It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich: CIA comment 'disqualifies' Nancy Pelosi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Newt Gingrich: CIA comment 'disqualifies' Nancy Pelosi

www.politico.com

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said on Monday that Nancy Pelosi’s claim that she was “misled” by the CIA “disqualifies” the California Democrat from continuing as speaker.

“To have the person third in line to be president say that the CIA misleads us all the time is so utterly irresponsible and such an attack on the men and women who are risking their lives ... that she disqualifies herself for being speaker of the House,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fancy Nancy!
CIA director says Pelosi received the truth

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Looks like Nancy is getting in over her head on this one. Now to put this in perspective, Newt not only has the worlds weirdest name, but he is also a republican asking a democrat to resign, so maybe this isn't as big as it looks. But where there is smoke their is fire, and Nancy might be forced to resign to avoid negative publicity for the Democrat party.

Newt will be on the Sean Hannity show tonight to elaborate on this.
-E-

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

But would she? I don't see her letting go of her power so easily.
I would bet that if she has dirt on others in Washington then she would do everything she can to hold on.

Maybe she will start doing just that then we can see what's truly behind the curtain in D.C.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think she is such a vindictative person that she would take many down with her before she resigns. Kinda of funny how the Dems were putting so much pressure about going after the Bush administration but now find themselves in the same boat.

Sink or swim time for Pelosi.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I think she is such a vindictative person that she would take many down with her before she resigns. Kinda of funny how the Dems were putting so much pressure about going after the Bush administration but now find themselves in the same boat.

Sink or swim time for Pelosi.

That would be awesome, I hope she does take the deserving of a take down with her.

[edit on 043131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

Ex

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The whole Pelosi affair is such a dog and pony show!

It really IS the republican party trying to shift the light off
of themselves and their responsibilty in the abuse of prisoners!

I am so uttertly sure Bush & Cheney consulted
with Pelosi and asked her opinion on
Waterboarding and enhanced interrogation

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Of course if she treatens the PTB too much then she will have a heart attack or start talking gibberish like the MSNBC finance guy.

Of course they could assasinate her and then blame the right wing terrorists that HLS is talking about.

edited about 10 seconds after posting because I realized I think faster than I type. Way too may mistakes

[edit on 20-5-2009 by exile1981]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
reply to post by MysterE

But would she? I don't see her letting go of her power so easily.
I would bet that if she has dirt on others in Washington then she would do everything she can to hold on.

Maybe she will start doing just that then we can see what's truly behind the curtain in D.C.

I have no doubt in my mind that she will not go without a fight. I hope she takes down everyone who had anything to do with this whole torture scandal also. Remove them ALL!

-E-

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Mike Huckabee calls for her resignation via poem! Its pretty funny, see my thread on it here Fancy Nancy

-E-

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Elections are on the Horizon, and if she's still in there, I swear heads are going to roll!

Who's up against her in 10'?

Ex

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I would also like to add that the
CIA is untruthful & not above reproach by factual record:

Ex-CIA director Tenet admits lies told on war
HERE

CIA lies exposed in Libya arms case
HERE

CIA Lies Again ,Rep. David Obey
HERE

THE CIA LIE TO CONGRESS? IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE
HERE

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Ex]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
She will not go without a fight. In her mind, she's perfect and has make no mistakes, nor has she never misspoken (and if she has it was someone else's fault). Most people who can't take any responsibility tend to blame others. Regardless of what the CIA did say or did not say is irrelevant, she should just keep her mouth shut - either that or start using Obama's teleprompter - nah, someone would get blamed for typing something incorrectly, leading her to misspeak. Oy.

Ex

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Three new errors appeared to emerge in the CIA's matrix
of 40 congressional briefings on so-called enhanced interrogation
techniques.
Those techniques include waterboarding,
a form of simulated drowning, which President Obama has called torture.

FOX NEWS

Surprise-- Surprise

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Good lord! What does the I in CIA stand for? This whole thing is a mess. The only thing funnier then Nancy going down in a blaze of shame would be if it turned out the CIA was full of it, and the Republicans got caught with a foot in their mouth.

-E-

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
pelosi is the prime example of why i will never support any democrat.

my god people how did that woman ever get elected in the first place.

my take is the way you can tell if a polictian is lying is if their lips move.

fits pelosi to a t.

if you wacthed that press conference and then agian today. she stands by her comments.

pelosi is the biggest joke next to biden.

i will never support any democrat EVER.

3 reasons why.

they dont think very highly of our armed forces,our intelligence community, or national security.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by neo67]

Ex

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neo67

3 reasons why.

they dont think very highly of our armed forces,our intelligence community, or national security.
__________________________--

So, follow blindly, accept all that they tell me,
and defend them,no matter what!

Geeeeeeeezzzzz........do I have to do the Hitler wave in there also!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

But this isn't your average Republican demanding that a Democrat resign; Newt is a former Speaker Of The House himself. He has held the position and is extremely well-versed in the duties and responsibilities involved, including having the guts to fess-up when you F-up.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Newt Gingrich--the same newt Gingrich who resigned as House Speaker himself after racking up literally dozens of ethics investigations, after election losses to his majority, and after his policies had imploded, leading most importantly to a rebellion among the house GOP?

THAT Newt Gingrich???

If so, what nerve to pontificate over stating the obvious truth that the CIA lies. That is their main job. Hypocrite.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by gottago]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I can not stand Pelosi, I wonder sometimes if we are ever to have any good politicians again.

Because so far all of them are nothing but corrupted and dirty and Pelosi is nothing but fake, she thinks she is a movie star.

new topics

top topics

join