It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: I was called a terrorist, and threatened...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

She also said he was disturbing the peace.

That is a legit reason to refuse service and to kick him out.

His word against hers and the witnesses.

IF it went down like he said, who side do you think the other patrons will be on?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
When trying to wake someone up from a deep sleep do you:

A) Pour a bucket of cold water on them?

b) Flip the light on and say wake up?

You have to be careful and wake a lot of people up slowly or you might get a bad reaction.

Sounds like you went into that bar with a bucket

You also have to realize that in a public setting some (the Bar Tender) will only catch part of your conversation. Even worse yet is someone who might be around that you really don't want to be involved with the conversation. (the Marine)
Some people lash out and start the name calling when they feel like they have been a fool. Lets face it no one likes to admit they are walking around with blinders on.

I'd say the ones who accused you of being off you meds are going to wake up soon, the Bar Tender has rolled over and went back for a snooze, and the Marine needs someone on the inside to wake him up.

Just take is slow and start off with more mainstream information and once they are awake and had a cup of coffee, hit them with the good stuff.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I am glad that some people do not put up with this 9/11 Truth Movement stuff. I am sorry you were called a Terrorist. I believe that was over the line, but then again, I also believe the 9/11 Truth Movement is over the line and has nefarious goals.

You were 'disturbing the peace' and probably should have just left the bar immediately. It doesnt matter if you think you were right or not, or if you purposely intended on disturbing the peace.

Yes, you should be able to express your views and I commend you for doing it. However, you were in an inappropriate position to extend that view because of the setting. It 'seems' as if you were the one looking for a fight. It really ticks people off when you treat them like idiots, which you did to them by offering to change the subject, probably when you realized you were losing control of the argument. But that doesn't matter. What does, is people get upset, when you slap them in the face with false kindness and pretend an offer, such as changing the subject 'after' you enrage them.

ALCOHOL! DUH! It doesnt mix with emotions. People, especially Marines, tend to get BEER muscles after just smelling it. Don't Pee in a Marines Beer Mug unless you have a bigger stick then he does. Even if you think you can win, your gonna lose.

Again, I believe you were probably disturbing the peace. Are you a Terrorist for thinking that 9/11 was in inside job? NO! That was definitely out of line for them to call you that and they hold some of the blame for escalating the situation. Should you have been kicked out. Absolutely. It was a private establishment. They have the right, you don't. They don't want to serve you, you must take a hike if asked.

The only reason one would bring up the "Government Did It" view in that situation, would be because you would be looking for a fight. It doesnt matter if the Government Really Did It. That isn't the issue. Alcohol and emotions is the issue.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This situation you describe does not surprise me. I always quiz people now to see where they get their news. I find most people who are TV watchers live in a totally different reality than I. If they are TV watchers, then I leave them alone in their fantasy world.

Most of my friends and family are TV watchers and I have no discussions with them except on the weather or occasional sports topics. They seem to have no ability to critically think, they just parrot what they hear on TV, whatever Fox or CNN tells them, that is what they believe.

Most of them have no clue as to what is really going on. They think the economy is doing great and there is nothing to worry about.

Sad, but true...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

90% is a very optimistic number.

The brainwashed masses seem to be in excess of 99 percent.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am sorry to be so skeptical, but can the OP provide location of the bar? The story just sounds made up, and I hate to doubt the story, but it sounds like one of those test stories either to get people afraid to speak out in public, or to test for a reaction of some sort, or something else.

I again appologise for my doubt in your story. The thread is a really good thread, and I am not trying to bring any negativity to it, but I just have trouble accepting it without more details. Just a feeling I can't shake, again sorry to be doubting your story or to be skeptical, but I just don't know.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Rarely have I encountered a situation where people didn't already now something as very wrong with 9/11 or anything else for that matter. Knee jerk reactions like this do happen but you did a brave thing and for some, you may have set the seeds of doubt necessary to rethink their understandings. Oddly enough, if you been in a situation where two or three others commented in favor of your position it would have gone a long way to breaking the peer pressure / conformist mentality. People are profoundly weak.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Welcome to America, My name is governmet and I'll be your PUPPETEER tonight.

