It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO subjects in today's rap music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hey everyone

I would like to discuss how the NWO subject has made its way into nowadays music. Beeing a big fan of hiphop myself, and seeing as there are alot of people interested in the NWO/Illuminati subject, I would like to point you all to one of my favorite rappers, Prodigy from Mobb Deep.

As of the past years, Prodigy has mentioned, and made alot of songs that deal with this subject.

Here are some songs where he adresses the Illuminati/NWO. For those that can't listen to hiphop and thus wont view the video's in their total,
I posted parts of his lyrics below the video's, with a time if you want to look it up

Real Power is people:

From Real Power is People, 1:44 into the video

I'll tell you a little secret
It's secret government that worship a owl
They practice witchcraft to harness their power
Pedophile rape lil kids for energy
The Satanic rituals; W.T.C. (R.I.P.)
They let the Pentagon on fire
That's lightening a pentagram on fire
All these bodies for what?
So you could scare everybody into one world huh?

His talks about Illuminati go back to about his early career

The war is on:

From The war is on, 2:30 into the video

time for revolutionary acts
Yo, Hav you shift the tracks, i'll find the facts
now we got illuminati all on our backs
check and see if we do crimes or pay tax
the war is on, no time to lax
build an arsenal, got word back fom apostle
unoriginal man got plans colossal
undelay, nigga get ya # straight
# a pearly white gate, all that bull# is fake
the only gates i'll see if they send nigga upstate
never that, I'm here to show the world where my head's at
forever fed, til the Aryans on they death bed
a rebel, I wear the universal flag symbol
the positive and negative war will soon kindle
buckin' at the government like Terminator 2

Who shot ya:

From "Who Shot ya", 1:05 into the video

Illuminati want my mind soul and body,
secret society, trying to keep they eye on me

Illuminati:

From Illuminati, 1:50 in the video

'Til I had a total recall, forgot what I've already knew
It took me 33 years for me to see the truth
Ever so clear I was too young
I couldn't articulate myself the right way son
But now let me break it down, pass it all around
This is not a theory, the conspiracy is real
They wanna put me in a straightjacket in a padded room
And tell the world there's 12 monkeys so they can be confused

Small interview with Prodigy on Politics, true talk in my opinion:

Interview with Prodigy on Hot97:

Prodigy is currently locked up serving a 3 and a half year bid for illigal gun possesion.

Anyhow, how do you feel about this all? NWO subjects in music. Is it good? Do you think it will help to waken people up?

I notice alot of fans of Prodigy picked up on this and made them aware. And, wheter or not you believe the NWO threat is real, you can't ignore the fact he does make some very good points, especially considering the issues he talks about in the interview.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Modern musicians from Beethoven during the hight of Rennaisance to Arlo and Woody Guthrie to the Rock n Roll and Heavy Metal Bands of the 60's and 70's have all looked at the injustices in the world, asked themselves why and sang about them or wrote songs to them.

Music is an other form of communication, even in songs with no vocals and lyrics, chords, notes, rhythems, keys, scales and progressions all convey powerful messages of mood and inner reflective thought that vibrate and ressonate within people and cause them to think.

There are few if any businesses harder to claw your way up and off the street with than music. Musicians because of their universal art and how it can effect those from the poorest of the poor, to the richest of the rich and everyone in between often find all those very different people engaging musicians in spoken verbal conversations after the musician's music has first spoken to their soul.

Music in many ways is all about soul, and some might say soul is all about conscience. Sometimes the soul of music speaks to our "better angels" sometimes it speaks to our "demons".

I am an old Rock N Roller from way back, I live in Miami the hip hop capitol and there have been quite a few young and eager smart young men I have known who produce, promote and perform hip hop music that I have discussed the politics of the New World Order with. They are typically eager to listen and learn, and like most people when they feel they have learned something important they are typically then eager to share and teach and help others learn.

