It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pair Charged With Abducting and Killing Tori Stafford

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Pair Charged With Abducting and Killing Tori Stafford

www.cbc.ca

A man and a woman from Woodstock, Ont., have been charged in the abduction and killing of eight-year-old Tori Stafford.

Michael Thomas C.S. Rafferty, 28, and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, were taken into custody on Tuesday night. They made brief appearances as charges were filed Wednesday morning at a court in the southern Ontario community.

Rafferty was charged with abduction and murder. McClintic was charged with abducting the child, assisting Rafferty in escaping the area and being an accessory to murder after the fact.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A sad end to a sad story. I'm just watching the press conference now. They are saying that the woman, Terri-Lynne McClintic, had connections to the family. Just what they are we don't know yet.

The police are searching for the body around Rockwood in Guelph. It is a conservation area with a small lake. It may take a while to find her.

My condolences to the family.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have never been more sad or disgusted.
If this pair had connections to the family why did none of them recognize her in the video?
I have said a thousand times that this is why children should not walk home from school alone....not even a single block.
This poor little angel...
Tonight I will hug my children just a little bit tighter.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So sick of hearing about this kinda crap.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In cases like this there just isn't appropiate punishment even if it's death or rotting in prison for life. A very sad story.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte A sad end to a sad story. I'm just watching the press conference now.

Glad you picked up on this. Lots of kids disappear, but some cases just seem to grab you that much more. This was one of them, maybe because it's a smaller community where 'strangers' stand out, and people feel inherently safer than in the big, bad city.

Condolences, indeed, to the family.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by TheComte A sad end to a sad story. I'm just watching the press conference now.

Condolences, indeed, to the family.

Yup, for sure.

It always brings it closer to home when it happens in a small town.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So sad............

There are far too many whackjobs out in the world nowadays. I hope they get the just punishment they deserve.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Police are now saying that the suspect knew the mother. Perhaps the video was too grainy and low res for her to be recognized, I don't know. That's the only explanation I can think of why the mother didn't recognize her in the video.

The news conference was stopped abruptly after Renton made the statement, leaving questions about the nature of the relationship unanswered.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Police are now saying that the suspect knew the mother. Perhaps the video was too grainy and low res for her to be recognized, I don't know. That's the only explanation I can think of why the mother didn't recognize her in the video.

The news conference was stopped abruptly after Renton made the statement, leaving questions about the nature of the relationship unanswered.

www.cbc.ca...

I will only say this..
if someone who knew me, did that to my child,hell hath no fury, and no mountain , nor ocean would stand in my way of justice being served.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Take a Look At the Female Abductor

Do you see it? She's SMILING. She's trying to make herself not look like she's smiling. She's LOVING this attention.

She's the one who abducted the child.

She's being charged as an ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT.

SHE is the one who abducted the child. That's not AFTER.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Agreed, but take into consideration you are seeing an 18 year old, shacked up with a 28 year old, who might very well be a drug dealer.
Never underestimate the power that man and a few drugs could have over her.
not saying that is the case, but i have seen it before.
If she did it..perhaps it was to please him, as sick as that sounds.

Paul Bernardo ring a bell?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by Aeons

Agreed, but take into consideration you are seeing an 18 year old, shacked up with a 28 year old, who might very well be a drug dealer.
Never underestimate the power that man and a few drugs could have over her.
not saying that is the case, but i have seen it before.
If she did it..perhaps it was to please him, as sick as that sounds.

Paul Bernardo ring a bell?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by AccessDenied]

They didn't live together. He lived with his parents.

Karla Homolka didn't do it to "please" Bernardo. She loved it.

Does this ring a Homolka bell? You bet.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Robbed of her life, her dignity stolen by evil people.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bada29c4450.jpeg[/atsimg]

Nothing can undo the harm done, rest in peace sweet Victoria.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The search for Tori's remains continue. Police are now telling the father that the body may never be found. What? After all that fuss made about the woman flying around in the helicopter to point the way to the body, nothing has come of it.

This I don't understand. They've both been charged with 1st degree murder. Why not tell police where to find the body, if only to mitigate your sentence?
Is it possible they don't know where the body is? Is there a third party that may have disposed of the remains? Something doesn't add up here.

I'm just going to throw this out there. Is there any evidence that the girl was in fact killed? Is it possible that Tori was sold into a child sex slave ring?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I suspect not.

McClintic likes the attention. I'd not be surprised to find that she's a student of serial killers. Keeping the body's location secret is part of the fun for her. She's playing all sides of this I bet.

I understand that Rafferty is odd but intelligent. He could be holding out so that he gets the best possible odds on the whole thing, considering that his case is made up largely out of what they've gotten out of McClintic. McClintic, who is the person who did this to him out of spite.

It is also possible he really doesn't know.

They didn't live together. She got the Tori for Rafferty. Claims that he assaulted the girl in the car. She then appears to have taken Tori back to her home (interview with neighbour). Where Rafferty didn't live. She had a CARSEAT for the kid. Obviously she didn't intend out necessarily killing the kid right away.

McClintic was not coerced. She's a cooperative one. Which would suggest to me that she participated in any further assaults.

Having a carseat for her spells out to me that she was planning on keeping the kid for Rafferty. When perhaps reality hit about what was happening and how this wasn't going to work out - she wasn't going to be able to fullfill all the fantasies of Rafferty and make him stay with her - she killed Tori.

Proving out how depraved she was willing to be for him wasn't enough to have him obsessively love her.

Or they both realized they were now in it up to their eyeballs, and killed her.

I doubt very very much that they don't know where the body was. McClintic likes the extra attention she'll get for life holding the location of the body from people. The attention and power. She literally is playing God, Vixen, and Victim depending on what works best for her in the moment.

Rafferty either doesn't know what she did with the body, or he knows that it is the only card he's holding when pitted against McClintic's information.

I hope they rot.

[edit on 2009/6/8 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/6/8 by Aeons]

top topics

join