Our specials are Deceit, Lies, Manipulation, Greed, Enslavement and Murder for Profit.

Everything we tell you is true and if you dare to question or defy us, the strings of your puppet life and this false reality will be cut short and come to a crashing halt, therefore ending your puppet existence.

Thanks for dining with us and have You DECIDED, or do you need more time????

[edit on 21/5/2009 by Revealation]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
An excellent story.

I'm just slightly concerned about the OP's mental state though. The idea that their own government would be responsible for the wholesale slaughter of their fellow Americans is a repugnant and difficult thing to swallow. A point in their favour is that IF it was an inside job, and with all the evidence supplied to back this up conspiracy, then why hasn't any criminal charges taken place?
You also have to take into consideration people in the bar may have lost people on that date, or in the Gulf/Oil war.

I applaud you for your courage to speak your mind, but not your choice of venue

If it was me I wouldn't have been too surprised to wake up in A&E minus my teeth

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981 There was a small group of people at the actual bar talking about the economy and politics and things of that nature... I asked him if he wouldn't mind hearing some of my views on the subject

Pal, after spending some time on the far side of the news for a while now, I can tell you that there are certain conversations you just don't have. And they especially don't happen 'in a bar where everybody doesn't know your name'.

Nice try, though...

As an aside, I was in a small town in the Poconos a couple of years back, and just the other side of the "Welcome to..." sign was a smaller one that read "Report suspicious behaviour" Creeped me out...wish I'd have taken a picture, but that seemed like suspicious behaviour, eh?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

I'm just slightly concerned about the OP's mental state though.

Wow...

That is quite the nasty insinuation you have just made.

Did you not know that civility and decorum are required?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I can easily see how things got out of hand for you. It's disturbing how
quickly the term "terrorist" was brought into play, but you were in a
"mob mentality rules" arena.

It is hard enough to attempt to enlighten one single, sober individual
(who may be a personal friend) over morning coffee, but several unfamiliar
people in varying degrees of sobriety? Not a good idea. People tend to
drink to escape their problems, not be reminded of them.

The day after 9/11, I began cautioning everyone I knew about the dangers
of becoming "too patriotic". I made posts to web sites warning how this
zeitgeist of patriotism could be manipulated by the PTB and now years
later it would seem ~to me~ that I was something of a prophet. But to
my friends and coworkers (whom I share my opinions with) I am still
seen as a sort of ~friendly, neighborhood conspiracy theorist~ who is
fun to jibe in social situations. (In private however, I am often asked
my opinion in a more serious tone)

I have learned something from this. 1. Give ~the sheeple~ little sips of
the truth, over a period of time. Describe only one piece of compelling
evidence per sitting, like a carefully administered dose of medicine. Let
them sleep on on it and assimilate the info. Rather than try to change
their minds all at once. Realize that people tend to change their mind
only when they believe their own original thought caused the change.
(We humans are a rather egotistical bunch, aren't we?)

Hmm, now I can't recall what #2 was. How about, when in a bar,
surrounded by people of different opinion, stay away from the topics
of politics and religion. Choose where and when to fight your battles
wisely.

Good luck and godspeed.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
I'm just slightly concerned about the OP's mental state though.

Wow...

That is quite the nasty insinuation you have just made.

Did you not know that civility and decorum are required?

IMO, the poster expressed a legit concern. It read heartfelt and sincere.
"She" did noT personally attack OP.

A mental state can change over time. No?
( Happy, sad, angry, drunk, depressed etc.)

I don't get your claim. Isn't that for Mods to decide?

