It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News 8 Investigates: Airline mechanics who can't read English

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

News 8 Investigates: Airline mechanics who can't read English

www.wfaa.com

If mechanics don't speak English, the international language of aviation, they can't read the manual and they can't record their activities.

There are more than 236 FAA-certified aircraft repair stations in Texas, according to the FAA's Web site. News 8 has learned that hundreds of the mechanics working in those shops do not speak English and are unable to read repair manuals for today's sophisticated aircraft.

Former FAA inspector Bill McNease told News 8 he regularly encountered applicants for pilots’ licenses who tried to pretend they could speak English — but could not.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I just heard about this this morning. I know it's not really alternative news so if I have posted it improperly mods please move it where you feel it's best suited.

I just find it amazing how regulated our lives have become yet the regulators can drop the ball with no real reprocussions. Our air traffic industry is faltering in this economy but that's no excuse for hireing people who can't read a repair manual to repair today's advanced aircraft. It truly amazes me that the planes stayed in the air long enough to hit the World Trade Center ( wait... maybe this is a consperacy, or at least more evidence for the 9/11 no planes theory).

Seriously.... All I hear out of the FAA on this is..... Oop's did I do that? This type of new story and response is a step in the wrong direction when related to economic recovery. I won't be buying a plane ticket any time soon.

Before anyone says we are being prejudiced in this matter it has nothing to do with them speaking Spanish or any other language for that matter. It's about them not reading English the "Universal Language of Avionics" and after a "thorough" government screening STILL being hired to do critical work.

www.wfaa.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join