It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: I was called a terrorist, and threatened...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
reply to post by alyosha1981

I'm sure in all of it, your pride and ego wouldn't let you consider common sense and just keep the stupidity to yourself, but hey, look at any 9-11 conspiracist and they all come off as whackjobs who are off their meds. Frankly, I think half of them are too, especially face to face.

So more or less, the mistake was likely on your part on a number of levels.. for one, having a wildly unpopular opinion on what happened, one which is usually false and has been discounted numerous times... and yet thinking that people really actually care about your flawed opinions, then, even knowing when you're not wanted, you continue to prattle on and disturb everyone's evening with your rantings to the point you're asked, and then told to leave.

... and then you come onto the internets to whine about it.

I'm putting my money on that's what the real version was more like.

So I'm in the midst of reading all of the thoughtful responses on this thread and noting my own in turn, and then I come to this. How very thoughtful of you to call me egotistical, "wackjob" and accuse me of "whining"
I fail to see any whining, or even anything close in my op. The point I was trying to make was clearly taken by many here and my shortcomings addressed in a polite and informative manner. I will refrain from counter attacking you, which would be a clear violation of the T&C, but I will ask you to discontinue attacks on me, please stay on the topic at hand if you continue to post in this thread and I will be more then happy to answer any questions you may have.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The reaction that you received is the reason that I no longer bother with people. I used to care what happened to other americans...but i don't anymore. As long as i can save myself and my family then that's all that matters. The rest of them can give up their freedoms, allow their gov't to kill them or whatever. I'm done.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Wow that really sucks man. You displayed an admirable amount of courage & conviction by sharing your view & staying calm. Very commendable.

It's amazing how the power that be have mob-rule down like no other enough to brain wash people into closing off & getting downright violent when beliefs are challenged. Very indicative of the "Do what I say or else" mentality US has been projecting all over the world lately.

And "Disturbing the Peace" is such an arbitrary law, I've had the cops called on me I don't know how many times by doing that dastardly thing of playing live music during the, that's under the county ordinances; but the cops had to response because of an A-hole neighbor who said we where "disturbing the peace".

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I applaud you Aly. When you have the opportunity to wake people up don't back off. Do it. But you have to understand that maybe you just took all of those bar patrons down the rabbit hole too fast. But chalk it up to experience. Something you will do differently next time. Sheeple can't handle the truth in one fell swoop. You tell them things in very small increments. And try to take yourself out of the presentation right away. For example: You could say that you heard about a book from a Dr Griffin- the 2nd Pearl Harbor. Then tell the sheeple around you- "I wonder what the book is about. Plant the seeds. They have to find the truth on their own. We will eventually prevail in this fight against the TPTB but to use a cliche- but it will be one person at a time.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Same kind of thing happened in Ireland with the institutionalized rape and abuse of children in catholic childrens institutions over decades. Nobody believed them because it ran contrary to everybody's notions and preconceptions of what the values of good catholics should be . A self protection mechanism to bury any evidence to the contrary and carry on with their delusions. Turned out those clinging to that paradigm were wrong afterall.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Im not on this thread to debate either. Im pointing out that you are wrong in many of your "beliefs" about that day. Why you choose to continue to "believe" in them, is beyond me. I had friends at the Pentagon that day, have been priviledged enough to speak with members of FDNY that were there and I work with some of the men and women who were desperately trying to arm and launch fighters that day....and NONE of them believe in the "9/11 truth" movement. (actually, a couple of them said that that "truthers" needed to have the crap kicked out of them for being "too stupid for f------ words") Of course, that was after they had to change phone numbers cause some conspiracy believing idiot was calling them at home.....

I know I will not change your mind, youve drank too much truther Kool Aid

BTW for the other poster that was questioning SPreston's response to me........he/she tends to monitor my posts and can always be counted on to show up with some dip---- comment.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

In the interest of the search for truth you said,

"...I work with some of the men and women who were desperately trying to arm and launch fighters that day."

I would like to know more about this.