Regards...KK

[edit on 21-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

attacking other members here is not a nice thing to do... if i where to say your mental state is questionable because you think people with below average flying skills can hit most of there targets using jumbo jets at high speed (500mph) also because you believe a building structure can collapse at near free fall velocity... and this is due to a "pancake collapse theory" although there was plenty of resistance below the impact zones... who would you feel if I said your mental state is questionable due to your above beliefs?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

no its clearly an attack not a concern.... questioning someones sanity usually on the 911 subject is an attack... people have a right to express themselves free from these type of attacks.. Its a pretty low blow.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Yea I get similar looks and reactions from home. My darlin wife of 14 years and counting, also believes the media would not lie and the government would not lie. I've gotten to the point where I just won't say anything about the soldout media manipulation or anything similar. Hope she's right and I'm wrong, though from where I sit I'll have to tell her I told you so one day. She thinks I'm a bit nuts for questioning the gospel.

In short, keep your collar up and your hat low. In these days its better to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Ter-rorist witchhunts will become the rage when unemployed/finanacially unstable people realize they can get paid for ratting you out as disloyal to the gospel, which is just another way of saying suspected ter-rorist.

Please, stay safe, not sorry.

PG

[edit on 21-5-2009 by pizzaguy]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hang in there. There are MANY others that share your beliefs.

I had a similar, opposite experience in which I was sitting in a local bar enjoying many-a-good beers and watching a ball game when I heard others discussing politics. I minded my own business until I made sure the topics being discussed aligned enough with my own beliefs to engage the conversation myself.

I was a welcome voice in the bar, though most people didn't agree with the topics being discussed. Many people held their tongues as I and another gentleman discusses the current direction of international policy, the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and possibly Iran and also the occurrences on September 11th, 2001.

Most people had never heard of the Truth movement or such things as the TTC/NAU or the New American Century think-tank. I think it blew some people's minds. At least they had the intelligence to be quiet when topics were being discussed of which they had no knowledge of.

It sounds like you were not so fortunate in that people defaulted into their limited beliefs and engaged in pure ignorant denial and juvenile bullying rather than attempting to further educate themselves by either engaging in intelligent conversation or simply investigating the topics more on their own.

Knowledge is power and the people you encountered were some of the weakest people on the planet ... from the sound of it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Communicating complex subjects to people in bars is usually not going to be successful. The subject of 911 also carries a lot of emotional baggage for most people and being told everything they believe is incorrect often doesn't go over well.

There is really no way to put the evidence and analysis of said evidence into a compact form you can convey to someone in words.

Think of the world's leading quantum physicist trying to impart the whole of his knowledge to a 1st grader in 5 minutes. That is not going to go well.

Unless you are extremely practiced in explaining and selling the "911 was an inside job" concept and have your trusty DVD player and computer with presentation on it, it would be wise to stay away from such topics. Otherwise you end up with stoopid sounding stuff like, "Seriously, if you watch the collapses in slow motion you can see the squibs blowing out the supports ahead of the free falling building as it collapses neatly into its own footprint." Without the video right there to watch, it didn't happen.

I believe there are literally folks who might kill a person over a concept such as 911 being an inside job as it stirs such sadness, patriotism and anger.

There are many who are asleep but are "good Americans" and they harbor the same intense feelings about 911 that many of us do. They just think that brown men with box cutters did it, end of story. They are so completely brainwashed that they believe that the fed.gov could never, ever do anything wrong or harm an innocent.

If anyone is going to attempt a "wake up call" it is wise to have a plan and to know your audience.

The reaction of the bar patrons just shows how powerful the kool-aid they are being given is. It is hard for most folks to stop drinking it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I read this and said to myself this guy must live in Texas or a state around the area Colorado was like 2nd on the list haha.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have had a similar situation. Once I was trying to explain how the Patriot Act and the Marshall Law Act could be used against regular American people. I was scorned by my fellow collegiate peers and told that I was anti-american. Just as you experienced in the bar, I was told that the media and government would not lie to us, and that since they are not terrorists they have nothing to fear from the government. This was before the fact that we are in a Recession was recognized and announced by the media and government. When I told them that we were in a recession, they denied that too. I guess CNN hadn't reported it yet so it wasn't true

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join