I must say though I like discussing politics and the New World Order in the quiet comfort of my own home...something about killing the messenger that bears bad news!

Good luck guys!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Interesting topic! Have you listened to Tech N9ne?

He's got a song on his most recent Killer album about religion, how he wants to keep his guns, and how "end times" and what not, worst case scenario is that there is no "higher power" and man (or as i interperet it, TPTB) has done it all, and he's got no religion, no faith, he's got to protect his family with ammunition.

"Hope for a Higher Power" I'm not gonna quote it because it's pretty long, but that's the name of the song if you want to check it out.

It's not blatantly NWO or anything, but I pull subtle references from it.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well being a recording rap artist myself, I find myself constantly in talks with other artists discussing the Illuminati and Freemasonry. It is an interesting subject for many reasons and has alot of reasons why there are so many songs about it:

1. Not alot of people know about the Illuminati and people need to spread the word about these people.
2. Not all rappers talk about bling bling and smacking up bitches.
3. Researching more deeply into the subject gains more knowledge.
4. Rap originated from the Bronx (or so it's claimed) which was relativley poor. Rapping about being kept in poor areas are not common by a long shot, so to have rich folk running the world? this get's everybody involved.

Also rap having an underground audience can also help. As you wouldn't hear Girls Aloud singing about how freemasonry is ******* the world up.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Immortal Technique - Peruvian Cocaine, talking about the CIA running drugs, which is now common knowledge.

Immortal Technique - Bin Laden, Bin laden didn't blow up the projects, it was you.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC

Also rap having an underground audience can also help. As you wouldn't hear Girls Aloud singing about how freemasonry is ******* the world up.

Good points. This is especially true for all genres though. You have your popular artists making their fluff songs, but even within rock music and such, there are artists that aren't so huge that will reference the NWO. Conor Oberst, Muse for examples. Well, I think Muse is pretty big now, but when I got into them they were unheard of...haha they might just not care.

And I wish you luck with your music also!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Good thread! I enjoyed those videos. I was very much into hip hop during my youth and Mobb Deep were one of my favorite artists.

I actually had no idea that Prodigy was so interested in polititics, illuminati and the NWO.

It's nice to see the hip hop is becoming reacquainted with it's roots. It was born in the streets, and it was music made by the people for the people.

Then the along came the record companies and the big corporations. They realized it was becoming popular so they hijacked the music which was then exploited for profit. Which nearly destroyed the music and gave birth to corporate monstrosity we see on TV and hear on the radio today.

Keep speaking the truth P!

PS

S&F!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by kommunist]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
In fact theres a a newly launched online radio station devoted to nothing but conspiracy rap, conscious and spiritual lyrics, space and cosmic enigmas, and political statements in the form of music and rap.
www.5thshiftradio.com...

The station plays an eclectic mix of noted award winning artists as well as talented yet relatively unheard of artists in the underground culture.
Some of the statements and revelations of these artists are quite profound at times. And the music is from every part of the world.
One minute a Christian rap song may be playing followed by an Islamic rap song about the attrocities being commited by the Zionist in Palestine., the a Golbal Revolution song follows that.

It seems that the mainstream media will not play these songs as if we didnt already know why and this is the only station of its kind on air. Rumor has it they will be on the FM airwaves soon so lets hope so.
People are tired of programming the industry is trying to force feed down Americas youth.
Life DOES NOT consist of big rims, whoreish women, jewelry, guns and large stacks of money.
These are the images the industry wants to be seen while this new station is blindsiding them with how the yourth actually see things.

Great post, starred and flagged

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Modern musicians from Beethoven during the hight of Rennaisance to Arlo and Woody Guthrie to the Rock n Roll and Heavy Metal Bands of the 60's and 70's have all looked at the injustices in the world, asked themselves why and sang about them or wrote songs to them.

