It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proper Thread and Posting Format

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ahhh, what is it about a well written, properly constructed post that makes it more palpable? Sadly, we cannot all be writers and/or English majors. I am guilty of judging on this basis as well. I find myself rolling my eyes at spelling errors, sometimes losing track of the context if it's poorly written. Unfortunately, it's true and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this. What bugs me is that some of the most genuine accounts may be posted by someone who is less educated, or perhaps just a poor speller... but it's a turn off. On the other hand, some of the most eloquent writers here may also be completely full of BS and we still prefer those posts because they are more pleasant to read. Oh, the sad reality. We're all flawed!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
Ahhh, what is it about a well written, properly constructed post that makes it more palpable?

First and foremost, paragraphs

Sorry, i had to get that one in there, no offence

God, I'm turning into a snob

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'd like to say please post links to your sources. It really bothers me when i'm reading a post and someone copies and pastes information, or a quote, but provides no link to the source. I can give no credibility to what someone has posted if i can not verify their source.

If you're a new member and are unsure of how to do something, ask another member or a Mod. There are a lot of members here that are more than willing to help you out. Everything that i can now do, post links, embedd youtube videos, external quotes, seperate my paragraphs
is all due to the fact of other members taking the time to help me out

new topics

<< 1   >>

join