It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: I was called a terrorist, and threatened...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

You can say "with all due respect" or that you respect the armed forces all you want.

I went through basic and more for my training. I was never broke down, I don't think anybody was. What they did do is try to weed out the weak minded who can't take the fast tempo training at the beginning.

Wait. If they wanted to brainwash us wouldn't they want to keep the weak minded?

To suggest that we are easily manipulated into being brainwashed shows how little respect you have for the military.

You claim we are subjected to sleep deprivition, hunger and physical exhaustion in basic. I say you are lying. I went through it at Fort Benning Ga. One of the toughest Basic training posts you can attend. I didn't expierance none of that stuff. So how are you going to tell me differant?

You can sugar coat it with your all due respects if you want. But crap still smells like crap no matter how much air freshener you spray on it.

I tell it how it is, no sugar coating on my end. Like it or leave it. I really don't care.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

You can say "with all due respect" or that you respect the armed forces all you want.

I went through basic and more for my training. I was never broke down, I don't think anybody was. What they did do is try to weed out the weak minded who can't take the fast tempo training at the beginning.

Wait. If they wanted to brainwash us wouldn't they want to keep the weak minded?

To suggest that we are easily manipulated into being brainwashed shows how little respect you have for the military.

You claim we are subjected to sleep deprivition, hunger and physical exhaustion in basic. I say you are lying. I went through it at Fort Benning Ga. One of the toughest Basic training posts you can attend. I didn't expierance none of that stuff. So how are you going to tell me differant?

You can sugar coat it with your all due respects if you want. But crap still smells like crap no matter how much air freshener you spray on it.

I tell it how it is, no sugar coating on my end. Like it or leave it. I really don't care.

Again, I never insulted anyone. You are choosing to take it that way. I again ask you to step away from your emotion for a moment. I am not here saying that all military members are brainwashed into being mindless drones. I am not here saying they have all been duped into believing what they believe.

I am saying it is abolsute FACT that programming takes place in the military, and that at every level of it, you are programmed one way or another.

I never said you were "easily brainwashed", but, in actuality, most of the human race is. Most are programmed every day, by their job, by the media, by most everything they do, and they don't even realize it. I'm afraid that you fall into this category, friend. You are so emotionally opposed to the idea that you roundly reject them, without even considering it.

Again, it is amazing to me that in this, which I have been nothing but civil, you resort to petty attacks and insults. You can do better than that. (or maybe you cant?)

Please, try harder.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I see it differantly.

You sugar coat your insults, I don't. Take it how you want. You know how I feel. Its best its left at that.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am sorry what you went through just because of a difference of opinion.

My views on the subject are this.

It was NOT done OR planned by the government. But, the government did use it as an excuse for abusive after the matter actions, against our own people and foreign nations/citizens.

Also keep in mind, bars are filled with drunk people, and people who like to drink (which can sometimes be ignorant folk).

Or as the saying goes..."We don't like your kind of people".

Sounds like a crappy time.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Wow!!!,you fumbled into that one hey,I don't know where you're from,but down here in the south they can't decide if they wanna fly a rebel flag,or the stars and stripes,so they fly both.

There are a lot of seriously ignorant people in this country.

I avoid most everybody,especially when there is alcohol involved.

You can't save anyone,I tried,give it up.

You can only save yourself by not pissing off the monkeys.

No offense.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I can attest to the fact that Marines are brainwashed by the same techniques and a lot worse, or at least they were when I was in training over 42 years ago.... People are being programmed the day that they enter school until they either see the light or die.,, We all grow up in an environment that sees anyone that wears a coat and tie and stands in front of a TV camera as a trusted friend that is informing them about what is good for them.... We are living in a society that is being very efficiently conditioned to do as they are told, because TPTB is good and wants what is best for us.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

You really going to compare your training 42 years ago to the training we recieve today?

You don't think that the training has changed into something that hardly resembles anything you did?