Heretofore, the only info I recall about the instance of NORAD ~standing
down~ on 9/11 is a soundbyte akin to;

Enlisted officer: "Sir, the plane is approaching DC airspace.
Does, the order (not to shoot it down) still stand?

Dick Cheney : Unless you hear me say the order is changed, the
order still stands!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

That's probably pretty discouraging for you. It really sucks that the people reacted to you like that but sometimes they are not ready to hear it or react with anger to hide there fear that it actually sounds plausible. The good news is that for a few,you may have planted the seed of doubt in what they know as true and put them on the course to realize a lot of there truths are not true after all.... You may have caused them to stop and question. Don't let this discourage you. Peace!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What he's really trying to say is that those in the military are apart of whats become more and more perhaps the most EVIL WAR MACHINE in history that can only exist through your choice to GIVE UP YOUR CHOICE and THINK for yourself.

Anyone in this LIE called the War on Terror, who participates in supporting it or fighting in it, has the blood on their hands of those who created it no matter how much you might believe you're defending your country and civilization; THATS THE LIE you've been brainwashed to believe.

Albert Einstein said it better than anyone ever could:

"The pioneers of a warless world are the young men (and women) who refuse military service."

and...

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Are you more wise than the man who spoke those words?

There are more and more in the military waking up and finally beginning to realize asking "MY GOD, WHAT HAVE WE DONE".

They are horrified as they come to terms that what they're fighting for and have done is WRONG and is only perpetutating the EVIL that created 911.

I suggest you do some soul searching and re-assess your priorities before you do more damage to your soul.

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

You can say "with all due respect" or that you respect the armed forces all you want.

I went through basic and more for my training. I was never broke down, I don't think anybody was. What they did do is try to weed out the weak minded who can't take the fast tempo training at the beginning.

Wait. If they wanted to brainwash us wouldn't they want to keep the weak minded?

To suggest that we are easily manipulated into being brainwashed shows how little respect you have for the military.

You claim we are subjected to sleep deprivition, hunger and physical exhaustion in basic. I say you are lying. I went through it at Fort Benning Ga. One of the toughest Basic training posts you can attend. I didn't expierance none of that stuff. So how are you going to tell me differant?

You can sugar coat it with your all due respects if you want. But crap still smells like crap no matter how much air freshener you spray on it.

I tell it how it is, no sugar coating on my end. Like it or leave it. I really don't care.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Orion7911]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You must have felt like a tuxedo in a world of brown shoes in that bar.

It's a good thing you didn't stick around too long, the obvious low IQ in the environment of the mouth breathing ignoramuses would have dumbed you down too.

Way to stick to your beliefs. You were outnumbered and you totally schooled them all. Keep your head up high knowing you were 100% right and they were wrong. It's a shame they treated a veteran they way they treated you. We need more veterans like you that understand what TRUE PATRIOTISM means.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Problem is unless the person is interested in conspiracys or atleast have very minimal knowledge on it they will NEVER believe until it comes from the mouth of the media or the government.

Its annoying i know but unless your going to a conspiracy group meeting or the like your always going to get this treatment.

Im sure plenty of people have already said this but oh well lol.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Don't worry. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You really didn't do anything wrong except disagree with people who are insecure with their own beliefs. I know if something isn't challenging my own faith in something, I tend to get a little flustered. Thick-headed people that want to fight over it are usually the last to learn from challenging knowledge. Intelligence is dangerous, and misguided intelligence is just as dangerous.

I personally have never swallowed my pride when it comes to physical altercations when I approach somebody with peaceful intentions. Hell, that's justification. Even then, I always question and judge my own reactions. Maybe that's what separates good people from the flock. Maybe I am in the middle of it.

Perspectives, I guess.

In a world of contentment and complacency, you were one of the blessed that now knows what adversity really is. The moments when words become reality are usually harsh, but how lucky we are to experience them.

