It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, are the Bees back? Bee Watch Thread.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I too saw a lot of bees in my garden yesterday , and they are there today . Big ones too . I was wondering , before I saw this thread , If the lost bees were beginning to migrate too and populate my garden . I'm exaggerating , but that kind of sentiment.

Same kind of bees as in Asala's pics.

I am in London UK

Edit to add location.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Drexl]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This year I've seen 30k+ bees in my yard and garden. They make my flowers so happy.

Then again, I live at an apiary in NW Arkansas. I'm proud to report that we lost two hives last year, but the others swarmed four times so we ended with a net gain of two full hives. Disappearing bee's my arse.
They've swarmed twice again already, and all seem to be out in full force. My personal belief is that the "colony collapse disorder" or whatever they call it is due to mass factory farm pesticide spraying.

(First time poster, three year lurker. Nice to meet everybody!)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yay for the bees, good times!

I'm a beekeeper, got 14 lovely hives.
This month we've had loads of new swarms just itching to be given a home, upped our total by 5 in one week alone!
I think here in the UK midlands we've been pretty lucky, haven't heard may local stories of bees dying out. Only lost one colony over the winter, but they had an old queen, so didn't surprise us much.

It's so good to hear that the little gals are back on the up. I shall be watching this thread closely! Thanks a lot!

S&F

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i live in the north york moors in north east england, all countryside around me only spotted one wasp no bees here at moment

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

thats not a surprise i am not far south of you and i have only seen the ones stated in my first post. so thats about 5 bees
but no wasps yet, wait till the summer trying to eat outside thats when you will see them greedy beasts

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nice pics there Asala, glad to know that London is still buzzing.

Plenty of bees here in France at the moment and they're as busy as ever. It seems like it's going to bee a better year for them...my cherry tree is bursting with cherries.

Cheers to the bees. Let's hope the plums do well too, haven't had a good year for them in ages.

I was just reading this article: Pesticides indicted in bee deaths...interesting stuff.

May 18, 2009 | Gene Brandi will always rue the summer of 2007. That's when the California beekeeper rented half his honeybees, or 1,000 hives, to a watermelon farmer in the San Joaquin Valley at pollination time. The following winter, 50 percent of Brandi's bees were dead. "They pretty much disappeared," says Brandi, who's been keeping bees for 35 years.

Since the advent in 2006 of colony collapse disorder, the mysterious ailment that continues to decimate hives across the country, Brandi has grown accustomed to seeing up to 40 percent of his bees vanish each year, simply leave the hive in search of food and never come back. But this was different. Instead of losing bees from all his colonies, Brandi watched the ones that skipped watermelon duty continue to thrive.

Brandi discovered the watermelon farmer had irrigated his plants with imidacloprid, the world's best-selling insecticide created by Bayer CropScience Inc., one of the world's leading producers of pesticides and genetically modified vegetable seeds, with annual sales of $8.6 billion. Blended with water and applied to the soil, imidacloprid creates a moist mixture the bees likely drank from on a hot day.

I hate Bayer

I love bees

Cheers..nerb

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Good call Nerbot
Bayer can go suck my pole. I'd always though that indiscriminate use of pesticides was one of the main contibutors. Luckily we keep our bees mostly around organic farms, so it's none too bad here.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
reply to post by deathpoet69

thats not a surprise i am not far south of you and i have only seen the ones stated in my first post. so thats about 5 bees
but no wasps yet, wait till the summer trying to eat outside thats when you will see them greedy beasts

lets hope we se them about because i do miss them

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
indeed. they are amazing things to watch in the garden.

2nd lines right here folks

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Just one i have noticed last week here where i live. But what a buzzing noise it

made!
I should go to a country side to our cottage maybe there would be

more of these little buzzers!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by pets_step]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's nice to see that there are others that enjoy bee watching as much as I do.
Interesting thing about bees, I have heard that if a bee gets hurt, it does not heal, they apparently don't have that ability.
Almost like they are designed to carry out a duty until they can't anymore.

Sorry, I can't find a link to prove it.

On another note, I have been taking bee pollen tablets lately.
Read about it here:www.vitaminstuff.com...

And I also think raisin bread with cinnamon and honey on it (and butter of course) is mouth wateringly delicious!

Yeah, I like bees and the things they do for us.

Bees are the bees knees!
Please, more bees!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's hard to find information on this subject. If true this article would suggest that the problem hasn't resolved itself and we are still in crisis mode. Would be nice if others would post information confirming or contradicting this. www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack
West coast of US here.
I have still seen large ammounts of dead bees ever since this thing started. I do not think that we would be "dead" without them i really think that everyone would be okay. But i would hate to see them go.

To give you an outside indication of just how large this problem is, re your bee population and for pollination of crops, it is the case that at present Australian bee supplies are stretched, in the resupply of your diminishing bee population, and I further add, that even our honey production here is down, dramatically,
The presents of bees, and health of the bees is a main indicator of the health of the planet, and while it may be unknown to many, its my understanding that the demise, is interlocked with primordial magnetic s, being the change in specific gravity, and or a weakening in the field of shields, of or ionosphere, and has a correlation to ultraviolet light, the bee being one, if not the most sensitive insect upon the planet, but I add, that Science, have as yet to discover the correlation, as its not something you can feel or, just stumble upon, you have to be looking in the right direction, and that the dynamics of the shape of the honey comb, is that of the magnetic resonance of the carborundum or Sapphire crystallography, alter the magnetic s, it will cause deterioration of the hive , but then your reading this data, that only I have researched, but pass it on to those who are lost, as to the reason for the demise of hives and the bees PEACE Nature Philosopher researcher Quantum Atomic optics and crystallography

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join