You really want to offer up your 42 year old basic training testomony to go against the basic I went through 9 years ago?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Wait. If they wanted to brainwash us wouldn't they want to keep the weak minded? To suggest that we are easily manipulated into being brainwashed shows how little respect you have for the military.

Of course you care, or you wouldn't be doing your sad macho grandstand witch doctor dance to appease the part of you that cares.

You have a serious chip on your shoulder and posts like this are why so many people assume military = #ed up person with rage control problems. Look at yourself, you do have a rage control problem. Get help.

He mad a mistake showing you any respect at all.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

Thank you for your insightful reply.

I care what he thinks about the military and the lies he spreads about it.

I don't care if he likes the way I say things. He didn't show any respect. He insulted me by saying "no disrespect" and then proceeded to disrespect.

Where this concerns you, I really don't know. But as I told him in my last post to him, I see it differantly then he does and pretty much agreed to disagree. I don't expect an apology from him and I'm hoping he doesn't expect one from me.

You can go along your buisness know. Its all over.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I can attest to the fact that Marines are brainwashed by the same techniques and a lot worse, or at least they were when I was in training over 42 years ago....

See, there are any number of reasons why civilians think that stuff goes on. One is that it did go on here for a long time and still occurs in many other militaries in the world. Another is that elite units like the Seals still do have a famous part of their training with sleep deprivation and similar challenges.

The whole frothing rage about people not respecting the military is too much of a favorite trope for some people. They can't even wait for it to really happen before they launch off into their latest attempt at writing that TV monologue that gets them the Emmy.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Ppl are looking for someone to blame for their troubles.

Ppl do not like to be told they have been hoodwinked or fooled.

Sometimes in the past ppl had to say "Don't kill the messenger"

The way around this is to step outside the discussion, and let
a not physically present 3rd party tell the story and you just
offer it as a thought piece.

They like to believe the media, this film uses it to prove its point,
and the film has been independently verified.

This has worked for me concerning 911.

The film I use to get some traction with ppl is "9/11 press for truth".

It is the hardest one to refute.

It does not use anything that can be taken out of context or
misconstrued in its evidence and making its case for some
kind of cover up.

Ppl do not like to reopen deep bitter wounds, but when you come across
ppl that have questions or seem open minded slip them a copy and
walk away.

At some point ppl who express these points of view are going to be
called subversives and worse.

We are at a crossroads here, and soon questioning the official story
will be an offense that can get you held for questioning.

Do not call it an inside job in public, let them watch the film and
let them draw their own conclusions, and then take the next step
and discuss it slowly and carefully.

Alcohol and this topic are likely a bad combo.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant

I can attest to the fact that Marines are brainwashed by the same techniques and a lot worse, or at least they were when I was in training over 42 years ago.... People are being programmed the day that they enter school until they either see the light or die.,, We all grow up in an environment that sees anyone that wears a coat and tie and stands in front of a TV camera as a trusted friend that is informing them about what is good for them.... We are living in a society that is being very efficiently conditioned to do as they are told, because TPTB is good and wants what is best for us.

Thank you for being a voice of reason here, and not just jumping on me and accusing me of being insulting, as that is not at all what I was doing.

Every step of american life involves programming of some sort, and it only becomes more intense as you get closer to adulthood. Whether it be the military, or college, or trade school, or just going straight into the working world, you are being programmed.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by hypervigilant

You really going to compare your training 42 years ago to the training we recieve today?

You don't think that the training has changed into something that hardly resembles anything you did?

You really want to offer up your 42 year old basic training testomony to go against the basic I went through 9 years ago?

to this, I have to rply with a question: If they were doing this forty some yeasr ago, and had success with it(afterall, america was considered the preeminent military power in the world for quite some time), wouldnt you think they would not only still be doing it, but advanced it to the point where you didnt even kknow it was happening?

Ever heard of MKUltra, project superman, etc? They are not imaginary.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

42 years ago it was ok for the DS to beat the crap out of the trainees. They had alot of success with that type of training also.

