It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms Sent by U.S. May Be Falling Into Taliban Hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Arms Sent by U.S. May Be Falling Into Taliban Hands

www.nytimes.com

Arms and ordnance collected from dead insurgents hint at one possible reason: Of 30 rifle magazines recently taken from insurgents’ corpses, at least 17 contained cartridges, or rounds, identical to ammunition the United States had provided to Afghan government forces, according to an examination of ammunition markings by The New York Times and interviews with American officers and arms dealers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well i guess its like beating yourself in the mirror, lets see how intelligent the high brass will be in restrictions or will this also fly under the radar as the other thousands of cases of similar questioning in and about business practices.

The examination of the Taliban’s cartridges found telling signs of diversion: 17 of the magazines contained ammunition bearing either of two stamps: the word “WOLF” in uppercase letters, or the lowercase arrangement “bxn.”

“WOLF” stamps mark ammunition from Wolf Performance Ammunition, a company in California that sells Russian-made cartridges to American gun owners. The company has also provided cartridges for Afghan soldiers and police officers, typically through middlemen. Its munitions can be found in Afghan government bunkers.

The “bxn” marking was formerly used at a Czech factory during the cold war. Since 2004, the Czech government has donated surplus ammunition and equipment to Afghanistan. A.E.Y. Inc., a former Pentagon supplier, also shipped surplus Czech ammunition to Afghanistan, according to the United States Army, including cartridges bearing “bxn” stamps.

Most of the Wolf and Czech ammunition in the Taliban magazines was in good condition and showed little weathering, denting, corrosion or soiling, suggesting it had been removed from packaging recently.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If they're shooting Wolf I dare say this is all part of the plan. After a few mags their guns will gum and seize.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Have not used wofl, is it that bad ?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We already know how this all works. Do we really think the taliban have enough gun manufactures to outfit an army? Of course not they get it from someone we give the guns to.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

It's not that bad but it certainly isnt good.

I have my stocks of it because it's cheap but it's gross to clean a rifle after a couple of hundred rounds. It's residue is so sticky and thick it's nasty.

new topics

top topics

join