It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: I was called a terrorist, and threatened...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Surely you guys have legal concepts such as 'defamation of character' or 'slanderous allegations' in the US?

You could, if you genuinely have a grievance with such a case (being referred to a terrorist group), take this up via the legal route and see a solicitor. It may sound a little far fetched, but I assure you there will be some suits that would love to take a case like that on.

It could set a precedent given the right circumstances, although, I don't think you're case would qualify, rather, get the ball rolling and people talking.

Freedom of speech should not be terrorised!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Good observation, I think the place in question is just such a place. I have only been in there one other time and it was only for a few minutes I was kinda checking it out. This time I there a bit longer and disaster!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Disgraceful if you ask me. Seemed like a very diligent conversation and I believe you were treated wrongly. Unfortunately, that's the way society is now.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Good idea, but being that I was alone on the receiving end I suppose more then likely the group including the bartender would deny any wrong doing on their behalf.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Apology is Policy

Ya, I was not in any way trying to force any of this on anybody, I just made my belief's known with respect to the context of the conversation, and look what happened.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Due to this mentality in some people I have learned over time to listen to a groups view, then pick the part of thier view closest to some of my view and only comment on those while interjecting just a very small tidbit of my view into the conversation; this seems to work most time and prevents tempers flaring and feelings getting hurt while at the same time I get to make small statements hopefully getting some listeners to think on thier own.

Applaud the attempt to try and get some people to think, but agree with a couple of other posters that a bar setting might have been inappropriate to disclose your entire view. I also apluad you for looking at the situation and realizing that it was not worth the fight, I would bet that you may run into some of those listeners later and they may be willing to talk without others around. I hope this can help you just a little.

The Truth may set you free; but are you willing to pay the possible price for that freedom?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Your experience is a sad commentary on the situation in the United States, but I have to say, at least people didn't drag you outside and lynch you. At least America has progressed enough in the last fifty years or so that things of that nature are not so common anymore. On the other hand I wonder if we will see that sort of thing in the future as a result of talking about what really happened on 9/11.

The mainstream media are accomplices to 9/11. They help the perpetrators conceal their crimes. It's no wonder that the average person in a bar hasn't a clue what really happened.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

Exactly. I tend just to keep my mouth shut most of the time, especially when around alot of people I don't know well, or at all, and keep the chit chat to neutral inane topics.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As sad as I am to admit this, but people like that will never change, unless society does and they predictably follow the status quo wherever it turns.

These people HAVE to believe in the system that surrounds them.
They have too much of their life, and beliefs, invested in it to face the reality that it's all been a sham, or imagine an alternative.

They don't have the intellectual capacity to deal with the possibility that their reality is an illusion. That's why they're reactionary and can't discus a subject that might make them doubt. The equivalent of putting their fingers in their ears.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Seems like you got about all of the 'you shouldn't have done that's' that you could possible need. Honestly, this is the ONLY place I could ever write about what I really think about...I'm sorry you had to go through this uncomfortable situation, glad you got out without personal injury and appreciative of the finger on the pulse of the redneck bar scene and the climate that accompanies blind obediance, shallow beliefs and closed minds. You're a ballsier guy than I am. Thanks man.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why does it seem people with differing views cannot express them and get along? I've noticed since the elections started with the primaries, people really divided. Violent protesters at rallies and vandalism of people's cars for putting whatever party's bumper stickers on them, all sorts of stuff, and it seems the division is becoming deeper and wider. It reall does worry me that so many people these days just fly wild because someone's opinion doesn't match theirs.

Sadly, I'm afraid it is only going to get worse.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I guess its to be expected, as you live in America

Seriously though if you had this conversation in 99% of all bars here in New Zealand you'd have a crowd agreeing with you, but hey we are on the other side of the world from the sphere of ignorance in the States. Of course theres still heaps of people that wouldn't agree, but the vast majority over here, both young and old, knows something dodgy went down in New York that day.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Maybe you were in a bar for the KING'S minions? Apparently the revolution was hatched in brewery pubs, so obviously these people would have called our founding fathers "terrorists" rather than deny their love of the status quo and the state media.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by bubbabuddha]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
First of all, props to you for speaking your mind, regardless of the setting. Forget what anyone else says, there is no wrong place to say what you feel, and speak what you think is truth. That is the grounds this country was founded on, and it is what we are fighting to try and save.