Blacks were once segregated into their own companies. That worked well.

Women once weren't allowed to fight in combat. That worked okay.

They don't do any of that anymore. I can go on and on about things that worked for the military that we don't do anymore.

Things that work go away because you get certain groups who complain.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Thank you for your insightful reply.

I care what he thinks about the military and the lies he spreads about it.

I don't care if he likes the way I say things. He didn't show any respect. He insulted me by saying "no disrespect" and then proceeded to disrespect.

Where this concerns you, I really don't know. But as I told him in my last post to him, I see it differantly then he does and pretty much agreed to disagree. I don't expect an apology from him and I'm hoping he doesn't expect one from me.

You can go along your buisness know. Its all over.

Lol. What if I didn't go about my business? What if we were in person? Would you threaten me with imminent physical harm?

No we are not done. You need to listen to me. You have a problem. You should at least be in counseling for it.

Spreading lies about the military happens in a leaflet or propaganda campaign. What you failed at was called a "discussion."

In a "discussion" people freely exchange ideas. Nothing there justified you flying off into a bullying rage like an orangutan. In a "discussion" people EXPECT that other people will share their first hand knowledge and experience. They don't expect that they are right about everything or they wouldn't pursue a "discussion."

In other words, next time try impersonating a normal respectful person and say 'that stuff isn't allowed anymore in the US military.'

Your interpretation of the 'respect equation' is more evidence that you are a time bomb of rage. Eventually, somebody will "cross you" and you will be unable to control yourself.

Just look at your own posts, they are full of 'disrespect' you even open with a lol line. Respect for you is just a club to beat people with. You don't know what it really means. What is honorable and respectful about trying to bully someone to shut up? You're a disgrace.

Why am I concerned here? Because I do have family in the military. You are exactly the reason people think the military is a bunch of ignorant bullies. You are an ignorant bully.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by 11andrew34]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

No I wouldn't threaten you with physical harm. I would get you riled up. Like you are now and then walk away to leave you upset and steaming, I wouldn't turn around no matter what you called me, no matter how loud you yelled "you have to listen to me".

Like I am going to do know.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You know this country has gone down the toilet when you can't even express an opinion without being labeled as something bad.

I applaud you for your courage Alyosha
. Who cares if it was a bar. You have the right to speak freely about your views wherever and whenever you want.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Striker122

Yeah, go into a bar that is African American in majority and claim that you think Blacks should still be our slaves.

I know you think that statement is stupid. But there are people who think like that. If they did this do you think they will be asked to leave? Will they be free to express themselves?

Most likely they will have a beating thrown at them so hard Nolan Ryan would be in awe of it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
OP: I commend you for your effort, I know you had good intentions, it is unfortunate that some Americans cannot consider alternate theories about a major paradigm altering event like 9/11. I question the reasoning of individuals who continually suggest the motive of the Truth Movement is something nefarious, in their minds it would seem dissent of government equates to heresy of country. Questioning our "leaders" is just what a patriot should do, regardless, a majority deem that sort of mindset as "unamerican" and that is simply ridiculous.

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola A point in their favour is that IF it was an inside job, and with all the evidence supplied to back this up conspiracy, then why hasn't any criminal charges taken place?

It never ceases to amaze me how many ask this question...the answer is common sense, IF it was government officials who set it up than WHO exactly do you think is in any position to put them on trial? That's right, nobody, not even Obama

[edit on 5/21/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Striker122

Yeah, go into a bar that is African American in majority and claim that you think Blacks should still be our slaves.

I know you think that statement is stupid. But there are people who think like that. If they did this do you think they will be asked to leave? Will they be free to express themselves?

Most likely they will have a beating thrown at them so hard Nolan Ryan would be in awe of it.

So, stating a belief that 9/11 was an inside job and advocating slavery and hate are the same thing? You have shown your hand, friend.

Rhetorical propaganda at it's best.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join