It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future Looks Bleak for Denver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

No amount of solutions can solve the core problem: hyper-population growth. Worse, all their solutions predicate greater problems because they tacitly accept unending population growth as their working paradigm. That will prove a flawed and outdated concept in a short few years.

First of all, continued growth equates to a cancer cell. It can and will kill the host. Therefore, continued growth advocated by Governor Bill Ritter, Mayor John Hickenlooper and most companies in Colorado fail to understand their own dilemma. Such growth guarantees water shortages, degraded quality of life in Colorado, energy crises, crowding, gridlock and worse. We face a horrendous crisis!

What is that crisis? It may be described as a Faustian Bargain or selling their souls for immediate financial gratification to suffer long term consequences certain to arrive. And, ironically, the further they travel into the consequences, the more they are forced into Hobson’s Choice: by waiting too long to enact ‘real’ or ‘workable solutions’, they force a citizens to pick two doors for their final choice. If they pick door # 1, the walk through and walk over a cliff. If they pick door # 2, they walk into a swamp of quicksand.

Harsanyi said, “Expect more traffic, not less.” That statement makes about as much sense as a cancer patient saying, “Okay, I might as well as expect more cancer, not less, but I hope to get better.”

A rational statement by Bill Vidal, Denver’s Department of Public Works, said, “You can’t just pay or pave your way out of this.”

No horsefeathers, Sherlock!

Full Story

I'd think that this was not just an isolated case. Looking at other cities around the US and the world, you can see that infrastructure is unable to keep up with repairs and expansion or renewal to keep pace with the growing populations.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wait until the Feds make their headquarters there......that'll fix everything

I have read somewhere (I'll look it up) that Denver will be the 1st alternate Fed seat of power in a "continuity of government" scenario...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
Wait until the Feds make their headquarters there......that'll fix everything

I have read somewhere (I'll look it up) that Denver will be the 1st alternate Fed seat of power in a "continuity of government" scenario...

usmilitary.about.com...

Cheyenne Mountain is the worksite for three major commands: the North American Aerospace Defense Command, formed in 1958 with combined U.S. and Canadian forces; Air Force Space Command, created in 1982; and the U.S. Space Command, created in 1985. Scattered throughout Colorado Springs and surrounding towns, Cheyenne Mountain forms the Orion — the warrior — of the DOD’s space force constellation.

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

5. Denver International Airport (also a detainment camp)
Function: Military research, construction, detainment camp facilities
Levels: 7 reported
Tunnels to: Denver proper, Colorado and Rocky Mountain "safehousing", Colorado Springs, Colorado (Cheyenne Mtn.), Riverton, Wyoming Notes: Constructed in 1995, the government and politicians were hell bent on building this airport in spite of it ending up vastly overbudget. Charges of corruption, constant construction company changes, and mass firings of teams once they had built a section of their work was reported so that no "one" group had any idea what the blueprint of the airport was. Not only did locals not want this airport built nor was it needed, but everything was done to make sure it was, period. Masonic symbols and bizarre artwork of dead babies, burning cities and women in coffins comprise an extensive mural as well as a time capsule - none of which is featured in the airport's web site section detailing the unique artwork throughout the building. DIA is reported to serve as a cover for the vast underground facilities that were built there. There are reports of electronic/magnetic vibrations which make some people sick and cause headaches in others. There are acres of fenced-in areas which have barbed wire pointing into the area as if to keep things in, and small concrete stacks that resemble mini-cooling towers rise out of the acres of nowhere to apparently vent underground levels.

See site article and photos at Denver Airport

There are numerous articles on Co.'s bases. The area is composed of mostly granite rock (The Rockies) which is an exceptional building medium for underground construction providing the upmost protection from above ground threats.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Thanks, I lived in Golden during the construction of DIA......the stories that came from the workers out there were just.....strange.....the opening ceremony was strange as well....Native American shaman warning the politicians that it was a terrible mistake to build out there...that the land itself was cursed....

edit to apologize for thread hijack...sorry

[edit on 20-5-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What's up with Denver Airport?

That's my thread from a while back with Denver Airport Info.
I wouldn't worry about 'the future lookking bleak for Denver'.
The NWO has it's eye on Denver. It's probably the safest place
to be when the SHTF ....

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Denver International has been debunked MANY times on ATS.. there not being a shred of truth to the stories.

On topic:

Denver is facing what many cities are facing, over population .. and quite often the influx of population are lower income and pay little to no taxes. But seeing as Colorado is one of the safest places for Illegals to go, I for one do not feel sorry for them. If they where to cut down on illegal immigration just a fraction, their over population concerns would begin to dissipate.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
What's up with Denver Airport?

That's my thread from a while back with Denver Airport Info.
I wouldn't worry about 'the future lookking bleak for Denver'.
The NWO has it's eye on Denver. It's probably the safest place
to be when the SHTF ....

The airport is a 'Huge' conspiracy topic to begin with but to keep this thread on topic-

www.metrodenver.org...

Industries
Six industries – aerospace, aviation, bioscience, energy, financial services, and information technology - software – are driving job growth in the region's knowledge-based economy.
Learn more »
Research & Tech Transfer
The region's universities are not only developing compelling research, but are creating new companies in the process.
Learn more »
Federal Labs
Home to the nation's major federal labs, our region is at the forefront of climate, space sciences, and renewable energy research.
Learn more »

Looks like the place to be when the 'SHTF'.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Although our current times are putting a bind on all of us Denver is starting to rebound quicker than the rest of us-

www.metrodenver.org...

Consumer confidence, housing trends, and employment outlook improving in Metro Denver
The Colorado Business Leaders Confidence Index rose from 30.6 in the first quarter of 2009 to 35.5 in the second quarter. While the index remains below the growth-neutral point of 50, the increase suggests Colorado business leaders have marginally better expectations for the second quarter.

Similarly, the U.S. Consumer Confidence Index rose considerably between March and April as consumers’ expectations for the next six months improved. The Consumer Confidence Index is now at the highest level reported so far this year.

Analysts also say Colorado’s better-than-average venture capital trends are also evidence of a competitive economy. According to the PricewaterhouseCoopers MoneyTree Report, 16 Colorado companies completed deals for $77 million in venture capital funding in the first quarter of 2009.

Also, home sales activity in some areas – including Metro Denver – has recently improved. Data from the National Association of Realtors show the West is currently the only U.S. region where home sales have risen above 2008 levels. Home sales remain below 2008 levels in the South (-10.9 percent), the Midwest (-11.1 percent), and the Northeast (-22.5 percent).

Denver ranks among five housing markets that are likely to recover quickly, according to a forecast developed by John Burns Associates and published in Builder magazine. The forecasting model – called Housing Cycle GPA – uses historical data on local housing supply, demand, and prices plus data on national influences. Analysts say improvements in Denver’s housing affordability and foreclosure trend will help the market recover more quickly.

Contrary to the national trend, home sales in Metro Denver rose 29.1 percent between February and March. The number of homes under contract also increased over-the-month, and the region’s total unsold inventory was down almost 20 percent from the 2008 level. Metro Denver average home prices are still falling on an over-the-year basis, but the pace of decline for both single-family homes and condominiums has slowed.

This info is a monthly update. The above is the findings from last month.

top topics

join