It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCUBA diving!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I couldn't find a SCUBA thread, so here it is. Who here is certified?! I'm working on my PADI Open Water certification right now. It's a little awful, all the "don't hold your breath or your lungs will pop" and the "your teeth might get air bubbles" and things. My first dive is in a week and a half. But I'm very excited and was wondering how many ATS divers there are out there.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I tried to get my certification, but I have a deep phobia of deep water, and ended up panicking before even getting in the water.

I'm a strong swimmer, a surfer, and love snorkeling springs, but just the thought of jumping in the ocean spooks me.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Good for you.
More people should do it. It's cheaper than drinking at the bar and more exciting than watching TV. On top of all that, it's healthy.
I got certified back in 1986 at a peacekeeping base on the Red Sea near Sharm El Sheik. Dove in that area for 6 months. Did some dives off the coast of Thailand, the Arabian Sea and in the Gulf of Mexico. Haven't been diving lately as work has kept me busy but I'm looking forward to getting back in the water one of these days.
It's worth all of the time and effort. Once you get used to it, the hazards won't seem so bad. It becomes second nature after you've been on a few dives.
Have fun.

new topics

join