It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military attorney: Waterboarding is 'tip of the iceberg'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Military attorney: Waterboarding is 'tip of the iceberg'

rawstory.com

According to Bradley, when Mohamed was first held at a CIA prison in Morocco, “They started this monthly treatment where they would come in with a scalpel or a razor type of instrument and they would slash his genitals, just with small cuts.”

Now Bradley believes, “This has nothing to do about national security, it has to do with national embarrassment.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Powell aide: Cheney first approved torture to tie Iraq, al Qaeda
Unredacted Documents Reveal Prisoners Tortured to Death (Previously Classified)
Secrets of the CIA- Destroying American Pride

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The whole waterboarding issue may have simply been a frontline attention diverter.

They did far worse things to detainees, including kill them.

Just see the related ATS thread links.

This story merely confirms what many of us already know: The evil people in government are truly evil. They detain people they "suspect," hold them without cause for extraordinary amounts of time, deny them council, and torture the everloving crap out of them until they get what they want to hear.

Then they take this supposed "confession evidence" and use it for a myriad of devious political gains. Just another day in Amerika.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
on one hand this is truly shocking, on the other it's what we all knew all along...

What can you do but shake your head and tut is disgust?

well beside joining a protest movement, write phone and speak to people, etc, etc, etc - but no ones going to do that because they don't want to look like they're #a trouble maker#

well apart from us #trouble makers# that is but no one is going to listen to us because we #just want to make trouble# - meh, the world makes me so angry some times.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
And so then after posting this story, I'm out driving to where I gotta go today, listening to talk radio, and I hear some lady on MSM talking about how the prisons for these detainees are so much better than in the states. Nice, clean, and a kneeling carpet and Koran provided. Exercise yards, great food, yadda yadda...

And I am just sitting there thinking "Yeah right you liar (by omission). Now tell the public what the hell is REALLY going on."

A Koran and carpet don't do you much good when you are dead.

WHAT Geneva conventions???????????

Evil bastards!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
S & F for you OP. Excellent documentation by someone in the military willing to uphold our constitution.

I'll tell you this if someone ever started cutting my genitals I'd tell them whatever they wanted. This is really beyond any legal justification, as the acts shock the conscious and is against every moral standard we have in following the rule of law, and treaties that have been established.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'm assuming she has proof.

This is a pretty serious claim. I would hope that she has proof.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

There is proof. She isn't involved in the crime...this makes the attorney a witness to material facts. In our court system, a witness is proof. What standard of proof will her witness testimony carry would be another question.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

You know what I meant.

Pictures, tapes or anything else to prove what she is saying. Just because she says it happened doesn't equate to proof.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I wonder how much someone has to get paid to sell their sould and think "Ok I'll torture this guy and cut his genitals."

Truly disgusting that we as a species are capable of such horrors and even worse that some people are capable of justifying it.

I am just glad this information is getting out. The most powerful weapon we have to combat this type of evil is information.

If there is a judgement when we die, I will be very satisfied knowing Cheney and the other sick f*s who ordered this type of crap will not pass go.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
hahhahahahaha i dont need to read any following posts from the OP i find it rediculous that anyone thought that waterboarding was the preferred interrogation technique. They have hundreds of years of torture. Am i imagining the NYT article in 2004 that said a muslim was abducted from JFK and taken to an undisclosed location and had thumb screws inserted? i wish i could find the link it was a while ago but im sure someone remembers it

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Neither does no photo's mean it didn't happen. Who knows maybe we do have photo's but they haven't been released.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

She goes on the witness stand with only her testimony she will get eaten alive. You know that as much as I do.

She needs physical proof. That is what I hope she has, because I'm thinking she is going to need it after going on this program.

I'm beginning to think you are being ingorant on purpose.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

If your going to torture someone, under the flag of a nation, you dont video tape it for the public to see.

thats a basic thing.

It doesnt mean it happened, it just means its harder to prove.

But, I believe that the governments of this world do far worse than waterbording. 90% of the cases, the people will be tortured, information gotten, then killed. Dead men tell no secrets.
The ones kept alive and alive for a reason, I gaurantee its to help the government.

Which is why people who talk to the TV about being tortured are lying, or are deliberatley trying to mislead the public.

Its the torture'rs, or the people witnessing it that i'd believe.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I dont know why people debate on the controversy . whats going to happen is the trillions of dollars that the us embezzles from us each year is just going to be a very hefty pay check to the Judges in the states so that none of them will get even a slap on the little wrist . I really believe the world should have the ancient laws of "An eye for an eye" but in this case " A nut for a nut, or perhaps an ovary" ha ha

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I didn't say video of the actual torture.

Attorneys take pics of their clients when injuries have occured.

Did she take pics of his injuries? Did she get a independant doctor to check him out? Did she obtain any evidence to support her claim?

Appearing on a news show in uniform and making these claims is not a smart thing to do unless she has something to back her up.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Again,

If your tortured by a government... your not going to see a lawyer.
You really think the government would torture someone, then let them see a completely private, independant lawyer, more so allow photos to be taken?
?

Its like a murderer offering to remain behind to give an interview for police.

The Idea of the 'torturer' is to HIDE the fact they have tortured, being against international law and all that.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Apparently he saw a lawyer because she was his lawyer.

I really hope she has proof of her claims. If not she could be in alot of trouble.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
True, but she wasnt his lawyer 'then'
But, he would have scars, so where are they photos of them?
Secondly, if he was really someone of importance, they wouldnt of released him.

I dunno, whole thing is suss.

Unfortunately Alqaeda fight a smart PR war. there doctrine says
'' if accused, counter accuse. if capture, argue you were mistreated etc etc ''

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I'm beginning to think you are being ingorant on purpose.

Look, I don't call you slights of names when I see that most topics you respond to are against the OP. That's right nearly 90% of the threads you post in you disagree with the OP, instead of adding to the conversation.

As to being ignorant, no I'm not. I see exactly where you are coming from but in reverse. This attorney's testimony is evidence of a crime. It's not hearsay evidence, as an attorney is an agent of the court. Agents of the court cannot lie to the court and are given great weight as far as information they have in relation to a crime. That being said once the charge is lodged, the attorney's testimony is evidence and it's not up to her to produce any further evidence. The burden of proof then falls to the accused to produce evidence that outweighs the testimony. So if they have photo's or videos or whatever they would bring them forth at that time.

new topics

top topics

join