It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Analyst Loses It On Air

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Cocaine.

Gods way of telling you you've got too much money.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I really don't know what all this guy was talking about. But I think he did a great impression of Dr. Cox on Scrubs. Just nod your head. lol. Classic Dr. Cox.

"It puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again"
huh? says the attending physician.

Just put the )(&%$$n lotion on the patient's skin.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImzadiDax
WOW!

That guy.. wow. I am struck speechless. All I can say is I must be one of the 'stupid people' cause he made absoooolutely NO sense.

I agree. That guy could have been talking about anything with his rambling, incoherent responses.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not sure what the issue is but the vid is not even letting me click to load it.

Rats. I was hoping to see this.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I can not stress enough that this man bring coffee from home in his own thermos. Bottled water from home. Seriously, this dude is on mind altering drugs. I suppose it is possible that he has been up on meth or coc aine for several days , knowing he was going to appear on national(global) television. Not probable, IMHO. Poor guy. The fact that he is trying to point out ,that this markets movements do not make sense will not be noticed due to his irrational behaviortic. This tactic was used often by the USSR.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by hoi polloi]

[edit on 20-5-2009 by hoi polloi]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Being in financials, here is what i see;

the whole derivatives thing blew the lid off all the fakeness. if you guys havent noticed, huge stocks are down to pennies. Huge opportunities are here for companies that actually produce things!

BoA, like it or not, most likely is going 2 be a powerhouse. They are in on 1/2 of all the mortgages and all sorts of other things around the world. They WILL emerge victorious, and Im gonna ride their profits up!

Yes, things will get conservative again. Don't let banks do your investing. Stick with your small places, trading in large cap, techs, etc. That's where the money is. thats where the growth will be. people like stuff, and will pay for cool stuff.

If everyone, especially brokers, (which is where the change needs to happen, all these A class, b class bull# needs to stop) quits chasing excessive profit and puts in WORK, we will be fine. find new energy sources, thatll clean air. produce bioplastics, so we can make cool things. people will want new stuff once old stuff wears out.

cars....buy cars that are hybrids, air powered cars (yes they exist), things of that nature. Chevy isn't producing cars for profit, their entire biz model is flawed. They will never make it out. Ford most likely will. I like BKD, even though they are Chinese (sorry, american and Chinese hate each other)

pepsi just invested in bioplastics, huge amount. check them out.

The time is for brilliant minds to get poeple working on quality of life. Just stay healthy and you will need to consume, maybe not as much, but we will all live. So taco bell goes down a few shares, Baja Fresh might go up! and your Investment advisers (not brokers) will help you in those picks.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by vonholland]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
First and foremost. He is an entertainer.

Hi c2b. I'd say that first & foremost , Macke is a trader/money manager. Previously owned/ran the hedge fund (Buckshot Capital) , founder & current president of Macke Asset Management (MAM - $21MM). Far from naive , JM spends his life in the belly of the beast. Imo , to think that yesterday was the result of some sort of epiphany (gubmn't-intervention/market-manipulation/games traders play/the world is a ghetto etc) , doesn't work for me.

No doubt , he can be entertaining , but those familiar with his robust style...will know yesterday was something different.

My suspicion (I'm fallible): Stress related to his ongoing CNBC contract dispute...and possibly , either in his personal account , or , his managed accounts...the market turned against him......large.

As to his psychological condition , and whether-or-not he's 'greasing the wheels'...well , I'm really not qualified.

Wish him well though.

GL

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

WOW!

That guy.. wow. I am struck speechless. All I can say is I must be one of the 'stupid people' cause he made absoooolutely NO sense.

Nah... I think the fact that his babbling was incomprehensible to you is because you do have a brain in your head.

It was like he was trying to explain why motocross racing, gravy boats and paper cuts are all the same thing.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

WOW!

Nah... I think the fact that his babbling was incomprehensible to you is because you do have a brain in your head.

It was like he was trying to explain why motocross racing, gravy boats and paper cuts are all the same thing.

Well, gee you mean they're not! Really me thinks this may be an example that comedy and coke (the powdered kind) don't mix. I would say if you have faith in "fast money", you may be putting your trust in the wrong place with this guy...just a thoujght.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by romanmel]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Actually he made perfect sense. The market is what doesn't make sense. We HAVE NO PRODUCTION. We have made nothing, sold nothing, bought nothing, the economy is backward, people are losing their jobs and we're still making a profit?

Screw it. Might as well go crazy too right? Whose gonna notice?

Here, I'll post what I posted Here:

Well, if we follow the body of evidence leading from September of '08 all the way to now and asked one simple question, this is what we would come up with:

Banks are closing, Chrysler is bankrupt, we've taken huge losses in retail, we have no manufacturing, 401k's are still at risk and many are losing value. China is waging a very intelligent and strategic attack on our finances by attempting to debase the dollar. All but 3 States are going broke, and bond markets are not looking good in the future as debt begins to mount.

Where's the money coming from?

The only money flowing is from the Federal government who is propping these industries up, and paying for the continuing of failed foreign policy in IOUs. Of course this is manipulation. One would have to be an idiot to believe that negative production can produce profits. This is a short term spike and it will not last, especially when inflation gets out of hand.