Stay up, dude.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Unfortunately, you cannot just have a face to face conversation with some people on possible alternative theories, particularly on 9/11. It's one thing if you were went in there and stood on the counter and was screaming these beliefs at people, but you were just trying to have a conversation about what you think happened and there is nothing wrong with that. I think what happened was that what you were saying had scared some of them. Many people don't like talking about or hearing about things that seem far fetched but true. It's easy to just call someone crazy instead of actually hearing someone out and giving it a thought.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
uh i would have stayed and said call the cops. i have every right to be here. and then probably filed a lawsuit the following day. Liquor licenses cost alot and you probably woulda won 1 in that lawsuit.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
People at a bar, specifically a "redneck" bar as many here have decided to brand it to be, are there to relax following a day (or week) of hard work. They are there to get away from the stress and in many cases, to avoid "thinking" and just get drunk or at least a bit relaxed. As cordial as the OP'er may have been, attempting to "educate" people in such a situation and expecting a positive reaction is not very likely.

And...while I think calling you a terrorist is a bit much, what exactly do you think you were calling the government that these individuals apparently respect? When you look at it that way...you were just called what you called their "friend". Also, the idea of "educating" individuals implies that the thoughts you convey are, by definition, facts. You were more accurately trying to "convert" these people than "educate" them. And that rarely ends well either.

Yes...the people of this country are stupid, flaccid sheep. But I hope we are smarter at regrouping the country than appearing in a bar and trying to convert others to our "religion".

But then again...just my opinion.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

I didn't see where the OP stated intent to "educate" I did catch this though...

Originally posted by alyosha1981 I listened but did not comment, until I heard 9/11 come up. I asked the gentleman who was speaking if he had ever heard of the 9/11 truth movement? He said no, I asked him if he wouldn't mind hearing some of my views on the subject, he agreed.

First, the patrons brought up 9/11, in what context I don't know(aly?), second they've never heard of the truth movement so it's likely aly's information was completely new to them resulting in fear & denial(to some point at least). Lastly, the patron agreed to hear what aly had to say.

I wasn't there so I've no way of knowing the manner in which the OP's info was presented, which indeed IS the biggest factor in the equation. However, the patron's final reaction is very telling, they could have simply disagreed.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In Texas a person in a red neck establishment is more likely to encounter drunken Christians that are intent on witnessing to them and lashing out at soulless liberals than anything else.... These are the ones that I find terrorizing, and yet no one would dare be critical of one of them.... I haven't had a drink in one of these establishments in a decade.... Being told that you are going to burn for eternity sure gets old.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't believe in the false flag 911 conspiracy theory but I do believe the bartendress and Marine were idiots. you have a right to try and educate people, even if your logic is flawed.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes... A long time ago I became aware that you will be rebuked with hostility by the people you attempt to enlighten - BUT - you are in good company. To the extreme we could mention, just a few... Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Gandhi, Siddhartha, Galileo, and the list goes on.

The bottom line is that if you are not communicating with like minded people you will be placing yourself in harms way whether what you are saying is true or not, and without regard to the quality of evidence with which you can prove your point. Preaching the gospel of truth is for yesterday, today is for survival.

I strongly propose, as a result of the potential danger we all face in the upcoming totalitarian take over, that we implement a way to identify each other, like minded strangers, in a subtle way that would not draw any attention.

My suggestion after some thought is that we wear a wristwatch on our right wrist rather than the left. It is subtle enough to not attract attention, and yet could be seen by a like minded stranger. Normally I do not wear a watch myself but would do something like this if others thought it a good idea too. Other thoughts and suggestions on this are welcome.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by SaraThustra]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

if i could teleport i would go to that bar kick them all in the nuts for you and leave, now that would be true terrorism my friend. im sorry you experienced this, however this is the common experience i have when i tell anyone my knowledge and proofs of events. i am completely calm and reasonable but they always pull out the BUT CNN AND FOXNEWS SAID,,, and omg they wouldnt lie comment. my own father and mother who i have told several events outcome before they happened and turned out to be true still dont believe me, they still think im crazy and they say every fact i give as coincidence, its so sad and makes me very angry

ive gotten to the point where i dont bother anymore, let them all be in denial i dont care. let them all believe in their lies, im done with people, they have let me down so many times i have no faith in them anymore. i will only answer those who ask, i may hint from here and there, i will not tell, i will only answer.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Hemoglobin]

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join