It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human species is a virus and should be wiped out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
symbiosis...

Personally I think humankind has a reason to be here and to a degree we are like parasites on this planet ..but like any parasite once it breeds beyond its rescources it becomes a pest...and destroys its host!!

I don't think humanity should be wiped out there is a very important reason we are here!!..but I do think the numbers should be dramatically reduced!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So do you think the aliens think we are a parasite too?
Perhaps they are just waiting for us to wipe ourselves out?

There is some discussion in other threads about the rapture and 2012. Some people say that people will leave earth and start again fresh on a new planet. If we had a chance to start over will me make the same mistakes again?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
By your interpretation, all forms of life are a virus.

By that regard,t he best thing for the planet would be to nuke everything off the face of the Earth.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I agree about the population should be reduced. However, I do not think that killing those that are currently here is the answer.

Can you people that breed cool it down a notch? Say, only have one child between the two of you until we get the populace down to a better level?

Thanks

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

It would be nice to start again but they say history repeats itself,have we not been starting and stopping since we first came about? hence the different civilizations surely if we learnt from our mistakes we would all be ONE people rather than all different with different idealogies?

I would love to fly off to another planet and start again but sadly i dont think ill get to see that in my lifetime!

Ill check back with you in 2013 if you or i are still here!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
reply to post by jd140

Because i am not suicidal? im just pissed off with the way we treat eachover and tried to voice my opinions but if you feel like saying im trying to make myself sound 'awesome' and that im implying that im 'enlightened' then thats up to you.

Your opinion isn't that we treat each other like crap.

Your opinion is that we are a virus to the Earth and should be wiped out.

Says so in your title.

My question to you is. If you think we should be wiped out, why are you still here?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
By your interpretation, all forms of life are a virus.

By that regard,t he best thing for the planet would be to nuke everything off the face of the Earth.

No by that interpretation im saying that all other animals give something back even if it is from being eaten by a natural predator

Think circle of life then ask yourself how we fit into it? no animal i know of acts like we do we are the dominant yet somehow backwards species on this planet are we not?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Well... if the aliens do exist I reckon they may think we have potential to be something better..just the collective concsiousness that is humanity has to learn some bloody hard lessons..

I reckon the biggest lesson is for us to learn to take only what we need that sustains us ..and not what we want!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

What am i only allowed one opinion now?

BOTH are my opinion its just that one of them is the title of this thread

I really have made you angry or something? Killing myself would not solve what i am talking about would it?

Because if you had'nt noticed im not people as a whole i am ONE person

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I know what your saying and i agree with you.
It was jsut after watching the video, which was a shocker believe me, it left me feeling like there was no point if thats what we have become.
Sure i know worse goes on every day around the world in conflicts & just in your neighbourhood in some areas but this was a particularly hard hiiting clip in which a young girl is beaten to death by a mob while being filmed on mobile phones & was apparently set up by her family.

It was the most harrowing thing ive ever watched & left me sick to the stomach.
My initail comment was that it should be removed (although i didnt alert the mods) but now i wish it had stayed in the hope that we might learn from it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think that some people are just subhuman. I do think that the human race should be greatly reduced and I think they should choose people selectively, those that would beat and torture a woman to death should be the first to be chosen. We should also start screening all people's dna as it's beleived certain of these subhuman attributes are beleived to be evident in dna.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The dna screening thing sounds like the film "Gattica"
How about forced sterilization of people with an IQ under 120.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by ldyserenity

The dna screening thing sounds like the film "Gattica"
How about forced sterilization of people with an IQ under 120.

That's not the same thing. But I do agree with forced sterilization of people like Casey Anthony!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What makes the Earth any more important than the beings that inhabit it? What would it take to convince you that the inhabitants of this planet are any more important than the soil from which they were raised? What makes any one form or permutation of matter more important than the other?

I can sympathize with your immediate frustration but what you don't realize is that your frustration is unfounded unless it is based on the very sentiment you make yourself out to ostensibly reject, which is primarily compassion. Compassion requires interested observation. When you remove humans from the picture you are left with an uninterested, indifferent universe. Is that any better?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And them aliens have "probes"...I am not keen on that idea!!lol

The thing ..we bump into so many people and are generally .."unpleasant"
and it seems there are a lot of the buggers about these days...but there are times you meet people ...rare I know ...they restore faith in what being human and part of a concsousness (SP??..don't give a bugger anyway)its a hard word to spell ..conciusness!..lol

Generally I don't like being a part of this being "human" thing!!....