Music is an other form of communication, even in songs with no vocals and lyrics, chords, notes, rhythems, keys, scales and progressions all convey powerful messages of mood and inner reflective thought that vibrate and ressonate within people and cause them to think.

There are few if any businesses harder to claw your way up and off the street with than music. Musicians because of their universal art and how it can effect those from the poorest of the poor, to the richest of the rich and everyone in between often find all those very different people engaging musicians in spoken verbal conversations after the musician's music has first spoken to their soul.

Music in many ways is all about soul, and some might say soul is all about conscience. Sometimes the soul of music speaks to our "better angels" sometimes it speaks to our "demons".

I am an old Rock N Roller from way back, I live in Miami the hip hop capitol and there have been quite a few young and eager smart young men I have known who produce, promote and perform hip hop music that I have discussed the politics of the New World Order with. They are typically eager to listen and learn, and like most people when they feel they have learned something important they are typically then eager to share and teach and help others learn.

I must say though I like discussing politics and the New World Order in the quiet comfort of my own home...something about killing the messenger that bears bad news!

Good luck guys!

Very True. Except that Miami is far from the hiphop capitol. I would associate more Rap than hiphop with Miami but same point.

As long as people want to buy your music over and over again, corporate heads will let you speak how you want and say what you want in your music.

And with underground music and unsigned artists, they have nobody to answer to so they can say whatever the hell they want, which I love.

They try to suppress this a little by going to a pop driven single format that speaks of familiar topics that way they can control what an artist is saying kind of, or at least they can control the song that most people will hear.

Not raggin on Miami either but I still think New York is more of a hiphop capitol than Miami......

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Prince Ea is on a whole other level, all his stuff is enlightened, and he's unsigned.

Then you got non-phixion, very aware, gotta love their stuff.

Theres a whole genre, refered to as Conscious Hip Hop. You got loads and loads.

Here is a few examples.

Heiroglyphyics
Jedi Mind Tricks
Krs-one
Immortal Technique
Mos Def
Army of the Pharoahs
Psycho Realm

and thats a tiny tiny segment. The great thing about this genre is it is lyrical and well written. None of that mainstream crap. The roots of hip hop.

love and peace

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The problem with most intelligent or meaningful music is that it is usually considered or is in fact underground, once it begins to gain a larger audience it is picked up by the corporate suits and re-engineered. As someone mentioned earlier.

It is almost paradoxical in its effect to have its meaning make any serious ground or to open eyes. Another problem is that it is generally lost on the younger generation, who likely view it as "cool" because it is underground versus the actual meaning and this is what brings it "above ground"

I can appreciate the message in the artists listed in this thread, but I find it difficult to tolerate this genre of music. Just my own taste, no offence to any anyone.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Interesting thread!

Have you heard Nas' CD called Nig*er? It's totally about NWo conspiracies, aliens, and how the MSN is a lie...

His alien song is called "We are not alone"

He has a song about:

why FOX news uses the 'fox' as its logo

about William Cooper's " Behold a Pale White Horse

who shot JFK

and why most rappers and Hip Hop artis are pressured by music moguls ( TPTB) to only create explicit, full of profanity, degrading women, bling bling and how high they can get music.....

and one night I was listening to Marvin Gaye's "Mercy, Mercy Me" and he says, " Where have all the blue skies gone"...later found out that he was speaking of chemtrails ....

and to many people's surprise Young Jeezy raps about the secret government, Bush, and welfare in "Crazy World"

I agree that the raps should get off the same ole' bogus negative subliminal messages and get on some real s***

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Very True. Except that Miami is far from the hiphop capitol. I would associate more Rap than hiphop with Miami but same point.

