It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: I was called a terrorist, and threatened...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
People in this country don't want to hear the truth man.
In fact, stupidity has become a virtue.

Sorry that you were treated so poorly by our fellow citizens, but that's how Americans are now... they'd rather vote for a guy based on whether he'd be fun to have a beer with than whether he's smart and trustworthy.

Now you know why the USA is doomed and about to follow in the footsteps of ancient Rome.

All probably for the better though. Whats the best solution when a cancer infects ones body?

destroy it or the body dies.

In this case, the cancers consumed nearly the entire country.

Death is near

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I'm sorry, and I mean no disrespect, but the military is ABSOLUTELY brainwashed. Think about what you did in boot camp. Sleep deprivation, withholding food, excersizing until exhaustion-these are all very well known techniques used in deprogramming. Heck, they advertise that they do it. They will break you down. Rebuild you. Make you stronger. Etc., etc.,

Deprogramming is ABSOLUTELY brainwashing.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I honestly did not think that the conversation would result in me being called a terrorist, I thought people (even bar patrons) would be open for conversation and your right I won't be doing that again.

Didn't you know? "Terrorist" is the new "We don't speak kindly to strangers 'round here".

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You gotta love the ignorant. You should try and file a grievance. If these people were true Americans they would value the freedom of speech. But these days you gotta pay for everything.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion7911

Originally posted by Angus123
People in this country don't want to hear the truth man.
In fact, stupidity has become a virtue.

Sorry that you were treated so poorly by our fellow citizens, but that's how Americans are now... they'd rather vote for a guy based on whether he'd be fun to have a beer with than whether he's smart and trustworthy.

Now you know why the USA is doomed and about to follow in the footsteps of ancient Rome.

All probably for the better though. Whats the best solution when a cancer infects ones body?

destroy it or the body dies.

In this case, the cancers consumed nearly the entire country.

Death is near

Yes... all empires fall eventually. An uninformed populace is the greatest threat to a Democratic Republic. And we are woefully uninformed.

Nevertheless, I hope the country wakes up, and we save ourselves, as I dearly love the United States.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

with all due respect they have been reprogrammed to not even suspect the US government of any kind of criminal plot despite all the evidence that says otherwise.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

9/11 was an inside job and not a single soul on this Earth will make me say otherwise. 9/11 will still be an inside job when I breathe my last breath.

I'm all about freedom of speech/though, but when I read comments like this, I am proud of those bartenders and bar patrons that stood up to you.

You all take inconsistencies and unresolved questions and use it to advance your worldview. You all live in a world of black-and-white, where nothing happens by accident or chance, and where only "the government," not "regular" folks like yourself, are responsible for the ills of the world. When people point our holes in your argument, you call them traitors, NWO "shills," puppets, sheeple... the list goes on and on. You cry that you are being persecuted and demonized? Take a good look in the mirror and you'll see who's doing the persecution and demonization.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

and how is that worse than the people who dismiss ANYTHING they hear from gov / offical sourses and the so called main stream media ?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Bars are not places of knowledge, character, and learning. But you knew that.

While Isaac Newton was a student at Cambridge it's well noted that many of his ideas manifested from The Eagle Pub on campus.

On a side note, there is a church about a block away from The Eagle Pub with roots to the American flag design.

Further, some of the brightest scholars can bee found in basement bars around universities. The bars you go to might not be places of knowledge, character, learning, but don't generalize that all bars are for red necks and trash. You probably didn't know that.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It's clear that what you were selling, the audience wasn't buying.

I think the most telling quote you offered is the following.

"It's a shame because some people refuse to accept anything other then what their feed by TPTB, I believe they feel comfortable in the reality that television created for them, good thing I didn't try to attack American Ido"

Perhaps it wasn't the message that was rejected but rather your attitude. You state that you were polite and stuff but I'm guessing that the way you were perceived had more to do with the about mentioned quote than the way you actually presented your material.

Just my opinion but if you believe that all the people in the bar fit the standards of that quote, then your message will continue to be rejected whenever you try to spread the word.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

This is the only place for me to express my views also. I tried to express my views on another board I frequent, but I was called names there. One thing though is, I've met about 100 of the members of that particular board, and a few are friends.

I talked to a neighbor of mine about my beliefs on 9/11 over a few drinks once. That was the last time. We don't speak at all anymore. Too bad really that most people are blinded by the government and MSM.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
reply to post by jd140

I'm sorry, and I mean no disrespect, but the military is ABSOLUTELY brainwashed. Think about what you did in boot camp. Sleep deprivation, withholding food, excersizing until exhaustion-these are all very well known techniques used in deprogramming. Heck, they advertise that they do it. They will break you down. Rebuild you. Make you stronger. Etc., etc.,

5 hours of sleep a night, except 1 night, there was a tornado warning. Never had food withheld, excercised an hour and a half a day.

Anything else you know nothing about that you feel you need to talk about? Just because you watch Full Metal Jacket a few times doesn't mean you know anything about basic training.

And I mean that with as much disrespect as you can take from it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As someone sagely noted above, "It happened in a bar..."
You may have got the same kind of response by saying in a Denver bar - for example - that John Elway was a rubbish quarterback, or that country music sucks.....

People (plural) will always herd in to the easiest belief. The alternative is to do research, and to balance all the data. Way too much thinking for some.

The MSM and TPTB adopted a simple argument - "No it isn't."
They use it all the time (that, plus character-assassination e.g. 'Oh, you're an idiot if you believe that...' or 'even though what that guy is saying is valid on an intellectual basis, don't believe him because he once had sex with a hooker/smoked pot/drove too fast/ate rattlesnake' - you get the idea) because it's easier than actually addressing the issue at hand in an intellectual manner.

