written about 60 years after his death. Compare this to Julius Caesar, of which about 100 exist, none written before 950 years had elapsed since his death.

Ok. So there are more manuscripts talking about Jesus Christ than Julius Caesar. I hope you didn't pass that off as more proof of Jesus Christ existing than Julius Caesar.

Millions of superman comics have been sold. Does that make superman more true?

As far as manuscripts being published about Jesus Christ, you are probably right about him possibility the highest number of published books about him.

As for the OP: Jesus sounds too amazing? Have you studied other religions? Both modern and ancient?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Ok. So there are more manuscripts talking about Jesus Christ than Julius Caesar. I hope you didn't pass that off as more proof of Jesus Christ existing than Julius Caesar.

No no no. I was just presenting it as an interesting fact.

I foolishly assumed that people would actually read it, rather than just skimming. I guess it's a problem borne of the fact that there is so much crap on the internet. People need to filter and sift.

Originally posted by Deaf AlienMillions of superman comics have been sold. Does that make superman more true?

Heh. I was talking about contemporary ancient manuscripts (or as close to contemporary as you can get).

Fiction presented as fiction is another thing altogether. But I think you already knew that.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Gotcha

When I read something like that, my defensive mechanism goes full alert

But you are right about one thing... there are more manuscripts (if not the most) published about Jesus Christ than anyone else.

That is an unfortunate fact.

Jesus was amazing? Hardly. Reading different religions will tell anyone that he wasn't so amazing.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Jesus sounds too amazing

That's because He is, truely, AMAZING!! That is my belief and I will stick to it till the end!! Too many things have been real miracles in my life and I believe they are because of the presence of Him!!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

Too many things have been real miracles in my life and I believe they are because of the presence of Him!!

So you will tell others of different faiths that it was really Jesus who did miracles for them?

Amazing!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The people who want to try and dispute who Jesus Christ is are the ones who get so angry and defiant. I believe he died for me and accept the gift of salvation through him. If you choose to believe otherwise that is your choice. All too often some radical is in the media and all Christians are stereotyped. Read the Bible with an OPEN mind. Don't have any preconceived ideas. It speaks for itself.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by chicken on seaweed

Well, I have been a christian for 25 years. I've read the Bible thoroughly. There is a thread on ATS about a famous pastor for many years who had changed and claimed that the Bible was a forgery. So, I don't know what to tell you except to keep on reading and studying.

Again, Jesus was not unique. Anybody who have studied history and religion will tell you this.

Amazing! Amazing how people think Jesus was unique and amazing!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

I am with you, Cham, Jesus it truly amazing.

Unfortunately, the rulers of this earth (actually followers of Satan), deny this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join