Its the symbiosis thing ...there are those that jst want to live as a benevolent parrasite...and those that want to suck the life out of the host!!

There is a reason for the former I think!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That's an interesting way to put things. But are all humans just a virus?

I would say the Human Being's role in the world is more of a mutualistic relationship. Where as the 2 organisms both benifit. Yes sometimes humans kill animals, sometimes the animals kill us. Yes sometimes we hurt the planet, but sometimes the planet hurts us.

Sounds more like mutualism.

Now of course I could go on and and because obviously we all know life is more complicated.

But a VIRUS????

Something that is toxic and poisonous? hahaha, c'mon don't make me laugh. I'm only poisonous or toxic if I wanna be (negativity). But if I so choose too I could also be the cure (positiveness).

Doesn't sound like a virus to me. Humans have free will, but yes your are correct, if you would like to be a Human Virus than it is your choice, but please don't post like we ALL are.

Only the negative, closed-minded, always looking for the easiest way out of things, quick to step on another to get ahead, type of human beings are the VIRUSES!

Are you sure your not just putting your persona into this post "Reading"? That maybe subconciously you are the virus and know this? Well if so read this post, because a little positivity can turn you from the problem to the solution

[edit on 20-5-2009 by GeechQuestInfo]

[edit on 20-5-2009 by GeechQuestInfo]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
reply to post by jd140

What am i only allowed one opinion now?

BOTH are my opinion its just that one of them is the title of this thread

I really have made you angry or something? Killing myself would not solve what i am talking about would it?

Because if you had'nt noticed im not people as a whole i am ONE person

I am discussing the title of the thread not your other opinions. Those are for another thread.

You haven't made me angry. I just don't like people who complain about something and do nothing about it.

Makes you a hypocrite.

I don't want you to kill yourself.

If you feel like a parasite, then move to South America or to Africa and live with a tribe who lives in harmony with their surroundings.

You won't do it though. You will post your deep thoughts, pretend to be enlightend, talk about how humans are bad and do nothing about it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Plants destroy soil, animals can and do destroy their own habitats.
Ducks poison ponds, their waste pollutes the water they swim and feed from, and can kill the plants that grow near the waters edge.
Animals and plants are all wasteful and destructive.
Changes in climate and overgrazing are one of the likely causes of the Sahara.

As for where we fit into the circle of life...

Well, we've more or less been removed, in the cases where we live in the major cities.
The only thing that preys on us are parasites and diseases, for the most part.
It's a opportunity, one we've only very recently begun to realize we have.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
And how you became the judge for what species to live and what not? Being shocked by violence that some individuals (or groups or even societies) can do is not a justification. You are shocked by it - well you know,male lions kill other lion cubs, cute furry hamster eat their own cubs, and there are numerous examples of what should not happen according to our moral standards that does happen. Deal with it. Protect innocent, blame criminals and such.
Of course it is much easier to cry "off with their head".
And if you feel that you contribute only CO2 , then do not extend it to all of humanity, please.
There are people that got us to moon. There are people that got us to depth of sea. There are philosophers. There are finally simple normal guys who provide for their family and raise their kids as normal individuals which is just as hard as to get to the moon.
You are suggesting to wipe out/kill/terminate 6770000000 individuals because you feel (and correctly so) disgusted by awful murder of 1 individual. Wow.
Do something constructive.
Virion Zeroknowledge.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

i think the first thing i wrote is that i know this is a SWEEPING GENERALIZATION Obviousy i know a virus is a different thing alogether, i simply used it as a metaphor.

But my opinion is that we are much like a virus due to the way we act/think, I know a person is inherently good but PEOPLE as a whole are bad you need only look at history or even todays headlines

Maybe i am a bit negative and yes i am human so if my opinion is that humans are LIKE a virus then i am part of the problem too.

But you have to ask yourself how my perceptions and opinions formed they came from somewhere didnt they?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join