You never know, the person sitting four seats down who was afraid to ask any questions for fear of being ridiculed like you were being may be researching right now, and opening their eyes because of what you said.

I'd be interested to know what type of bar this was. What type of patrons frequent there.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Frankly, it's because that's exactly what "they" want.

There are so many forms of seperation in american society, it's rather disgusting.

You can't like those people, they're "illegal".

Watch out for those people, they may have "swine flu"

Don't interact with that child, son, they're "poor"

It truly is everywhere in this country.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
You never know, the person sitting four seats down who was afraid to ask any questions for fear of being ridiculed like you were being may be researching right now, and opening their eyes because of what you said.

Indeed.

You may have planted the seeds of doubt, set to grow to fruition as the man connects the dots you mentioned. Perhaps he will be the next man to try his hand at convincing the rabble at that bar.

People will listen when they are ready and not a moment before; it's too bad they wouldn't let the subject drop though, shows the maturity level on their part.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
People who watch too much broadcast TV stay in a trance state.

In a trance state everything you are told is TRUE

You might benefit from the writings of Joost Meerloo, a Dutch psychiatrist who was detained by the Nazis, and escaped with the help of the french resistance, then wrote many works on psychology of mass movements, and related topics...

Joost Meerloo's Delusion and Mass Delusion and The Rape of the Mind

Dr Meerloo was ridiculed for writing books on psychology for the lay reader...

[edit on 20-5-2009 by seataka]

[edit on 20-5-2009 by seataka]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Quite a few stars I see.....unfortunately, this post is the exact opposite of the bar you were in. Everyone here blindly accepts what you posted...well, except for me that is.

NORAD stood down...nope, didnt happen that day, doesnt happen ANY day.

Lack of wreckage...again, not true, plenty of wreckage at both Shanksville and the Pentagon. However, people with little to no experience with aircraft accidents continually swallow this falsehood

Jet fighters were ordered hundreds of miles away...again, didnt happen. The fighters assigned to continental air defense were right where they were supposed to be that day. In other words, they were on their strip alerts at their bases...not hundreds of miles away. What you, and appearantly the majority of the "truth" movement cannot accept or understand is that prior to 9/11/01, there were less than 20 aircraft assigned to continental air defense (20 airplanes, 48 contingious states...do the math). The United States does not maintain the rest of the fighters of the Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps in an armed for combat status. Just because websites list "combat-ready" does not mean the planes sit on the flightlines armed to the teeth.

Northwoods, Pearl Harbor...all meaningless distractions, used by certain members of the "truth" movement to make money off of gullible people.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Quite a few stars I see.....unfortunately, this post is the exact opposite of the bar you were in. Everyone here blindly accepts what you posted...well, except for me that is.

Actually, I haven't seen everyone blindly accepting what the OP posted as far as his/hers beliefs as fact; instead we have aplauded the desire to pass on what he/she feels is the truth, understanding when the situation got to bad that it was not worth fighting over and have high hopes that atleast someone from the original conversation would now start thinking and researching for themselves, and hoepefully some of us have given what we feel in our opinion may be advice in such a way the OP may be able to continue passing on thier beliefs but in a manner that might be a little more accepted or at the very least considered without the negative feedback just for stating a personal belief.

I hope that makes some sense. We can all learn from each other, as one persons idea contains some truth, if we all listen to each other we may find one day; that we all now know the whole truth.

[edit on 20/5/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted by Swampfox46_1999

Pounding your personal religious beliefs into our heads again Swampfox?

Might work on those gullible fools in that bar; but you are wasting your time on us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join