It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twins Have One Mom, Two Different Dads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Twins Have One Mom, Two Different Dads

www.canadaka.net

Mia Washington decided to get some expert advice when she and her partner noticed that twins Justin and Jordan had different facial features.

Paternity tests then revealed what had happened - two eggs had been fertilised by two different sperm and there was a 99.99% chance the twins had different dads.

Doctors at the DNA lab in Dallas, Texas had never seen such a result.

Mia later admitted she had had an affair and got pregnant by two different men at the same time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nbcdfw.com
newsone.blackplanet.com[/ur l]
[url=http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/archive/2009/05/19/twins-have-one-mom-two-different-dads.aspx]www.babble.com

[edit on 5/20/2009 by beautyfrompain]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have never heard of this happening. From the news article the egg can remain viable for 24 hours after ovulation and sperm can survive 4-5 days in the womans body.

And now it's public she had an affair. I wonder what's going to happen with the children? I don't think any of the news articles explained what they planned to do. Would one father have to pay child support? What about custody?

www.canadaka.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
hahahhahaha

that sucks for the guy who thought he was the dad... i guess for the other one too.

how weird to be twins and half-brothers at the same time !!!!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That is weird. Although I wouldn't have thought it impossible, some women release more than one egg when ovulating, so her husband fertalized one and her boyfriend the other. I would guess that instances of this being reported are rare since I would assume most twins have the same father (mommy and daddy got frisky two nights in row) and it wouldn't be as obvious, as say having two different daddies, since if they were conceived a day apart there wouldn't be anyway to know.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have heard tell of happy white couples whose smiles quickly disappeared when a black baby popped out - that's a fairly big oops moment for the mom.

But this is a new one.

The odds against such a thing happening are astronomical.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Would one father have to pay child support?

In Texas, whoevers signs off on the paternity papers is the one responsible for paying child support even if the child is later discovered not to be his. I think that is why many soon to be dads, married or not, should consider a DNA test when the baby is born.

I have always wonder if this kind of situation was possible and I guess this DNA test finally answered that question.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Technially then they are not twins... not even faternal twins.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wow, this mom was certainly, active. Can you imagine explaining this to the children when they get older? "Hey, kids, you have different daddies, but you're twins."

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
WOW! I can't wait to show this thread to my wife, although purely for entertainment value. We are expecting twins in November, and based on the ultrasound measurements, they could have been concieved two days apart! This is not that uncommon, according to the doctor, and happens frequently when women stop taking their oral contraceptives. (multiple ova)

THIS particular case is something I joke with her about mercilessly... That one of the twins is mine, and the other is her "secret" man's... Thanks for the extra ammo!

I really feel for the dad (the married one)... If this is played the "wrong" way, he's in for a life of indentured servitude to this two timing whore. Nice laws we have to "protect" the children, huh?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

I have to agree there, to be twins they medically have to be of the same mother and father I think.But, ha now everyone knows her dirty laundry, how embarrassing!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This has happened before.....I remember reading about a story about a German woman who had one white and one black baby at the same time, from different fathers. Grover is correct, they are not technically twins.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
WOW! I can't wait to show this thread to my wife, although purely for entertainment value. We are expecting twins in November, and based on the ultrasound measurements, they could have been concieved two days apart! This is not that uncommon, according to the doctor, and happens frequently when women stop taking their oral contraceptives. (multiple ova)

THIS particular case is something I joke with her about mercilessly... That one of the twins is mine, and the other is her "secret" man's... Thanks for the extra ammo!

I really feel for the dad (the married one)... If this is played the "wrong" way, he's in for a life of indentured servitude to this two timing whore. Nice laws we have to "protect" the children, huh?

Yeah I have to agree with you there. As I have to deal with the fallout from my SO's two timing whore ex... Seeing as how he signed the BC and all. He's endentured to her forever it would seem as they're still pursuing Child support case even though the children are married and out of the two timing whore's household!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I started a thread on this a couple days ago, ...

Texas Mum Mia Washington Has 'Twins' to Different Dads

Imagine having to explain to your kids when they grow up that, even though you were both born on the same day and have the same mother, that your not really twins, but half brothers!

Glad I'm not involved in this predicament!

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by grover

I have to agree there, to be twins they medically have to be of the same mother and father I think.But, ha now everyone knows her dirty laundry, how embarrassing!

I agree, but they'll still experience their lives as if they were twins. I'm a fraternal twin and I grew up with two boys who were adopted together at the same age. They were very much like me and my sister. Having a sibling that is experiencing everything you are at the same time is one of the best parts of being a twin or someone with a same aged sibling.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's messed up..

Wonder why we haven't seen more of this on Maury...

There are some serious skanks there, who have to test up to a dozen guys to see who their baby daddy is.....

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I know this happens with certain animals, cats especially, rarely heard of it from humans, though. Most I can think of in comparison is the IVF accident a few years ago where a lady had twins, and only one of them were from the correct parents.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm not even sure the writers of a soap opera could have come up this one !
The only thing that I can take from this is that if anyone guys in particular have doubts about the parentage of a child have a DNA test done ASAP . I suppose eventually custody laws will catch up with technology until then in your partner or wife you trust .

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.wayofcats.com...

This happens in cats all the time, actually. If there is more than one egg, and more than one male is mating with the female, the offspring can actually be from different fathers.

It's pretty cool. It happens with dogs, too. I've never heard of it happening with humans but I guess it's possible if they are fraternal twins and not identical. I mean, genetically they wouldn't even be twins. Just born at the same time? It probably depends how long the eggs take to implant. So I don't know about humans, but I know it happens in cats and dogs.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
DNA tests with twins can sometimes be dicey...and they won't even know it. Look into the chimera issue.

top topics

join