IF 911 happened exactly as reported by the MSM/PTB why is it completely impossible for them to address directly any concerns and questions that have arisen since the official reports? When a question is asked, the answer is always "No it didn't" or "You're an idiot" or similar. No actual data, facts, proof etc. required that way. People have been conditioned to respond this way.

Someone I know was molested as a child by a family member. The mother and aunt of that family member absolutely refuse to believe it. It's too shocking for them. That doesn't mean it didn't happen! It's easier for them to believe it didn't, because they can continue with their lives without thinking too much. It doesn't upset their cozy little world.

Same with 911. If 911 was the inside job it appears to be, it's too terrible for most to believe. It means that they have to rethink their lives. Way too much pressure. It's far easier to believe the pamphlet, and continue with picking out new curtains for the guest room.

The patrons and staff of the bar were obviously in that mode.

Best not to share your thoughts (no matter how noble or right you are) with those who think the same, or when directly asked for your opinion.
Offering your thoughts - on any subject - usually ends in tears.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well first, I'm sure there's more than one side to the story. I've seen these types in bars before, and yeah, they're disturbing the peace. While your version seems just so detached and logical, your rhetoric speaks volumes as to the effect on the audience. Snide remarks, yet you kept going, a few more outbursts, but still, you just have to talk, and likely dominate the conversation and 'educate these tools', I'm sure too.

So more or less, I'd lay $10 on the real version of the story is that you heard 9-11 and came in like a religious zealot, and started talking increasingly crazy, unable to show any proof at all, but being absolutely immune to any other logic or reason.

I'm sure in all of it, your pride and ego wouldn't let you consider common sense and just keep the stupidity to yourself, but hey, look at any 9-11 conspiracist and they all come off as whackjobs who are off their meds. Frankly, I think half of them are too, especially face to face.

So more or less, the mistake was likely on your part on a number of levels.. for one, having a wildly unpopular opinion on what happened, one which is usually false and has been discounted numerous times... and yet thinking that people really actually care about your flawed opinions, then, even knowing when you're not wanted, you continue to prattle on and disturb everyone's evening with your rantings to the point you're asked, and then told to leave.

... and then you come onto the internets to whine about it.

I'm putting my money on that's what the real version was more like.

Unfortunately, you're probably so deep into buying your own BS, that you don't even realize it, so I can't entirely blame you, but take it as an outsiders opinion looking in, if you're still capable of that.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
reply to post by jd140

with all due respect they have been reprogrammed to not even suspect the US government of any kind of criminal plot despite all the evidence that says otherwise.

With no respect intended, you don't know what you are talking about.

Most of the military know that 9/11 was used as an excuse to go to war with Iraq. Most of us don't believe they had WMDs. We know we were lied to and we know we will be lied to again.

Just because we don't believe your conspiracy doesn't mean we are programmed a certain way.

You are just as ignorant as those people in the bar. Scared of someone elses point of view.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

so an empty hole in the ground = wreckage? Get a clue man. The "crash site" was only a few hours from my home town. I have seen more wreckage in car crashes on my street than that plane supposedly had.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

9/11 was an inside job and not a single soul on this Earth will make me say otherwise. 9/11 will still be an inside job when I breathe my last breath.

I'm all about freedom of speech/though, but when I read comments like this, I am proud of those bartenders and bar patrons that stood up to you.

You all take inconsistencies and unresolved questions and use it to advance your worldview. You all live in a world of black-and-white, where nothing happens by accident or chance, and where only "the government," not "regular" folks like yourself, are responsible for the ills of the world. When people point our holes in your argument, you call them traitors, NWO "shills," puppets, sheeple... the list goes on and on. You cry that you are being persecuted and demonized? Take a good look in the mirror and you'll see who's doing the persecution and demonization.

You are suffering from a case of severe lack of information - go and learn something.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

He/she does have a point.

Not the part about you guys lacking evidence. But the rest of the post is pretty spot on.

Even your simple one line response made you look like you feel you are smarter beause of what you believe. It also showed that you are rude and have a holier than thou attitude.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by jd140]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
reply to post by jd140

5 hours of sleep a night, except 1 night, there was a tornado warning. Never had food withheld, excercised an hour and a half a day.

Anything else you know nothing about that you feel you need to talk about? Just because you watch Full Metal Jacket a few times doesn't mean you know anything about basic training.

And I mean that with as much disrespect as you can take from it.

Nice that you can be civil (in case you didn't get it, that was sarcasm).

I know plenty about boot camp/basic. I don't need to justify it to you.

I understand you are emotionally involved in this, but try and use a bit of logic. The fact of the matter is, the armed forces ADMITS to this. You can argue all you want. Doesn't change the facts.

talk about someone who feels holier than thou....sheesh.

Truth be told, I have nothing but respect for armed forces members. But when you are trained to kill, when you are put through these things(and yes, most do go through it in basic. I suppose I should take your stance on this-just because you went through simple basic and didnt actually train further than that in combat skills does not mean you are an expert on basic) you are being programmed tto perform your specific role. Whether it be as a mechanic, or on the front line, it is still programming.

No please try and be a bit more civil here, i did not insult you or personally attack you-that you feel this is the only way to make your point shows how weak your point is.

[edit on 5/21/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I have to agree with you, when I was finally confronted with the stagering truth of the events of 9/11 I had to stop thinking about it for weeks, it made me nauseated to even briefly think of the subject.

It is information overload as one other posted had stated.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join