It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: I was called a terrorist, and threatened...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodmoney
Seriously though if you had this conversation in 99% of all bars here in New Zealand you'd have a crowd agreeing with you, but hey we are on the other side of the world from the sphere of ignorance in the States.

This goes with what I said in my post. Non-Americans don't have the emotional commitment to America's God, Government and Country.

The state is really emotionally conditioned into people here with the swearing to the flag, and pledging elegance all that stuff. Sounds like the indoctrination to a cult to me. Blind elegance to the state is why it's done, and as this thread proves it does work on a lot of people. I mean how can you not trust something you've been swearing and pledging to all of your lives? I guess it could feel a lot like betrayal to not trust the system to a lot of people.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Sounds like you went to the wrong place.

Next time, may I suggest Truther's® Bar and Grill?

Hey, you never know. Maybe a 9/11-themed franchise like that could rake in some serious bucks.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Um, I didn't start the thread to debate those issues, I believe them and thats that! if you want to argue I suggest locating another 9/11 thread for that perposs, thanks for your input anyways. I wanted to speak my beliefs and was chastized for it, so much for free speach. I don't always agree with everything others believe in but I wouldn't dare call them a terrorist or threaten them because of it, unless of course I knew for sure they were in fact terrorists.

reply to post by Majic

Who knows? a place where open minds gather and didn't have to worry about being chastized for their beliefs?......seem a place like that once exsisted I believe it's called the United States of america, same location just under a different management

[edit on 20-5-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am sorry this happened to you, I'm positive that if any of us were with you that we would have "helped you" heh, It's so ridiculous and actually quite sickening how asleep many people truly are and can be.

~Renarism

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I agree with what cautiouslypessimistic said. Perhaps at lease one person there went home and said..."hmmm, I had never thought of that", or they may have not heard anything of it. You were were you needed to be at that particular time. I'm not taking sides or arguing over 9/11, but as you posted, you have a right to your beliefs and you also had a right not to be treated as you were for having your belief. Problem with so many now, they forget this is America.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm going to give you a little advice so this won't happen again.

Do talk about the 9/11 conspiracy to a group of strangers in a bar. You already knew what they thought about it from hearing what they were saying, you didn't know how much they had to drink and some people who are drunk don't always appear so.

Sounds like you got yelled at by what I like to call The Intelligant Drunk.

They talk a good game and they sound smart, but once you start challenging what they say they turn into a pit bull.

I don't buy into the whole conspiracy thing either, but I'm a happy drunk. I will listen to you and talk to you about it. There aren't a whole lot of drunks like me though.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Renarism

Thanks and I could have used some support

reply to post by opal13

Well then if that's the case then I suppose I did a good thing because one awakened person turns into 2,3,4 and so on and so on.

reply to post by jd140

Well I know that now and I'm lucky to have not been beaten by those people for my beliefs, I really didn't think that the conversation would have turned out that way

[edit on 21-5-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
people naturally fear change, and people hate looking foolish or being proven wrong. Sometimes their values and beliefs instilled on them from birth blind them to the truth or possible variations on an event.

you where smart in leaving, who knows what may have happened.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I hoenstly think I hurt some of their feelings, especially the marine who has been so indoctrinated and probably has a very healthy amount of patriotism, I was there I felt that once and he probably felt like I was attacking his very beliefs in this country.But the others? I don't know.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
To The OP you have to pick your battles,man and as previously mentioned bars are not the place to attempt to wake the folks up.As for the young marine what do you expect from a brainwashed expendable asset? who may have grown up watching GI Joe,Rambo and all those other shows and movies.

[edit on 123131p://3926 by mike dangerously]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

The military isn't brainwashed.

I don't mind people questioning 9/11, but please refrain from speaking like that about my fellow brother in arms.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It comes down to the old adage never discuss religion or politics in mixed company. You can add conspiracy theories to that list as well. Many people find truth movement folks to be even more annoying then Jehovah’s Witnesses, Scientologists, etc…
I know that they get on my last never with their brainwashed reputation of incorrect “facts”.

Typical conversations with them go like this:
“what happened to the wings?”
“well… this happened to the wings.”
“Yeah… But…But… What happened to the wings?”

I can especially see where soldiers find it annoying, as you are basically accusing them, and/or their brothers in arms, of involvement in either the events or the cover-up.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I was not directly accusing any service members of involvment at least none present. I just think the whole concept was too much for those people to handle and they got upset, I suppose I shouldn't go back there and I probably won't, matter of fact maybe I'll see some of them in a FEMA camp soon.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Sorry you had to deal with this situation. I have had similar, one in particular I'll relate. It's a little comical now.

I'm over at a friends house. His mom is in town so I sit down outside to talk to her. There was a brother there, someone in the armed forces, I'm not exactly sure which one. After just a few minutes I mentioned something about the earths power lines and the dude stormed off yelling how he didn't have to listen to the "expletive deleted". No mention of any wild conspiracy theory or anything like that. Seriously, I couldn't have been there more than ten minutes when this happened. It's hard to piss people off that quickly.

I wonder what would have happened if I had said something along the lines of 9/11, I probably would have gotten beaten. All I know is that dude was seriously pissed off and I barely said anything. I never knew the earths power grid was such a taboo subject.

Needless to say, I don't go out much anymore, much less speak when I am out.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

You don’t have to directly call them that, it’s a brotherhood type of thing.
I am sure that you have been in some organization at some point, which you felt proud of, and you would stick up for them, right?
Same thing here.

As a matter of fact, I find the idea of Truthers believing that our military folks would follow such orders upsetting, and I am not even an military person.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Pathetic, the bartender fired you as a customer, because you spoke your mind.

Agree with us or get out, free speech be dammed.

The ignorance is staggering, these types of Americans have been indoctrinated with patriotism, that causes emotional denial to the point of stupidity.

I would just say hey did you know a third building fell on 9/11, WTC7, since no plane hit it, some think it was demolished with hi tech explosives. Then leave at that. And just say google 9/11 if you want to know more.

And after that no matter what they say don't add anything else. Just say enough, so that it makes them want to check it out.

I think it's emotional overload, think about how we all felt when the light bulb first clicked on for any of us about 9/11 truth. It made me sick, and I was was deeply disturbed for a couple weeks.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Best thing is to say : "9/11 was an inside job, go search for yourself" and point to some site or say "google 9/11 truth" and pretend you don't know much more. The interested ones will search.

The rest leave them alone. There is nothing to be done if they don't get curious and search for themselves.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

I don't get this whole sheeple thing. If they don't think the way you do they are sheeple, right?

What happens if they all think the way you do? Wouldn't that be the same thing?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
These are sad times we live in when one who is expressing their opinion, in a nonthreatening and polite way, is labeled as a terrorist for no other reason than being the only person with such an opinion in the group.

This is America, land of the supposed free. Where you can express your ideas without consequence, or is it?

When did it come to be that the main body of the population does not understand our Constitution and is brain washed by the powers that be into thinking that the government never lies?!

It is the duty of an American Citizen to question our government at every turn, for every action they take.

The people have failed. We are living in an oppressive society! Where political correctness is actually lies and patriots are enemies.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Drunk people say dumb things.

Whatelse would you expect a drunk stranger to do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join