It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just bought some gymnastic rings.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hi all,

I've just bought myself a set of gymnastic rings for bodyweight training, and wondered if anyone else uses them?

I have finaly become sick of weights after many years of using them, plus my back is knackered so lifting can be a struggle for me. I enjoyed the look of my body when i used weights, but the strength was still not as good as you'd expect.

So i looked into gym rings. Theres some great ones you can buy online, and also some great home made rings you can make out of pvc pipe. I like the fact that i can stick them up anywhere, take them over the forest and hang them from a branch, wherever i want really.

I'm about 200lbs at the moment so even the basic ring techniques are a struggle, but i am looking forward to getting some functional strength as well as a decent body....which at my age (37 last week) seems to be harder to get than years ago.

CX.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't have too much experience with rings, but have attempted pull ups and iron crosses. Even managed to do a handstand on them and hold. But this has been quite some time ago. Gymnasts use them with great success, the results speak for themselves! Non gymnasts I know that use them regularly swear by them and they have pretty good strength in their arms. I'd say keep at, maybe look up some routines on the net. I wish I could offer better first hand advice, but good luck and good training!

CX

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Cheers Darth, yes there are some great videos online and plenty of workout tips.

I think just having a play onthe things with the odd technique here and there is punishing enough lol, i only messed about on them for anout 20 minutes the other night, and my body is feeling like i's been run over by a truck!

CX.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i always wanted to do the parallel bars,,,,, n semms like it wouldn't be to hard,,,, once you got going'

of course i'm still in the "wanting" stage 10 years later

new topics

top topics

join