It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Confirmation of Alien Life Disprove God and Religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Yes it also depends greatly on a persons view of god while the christian and the Qur'an's god are pretty clear. The Jews Buddhist and scientologists have a more open view of what god could be and for Buddhists, Hindus and scientologists the concept of god is not really importiant to the idea of the religion its self.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
When we do find life exists outside of the Milky Way we may all be surprised to find we are the more intelligent race. The Creator created all, includes life in other galaxies.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
no .. crazy people always think they are right ... they will invent some excuse

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I dont think it would matter really....There will be those that will think they are gods.....those that deny it...those who just think they are fallen angels....but I however will still believe in a creator force...Even if these ETS are benevolent or malevolent...Id meet either one

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
It may also depend on the circumstance of how an alien presence would present itself. Should they profess to being the all but saviors of mankind with marvelous technology, and cures for what ails us and fundamental changes in society and thinking, best believe that religious groups will fight tooth and nail.

Should they seek to enlighten us by showing us examples of the error of our ways, there will also be resistance. Every religion out there cries out that they are the only true way and that everything else is wrong.
Point made.
It will be the undoing of religion should the people be aware or awake enough to realize the foible of blind, unquestioned obedience.
That is of course assuming that aliens would be benevolent.

You cannot answer a question.

Then complain that a question isn't valid:

Yes, something more and more common, these days.
The evidence not withstanding, the more people that become ignorant to the knowledge that there are religious out there, the more inclined they are to embrace them once rediscovered.

You cannot have it both ways!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There is no such thing as god, it's simply a made up imagination of what can't be explained.

God made everything, therefor what is man made?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Aliens could be considered a form of angel/messenger. When the Bible says "Let us create them in our image," he was talking to the angel/aliens. Then the question is did they mutate since that time. So I don't see a problem with the idea that can't be explained away.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Aliens do exist the reason why I say that it is because the complexity of our DNA. Every "EARTH HUMAN" (TERRANS) possses a 12 strand DNA from birth due to external factors our species have been genetically tampered with, by 22 different alien races. Thats how we ended up with a 12 strand DNA and its 125 billion miles long. There is aproximatly 30000-40000 DNA that which we terrans posses are literrally found in almost all plants, trees, animals, and insects.

I would personally say that religion is literrally is useless because it out lived its purpose 400 years ago. At one point it did help us evolve on a conciouse, psychological, and emotional level. Now that people took religion very seriously, and literrally moved away from true knowledge, its holding us humans back to the next stage of evolution psychological, spiritual, and its making it very hard to regain our orginal human essence.

Religion has nothing to do with spirituality or GOD according to religion there is a GOD who loves you then wants to burn you for eternety because you made a mistake of some sort (ILLOGICAL AND DYSFUNCTIONAL AND CLEARLY MAN MADE). I personally think of religion in the same line of politics.

If you personally believe there isn't a GOD you are absolutly wrong. The reason I say that is because you are god,spirit you name it thats you...you create your reality you created DNA and physicality. The one who created the spirit is god to be more specific the one who gave BIRTH to spirit is the Goddess.

We have been conditioned to believe that our senses perceive outer reality, but truly they reflect in inner reality. Our perception of the physical world is simply a projection in dimension

References:
Alex Collier
David Icke
William Bramly
Dr. Carl Gustave Jung

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
No, of course not!! Why do people think, as a rule,belief in ET's makes it impossible to believe in God, or vice versa?

It doesnt disprove anything. Maybe it actually PROVES more than it disproves? Maybe were wrong, and they arent aliens but they really are Jinn, or angels, or spirits, or demons, or gods etc? We don't know, because we are no more advanced today than we ever were.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Book of Genesis: Chapter 1 King James Version 1:1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I think that sums it up really in one quote. He created the Heaven which is where aliens would theoretically live.

Book of Genesis: Chapter 1 King James Version 1:27
So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

The image of God is debated not as 2 arms, 2 legs, head etc., but as the ability to have consciousness and understanding, which is why no 2 humans are the same. These traits would most likely be in an alien species as well. Male and female species could also be an evolution trait which is common to most worlds, as it has benefits of creating stronger species by process of elimination. Having more than 2 sexes would be disadvantageous, if not down right kinky!

An interesting question though! I don't think most religions would have any problems with intelligent alien life. It just expands on Creation

I just wonder how Scientology will re-act when/if aliens turn round and just burst out laughing

Do I believe in the Bible? No. Maybe the aliens will have their own religion, or something better/worse. We won't know until that day.

[edit on 22/5/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Proof of the existence of other intelligent life in the universe is one of the major factors that prompted me to dump my Christian belief system.

My thought were when something this important, so profound that it has the ability to alter the coarse of our lives is not mentioned in the bible then they must not have known about it.

Some people like my MOTHER, says life out there is irrelevant.. Yes, well when they interact with us, this makes it very relent in deed. If my belief system is questioned because god systematically forgot to add in that "were not alone" then 'my fall from grace' would be his fault.. He forgot to include this information and now It has caused me not to believe... However, Christians say NO, its not his fault, he didn't want us to know about it (Know about something that could influence us???, Help us??) and yet around the same time the Mayans are drawing space ships and alien beings.

So my finding concluded that he is either incompetent or wants to keep us ignorant. None of which is a good mind set for a supreme being.

** So I guess my answer is no it will not effect the rational judgments of those who follow religion, but it should.

** Might I add that Christians such as my ENTIRE FAMILY actually believe that Jona lived for 3 days in the belly of a whale.. This is the kind of blind ignorance were talking about here.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I read this all and I still don't see any reaction thats like what i thnk so let me say it myself.