In my day Los Angeles was the music capital and that’s where I lived back in my day. I am a Rocker though and still have my long hair pushing 50. I know the hip hop industry has it’s conventions in South Beach, and I know almost any night of the week in South Beach you can see customized Escalades all tricked out by some hip hop or rap band pushing their CD’s, and that most of the Clubs are hip hop oriented and much of the culture and the city has launched a few big Hip Hop Acts. Of course like I said I am old, I remember Grand Master Flash out of New York City and I consider them to be the God Fathers of much of it. They used to spend a lot of time out in L.A. when I lived there and I bumped into them frequently. Then I think you have to consider Run DMC as probably really getting the whole craze commercial? That was L.A., I still think L.A. is the place but wow Miami sure does have the weather and the beautiful women…

As long as people want to buy your music over and over again, corporate heads will let you speak how you want and say what you want in your music.

I honestly believe the Illuminati New World Order actually wants them to say those things and they do want that message resonating in people. The New World Order in my humble opinion is all about divide and conquer warfare. As someone who dislikes the New World Order you are bound to spend more time fighting and debating people who don’t believe it exists than you are the actual New World Order itself.

I think the New World Order clique would like people to be vaguely and generally aware of their existence so come the day they do come out of the shadows to attempt to officially take over, people will have some basic notion of who they are, their power, and who they are submitting to and why.

The New World Order basically has to do very little to deny its existence because most average people will deny their existence for them.

And with underground music and unsigned artists, they have nobody to answer to so they can say whatever the hell they want, which I love.

I love it too but what the New World Order is great at is capitalizing monetarily off of cultural movements that get started. In many ways they are able to anticipate the cultural movements and who will be involved in them and what they are about, because those cultural movements and the people swept up to them are often in fact reactionary ones to something the New World Order has already done. Their attitude seems to be, well we know they are going to do this and we know it’s going to grow so lets control it by selling the T-shirts, magazines, CD’s and Videos that are going to be desirable to that cultural movement and the people who identify with it. In reality they have more or less chased people there to begin with, so they know more or less where it’s heading even before it’s started heading there and that gives them plenty of time to get to the destination before hand and set up Neon Signs and have products for them on display. These are the sharp tacks on the board!

They try to suppress this a little by going to a pop driven single format that speaks of familiar topics that way they can control what an artist is saying kind of, or at least they can control the song that most people will hear.

Commerce is what changes most artists products. Both the Scorpions and Metallica started off as avant gaurde speed metal bands but changed their formats to dinosaur rock metal to appeal to a broader audience, it’s all about making your product as desirable to the widest group of people as possible. The Rolling Stones would be happy to play you Rock, Metal, Country, Disco or Reggae Songs if you have 87.50 for a ticket to see them and hear them play it.

Not raggin on Miami either but I still think New York is more of a hiphop capitol than Miami......

You might be right, not my cup of tea, but I do non-music related business with a lot of people in the hip hop community and culture. After all money is money!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry I haven't replied to this thread untill now. I posted this thread right before heading off to bed, and ahve been caught up in a busy few days.

First off, thanks for all the contributions! It's great to hear everyone's view on it. And thanks for the pointers to other artists who also have songs about this subject (or related
)

I love music, and I think it's great there are artists out there who have the guts to talk about this subject. Not neccesarily because it would be "dangerous"for them, but because alot of people might frown at the subject, and wave them off as crazy. So big up to all the artists for that!

I had no idea there was a full fledged radio station devoted to this though, I will most certainly look it up!

I hope these artists will keep doing what they do, and also keep spreading these messages through interviews as well besides their songs. They are public people, and have the option to reach a wide range of people with their messages.

As a producer of hihop music myself (producer/beat-maker (though i hate that term)) I sadly havent had the opportunity to work with an artists who tangles with these subjects yet, here's hoping though
It would get my full support!

If you have more songs or artists to share, please do! I would love to hear more

In the meantime, here is a song from 40 Glocc, not the greatest MC if you ask me, but this is a pretty good song, with good lyrics

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Tunedbeats]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Tech n9nes the #. I saw him with Hed Pe (musical leaders of the Truth movement). Suprised no ones mentioned HED's new album New World Orphans.

new topics

top topics

join