It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Richest Givers Hold Secret Meeting in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

America's Richest Givers Hold Secret Meeting in New York

abcnews.go.com

Under a cloak of secrecy, some of the worlds wealthiest people gathered in an unprecedented meeting early this month in New York City possibly to coordinate strategies for giving their vast fortunes to charity in the midst of the financial crisis.

Invited by the world's richest men Bill Gates and Warren Buffett a Who's Who of American wealth and influence gathered around a long table in a window-lined private room overlooking the East River on May 5.
Gates and Buffet were joined by billionaire moguls Oprah Winfrey, Ted Turner, and New York City Mayor
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.irishcentral.com

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

How so many giant figures in American life managed to interrupt and coordinate their schedules on such short notice, and meet in total secrecy in the world’s media capital remains a mystery -- as does the ultimate outcome of the billionaires' conference.

In their letter of invitation, Gates, Buffett and Rockefeller cited the worldwide recession and the urgent need to plan for the future. They said they wanted to hear the views of a broad range of key leaders in the financial and philanthropic fields.

Each attendee was given 15 minutes to deliver a presentation on how they saw the future global economic climate, the future priorities for philanthropy, and what they felt the elite group should do.
According to one of the attendees, Gates was the most-impressive speaker of the day, with Turner the most-outspoken and Warren Buffet the most-insistent on his agenda for change

How did this get past ATS?
(Or did I not search close enough - though I tried I tried)...

I'd like to know what *They* came up with at this meeting - what the conclusions are/were?

And if it doesn't disturb you this went on at the same time as the Bilderberg meetings?
It does me...

What's the quote about you get rich by not spending it, you stay rich by not loosing it?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT TO ADD:

A total media blackout prevailed during the get-together, which took place May 5 at Rockefeller University in New York. Attendees included Oprah Winfrey, Ted Turner, George Soros, and Michael Bloomberg, among others.
It’s unclear how so many famous figures could meet without drawing any attention. Each spoke for 15 minutes, giving their perspective on the economic meltdown. Though the event is sure to fuel conspiracy theories, attendees say it was “100% about philanthropy,” though they wouldn’t discuss any details.

link

peace

[edit on 20-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

possibly to coordinate strategies for giving their vast fortunes to charity in the midst of the financial crisis.

Charitable measures are never done in secret. In fact they're done with the most publicity possible.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join