You're not the only one who has posed this question. There's alot of high profile people who are having the same basic problem. The profits are somehow there but the production and recovery are most certainly not...If recovery is no longer a prerequisite to profits then I have no idea what planet I'm on that math like this makes sense.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by projectvxn]

Exactly correct. Most of our production comes from fellas like this who actually produce nothing of value to society. If anything the prevalance of his style of trading in the markets has eliminated any stability for our economy. As for him going crazy, he has been negative for a long time. He comes on TV and pretends he makes all the right moves every day. The pressure of trying to do that and not being able to would make anyone crazy. I would be doing he opposite of everything Macke says. He is everything that is wrong with America.

Guys on his show "Fast Money" come here daily so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am off the opinion that the "car people"....somehow shattered his world view.

For very good reason I might add as I believe that at one point in American history it was treason to think and do what we are doing now.

I am serious........try explaining the goverment bankrupting GM and then explain GM is building plants in China as we speak while planning production of two new cars for the American market.

Heartbeat of America.

Owned by the US goverment.

Made in China.

As I look at my GM vehicle parked outside, I'm thinking General Motors has surpassed AIG for arrogance.

While GM is living off handouts from American taxpayers, there are reports the company intends to annually import as many as 50,000 of its made-in-China vehicles to our shores in coming years.

Those vehicles could be made in U.S. plants by American workers. GM has already moved important hybrid vehicle work to its R&D facilities in Shanghai.

It appears the American taxpayer is keeping GM afloat long enough for these globalist traitors to rebuild as a Chinese company. Where is the outrage at Solidarity House? At the White House? In Congress?

www.freep.com...

Yea...he was trying to hold back...his worldview was shattered.

The question I have is why isn't yours?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
One of these two things happened: and I'm serious!
1. Either he was trying to mock the market, bank and government's total insanity by this on air skit.
OR
2. The government lost control of one of their mind control subjects...

I tend to confer with the latter...and I'm serious!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

I agree with you and Suzque66. I don't think he was too pleased sitting with the other two guys either. He was talking a lot of nonsense Because it all is just nonsense.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's almost like he was talking in code. What transpired earlier in the day with the auto companies?

I think he got a big glimpse of what the Bilderberg meetings laid out in their plans.

He reminds me of how the MSM would act if an actual alien spacecraft landed for all to see. It would cause some to lose it.

I see him losing it in a somewhat similar sense, although he can see that this is all a ruse. There is no economic recovery. There is no stimulus. The dollar will collapse and a one world government is on the way. Your guns will be taken and those Constitution-loving citizens will be placed in camps.

By 20111, the government will control the banks, the auto manufacturers, the health care system and the police.

We need to rise up. Judegment day is upon us.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I watch CNBC and I'm surprised he behaved that way. He usually has a good answer. I missed the car issue but guess it was about GM.

Under normal circumstances wall steet would react. Why they didnt is a mystery to me as well. We know Paulson was pumping cash in to stocks. I dont know if Geitner is doing the same. It tuly doesnt make sense.

There is a one volatility chart that I would watch for before buying stocks which is the high volatility of both buyers and sellers. Then you know the time is right.

There hasnt been blood on the streets yet. It's coming soon, even though this is not a typical business cycle, as recorded in history.

We better hope for a Great Depression, rather than hyperinflation.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Really me thinks this may be an example that comedy and coke (the powdered kind) don't mix.

I disagree, and with two simple words.

Robin Williams

As for the meltdown here. I sort of get what the man is getting at, but some context will make it make a lot more sense for most people. But first, wow, someone chugged a few too many of those 32 oz Monster Energy Drinks. The man was practically vibrating. I was seriously waiting for his to yell something like THIS IS MADNESS! and then reply THIS IS... WALLSTREET!

Now when he says car people, I think salesmen and retail, which when it gets to that point, give up and go home, you are just asking for failure from any market at that point.

Here's the thing right now, the market is upside down, in many forms of the word. In reality, its a call to pull everything out now. For many of these, we're pumping money into a dead horse and hoping it will float. Many of the big companies are victims of their own success and still, they wont change their ways. That doesn't say 'good investment' to me.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

One other important factoid: His dad passed away not so long ago. Maybe he is having trouble coming to grips with that as well as losing trades. With the cars, the goverment is making sure that the derivatives on the car companies do not pay out. That and the fact that GM stock is trading at a $1.40 when the company already said it will be $.05-.10 after restructuring would be a real killer for anyone betting against the automakers.

It is also more painful to bet against everyone and have them succeed, then it is to bet on something to succeed and have it fail. 95% of traders eventually get chased out of the market. Buy and hold and add regularly and stocks will give you the 8-10% return a year that they are suppose to. Anyone with a ten year or longer horizon should be buying stocks at these levels.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
HAAHAHAHA i think i just peed.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This dude is getting replaced next week on the same program by a new analyst: Miss South Carolina.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Survivorman1969]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

One other important factoid: His dad passed away not so long ago.

This will also add to the stress. Death is a big stressor.

As the structure of our society continues to crumble we will see personalities begin to lose it on air.

This is human nature.

We deny a hard truth until we blow up or worse. We need to come to grips that our economy may not be as robust as China and some of the Asian emerging economies. The US economy may no longer be the dominant economy for a decade or so. GM sees this. Car sales are up 37 percent in China. They cannot build enough dealerships in China.

Sometimes it takes a few years before we can acknowledge the changes.

As a fellow traveler who has had the misfortune to undergo some very horrific events in my lifetime I see denial of the death of our economy to be commonplace among Americans but very accepted by those from Asian communities. Chew on that for a few days...it is good jerky.

The stress will show in other ways as long as we continue in denial here in North America.

Once we acknowledge and face the music things will get better.

Of course this is only an opinion......nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join