The notion that there is a all seeing all knowing god , a single god is not as old as some of you all might think..
the god of christianity , islam, and the god of the jews , which are all one and the same is only just a couple of hundreds to thousands of years old.
even until the dark ages people did not believe there was a single god.
people believed in nature gods , spirits ect those are all older believes then the one of christianity ect.
The scandinavians believed in different gods , like thor and loki ect
scientology was not even in to becoming to excist until several decades ago , in japan and china they don't have those relgions like islam and christianity until 150 years or less ago. because the prophets of christianity didn't go to those region and only people who were brought to that believe and went there for work and living brought islam christianity with them.

so I think that after disclosure will happen the vatican and other institutes have to come to acknowledge that they have lied too people.
and there teachings were wrong .

Further more I believe that if they come back after more then 12000 years they will have a laugh at us for seeing aliens as gods , but that is something I believe.
Everybody is equal in space and non is above even not aliens who create some other lifeform and let them evolve on a distant place in the galaxy so evolution can take place with out much intervention and when time is there they will come and bring us into the galactic place where all life is living together and take us out of this silent distant corner of the milky way.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Being a firm believe in unknowns, I've been chastised by the Church.

Both locally and abroad. Abomination, is what I think I am Removed from, with...

But, I hear of so many religious wars, I don't think it's anything more than a face shield.

That's my opinion of Religion. Say you're doing good, while pulling a Peter to lay waiste to whomever from which you may take...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
No, but I can't recall in the Bible "On the 8th day God created little green men" do you?

I don't recall any mention of souls of aliens being weighed at judgement day? Do you?

I'd say it's a fundamental point of most religions that Humans are the pinnacle of living beings in the Universe, which means Earth as far as we are told by religion.

So if it turns out that there are little green men, this would drastically alter religion as we have come to know it. Or do you disagree?

Yes, I disagree. Because the Bible was written by humans for humans.

An interesting and even more shocking revelation than alien life would be if the aliens presented a bible that's very close to ours except its talking about their world.

(note that I'm not religious. Just saying that if you swing one way you might as well go the other too)

[edit on 22-5-2009 by merka]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Talk to some of the channelers on here. As, they are quite elaborate authors, with many followers. Just don't go "Heaven's Gate" on US.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
When emperor Constantine and priest decided to unite the variouse christian cults, you know he forgot to mention the human history, metaphysics, and especially reincarnation and aliens...he probably thought it was not important enough to add something like that..Since the day you were born fear based belief system was pressed onto you, you NEVER CHOSE A RELIGION OR A BELIEFE SYSTEM it was decided for you.

Religion never thaught you about the "GIFT" the gift soul, the soul is an infinit being with infinit ability and knowledge who can fully express it self through physicality which promots its growth in maturity, the soul is a being who IS NOT TIED DOWN TO ANY INSTITUTE, the soul is free to do what it want and when it wants, the soul chooses a conciouse space to evolve in and it chooses its experience. Do you see the difference between religion and spirituality?

Aliens always existed always have been you me and everyone has genetic memories of 22 differente extraterrestrial race, but thanks a particular race we have been dumbed and genetically divided. Any external force that can manipulate us, will major shift in our conciouse space.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by Elmocall911]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Dude NO ONE IS BETTER THEN YOU ME OR ANYONE WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME BOAT CALLED "EVOLUTION" we are always going to make mistakes but were better off making them because we learn more we mature more. Thats the whole point in us struggling in this reality in this extremes of duality we must learn and understand the nature of both negative and positive to reach higher level of maturity befor we start living with other beings.

Older religion which you mentioned the people KNEW that their forest god and other wierd gods WERE NOT ACTUAL GODs, we as modern man took it the wrong way when we see them worshipping something without understanding it. they have a very unique and profound understanding of metaphysics (ILL GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE FROM THE TIBETANS), believe it or not these people were the first one to ACKNOWLEDGE that our planet is a LIVING HIGHLY INTELLIGENT BIOLOGICAL ENTITY. Now their ritual is mainly to create a vibration using positive energy which is emitted through positive emotions which heals the planet. as for the whole sacrificial ritual thing i am not to sure you might want to look that up.

We as a race really really need to grow up, seek a higher form of spiritual maturity, because we have been through alot specially experiencing the extremes of duality we have great knowledge and many things to teach.

example of ancient metaphysics

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
why do we stare at the sky at night!

why do we want to better ourselves!

why do we need a god!

why can't science and religion work together!

Born into a catholic family I was amazed at how people blindly follow a religion, I wanted to question everything. Religions are old hat! they served a purpose for social and political needs, i belive there is a god who created us but we have become god like ourselves now. I think soon we will meet our makers and be very supprised!!

our global and collective mind is conditioning us for a big change that we are all wanting, Why do we all in our hearts know the end is near for this era.

I think more and more people are accepting the idea that we are not alone and the different religions are following suit.

So......... I think they could exist side by side for the most part!

something or someone created the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Most religions are tax-exempt, for-profit businesses. Appropriately, they'll make the best business/marketing decisions to ensure their market share does not decline, if and when aliens are 'proven' to be real.

As for god... nah, don't get me started.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

humans , thats us, are wired to believe in something like gods and other supreme beings.why? it can only be answered by speculations. how? of course by religion. even without religion we still come up with "gods" in our mind. religion sort of channel us to ride along whatever form of dogma pulls us the stronger.only very recently that even the vatican entertains the possibilty of aliens...and some quranic verses that implies the same notion. well if not for these religions that belief of other wordly, alien life ufo's should have been common to us a long time ago...in the way our established religion and basic idea of god are being upheld now,would certainly be a big minus in everyones psyche...

[edit on 11-6-2009 by enkira]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join