It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: I was called a terrorist, and threatened...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e263c71a6eaa.jpg[/pressimg] I was called a terrorist and threatened to have cops called on me for disturbing the peace. So here's the story, a few nights ago I was at a small local bar by myself just hanging out attempting to let go of some stress. The bar contained about 20 other patrons and there was no music playing. There was a small group of people at the actual bar talking about the economy and politics and things of that nature.
I listened but did not comment, until I heard 9/11 come up. I asked the gentleman who was speaking if he had ever heard of the 9/11 truth movement? He said no, I asked him if he wouldn't mind hearing some of my views on the subject, he agreed.

I proceeded to tell him that I believe the tragedy of 9/11 was carried out by the government as a false flag operation. Now there was about 5 other people who had gathered around casually listening at this point, I noted such things as the put options placed on the airlines stock, the possibility of placed demolition charges in the internal steel components of the towers as well as building 7. I also noted operation Northwoods, and Pearl Harbor as other suspected examples of false flag operations.

I then proceeded to state the stand down of NORAD, and the fact that jet fighters were ordered hundreds of miles away on a "training" excersize as well as the lack of wreckage found at the Pentagon and in Shankesville. At this point of course now some of the previously silent observers were now were shaking their heads and making snide comments in my direction which I shrugged off and continued the conversation. The female bartender had then come over and was listening as I spoke, she then suddenly told me that the event was broadcast on CNN, FOX and all of the other major news outlets and that the 9/11 commission had investigated.

I then stated my belief that the credibility of the mainstream media has long been in question and I asked her why she believes everything she sees on T.V? She told me that the news wouldn't lie and that the people who investigated 9/11 wouldn't either.
Now by this time I could feel that the conversation was becoming heated, also joining was a young active duty marine (he stated this) and I could tell by the look on his face that he was upset, he then called me a communist and "how dare I go telling lies about the United States government" I explained to him that I'm a veteran and that I respect him for the service he provides, and that I was not mocking his or any other service members belief's.

Sensing that by now the young marine either wanted to fight me or cry, I offered to change the subject, some walked away and the female bartender came back over and asked me "what terrorist organization" I belonged too? and why was I trying to disturb the peace of the bar by telling lies? I then told her that my intention was not as such, but rather to express my views peacefully. At one point somebody asked me "if I was off my meds"? I then suggested again that we change the subject because I could tell that people were getting upset and that was not my intention, obviously I was alone in my belief's as well as out numbered in the situation so I moved a few seats down and attempted to let the tempers die down, despite a slew of comments thrown my way.

I then attempted to order another drink, but was told by the same female bartender "no we don't serve terrorists here" "and as a matter of fact you can leave, and if you don't I'm calling the cops" I asked her what crime had I committed? she said "disturbing the peace" "leave now" So I did followed by verbal threats of violence and name calling at my back. Needless to say I won't be returning to that establishment ever again. So that's the story in a "nutshell" and I'm very disappointed to have gone through that, I'm even more disappointed that people have such a trust for what comes out of the mouth's of reporters. I thought people were smarter then this I suppose I've given too much credit where credit is not due.

It should be noted that at no time did I ever engage in any type of threatening behavior or comments that would have given anybody any reason to call me a terrorist, I was polite and respectful at all times during this debate, too bad I didn't receive the same in return.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Its strange times we live in. Some people think that the gov and PTB are out of control psychopaths and the other side thinks TPTB can do no wrong.

+30 more 
posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the accusation of being a terrorist and the potential of being arrested for even alleged terroristic threats, is a growing and very real concern.
Witch trials, anyone?

Even the mere mention (without proof) is enough to land you in hot water.
It also seems the more educated and intelligent you are, the more likely you are to be labeled as such.
This constitutes an escalating probability, that people, as a whole, are becoming so informationaly diluted, that even the most sound theories are being looked upon no different than witchcraft.
the reality of it is, the more awakened you are, the more asleep you must pretend to be, until such time as those around you are ready to hear what you have to say, as well as have their own preconceived notions of reality questioned.
One's mind must be opened to grow, and unfortunately, we in the USA live in a society of conformity, and selfishness.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicy animals and you know it!"

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

It's a shame because some people refuse to accept anything other then what their feed by TPTB, I believe they feel comfortable in the reality that television created for them, good thing I didn't try to attack American Idol

+18 more 
posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Bars are not places of knowledge, character, and learning. But you knew that.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Bars are not places of knowledge, character, and learning. But you knew that.

I have to agree with the above comment. Kudos to the OP for trying to get the word out, but a place where people go to drink their problems away isn't the place for waking people up to the truth. But at least you learned a valuable lesson and won't be doing that again!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Have you ever watched the movie Idiocracy? Here is the trailer from Utube www.youtube.com...

Your bar story sounds like it was written as part of this script

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Hazelnut]

+27 more 
posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
That situation you experienced is why this country is F@#ked. Those patrons and bartender represent the rest of the brainwashed 90% of the population.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I know, I know, what was I thinking right? I suppose if I want to join the "crowd" I need only ask about the last episode of lost or John and Kate plus 8

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
well i'd love to just chalk it all up to stupidity and it might even be that. but probably you were in a place where most of those people knew each other and were just yakkin on about whatever. your views wouldn't have been accepted if you were agreeing with what they were saying. they would've jsut changed stances.

but even still, you can't change peoples minds with logic and common sense. you have to respect the herd mentality.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
I was at a small local bar...

Where is this bar?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I honestly did not think that the conversation would result in me being called a terrorist, I thought people (even bar patrons) would be open for conversation and your right I won't be doing that again.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

That's ridiculous.

You should send your account of events to your local news station and newspapers. It is a good example of what scaremongering an propaganda can do to people.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Seems funny thanks for the link, I had not seen this. I just believe that people are capable of abstract thought, now weather or not they choose to do so is the question.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I could tell by the look on his face that he was upset, he then called me a communist and "how dare I go telling lies about the United States government"

That's why it's called "infantile trust !"

There's nothing rational about it, most everybody has it ( takes a lot of hard work and brutal self-honesty to get past it ) , and that's why propaganda works.

Sad but true - and a very good post ( glad you made it out of that place in good enough shape to still write ! ) ...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You forgot the first rule: People are stupid.

Perhaps not individually, but it increases exponentially with the size of the group.

If it were me, since threats were issues, I'd have called the police and pressed charges of assault and terroristic threats against them.

Oh, and second rule: Never go to redneck bars.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

You're right but I think I'd end up in some secret jail for sure if I did that. I wonder if I inadvertently hurt some of their feelings or maybe damaged some pride?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I've been called a terrorist before, and threatened. It doesn't and never will change my resolve. 9/11 was an inside job and not a single soul on this Earth will make me say otherwise. 9/11 will still be an inside job when I breathe my last breath.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Thanks, I thought for sure at least a few people would follow me out into the parking lot looking to exact some physical punishment for the "horrible crimes" I supposedly committed
Glad I was not hurt.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Ya I'm with ya on that I just wish more people would open their eyes and see what's really going on in this world right now, it saddens me to loose faith in people but what am I to do this is a perfect example of the mental conditioning affecting the American people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join