It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Humanoids in Florida?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Okay so I used to watch all these shows on the paranormal(still do). And I remember seeing things about the so called"Flying Humanoids". Which, of course I'd scoff at. But, this past november/december I had my own experience with this as well as a neighbor of mine also. We live in The Tampa bay Area in Florida. Ok, so here's my story:
I have trouble sleeping sometimes as my Spouse goes away to work and is not home sometimes for bedtime. Anyway I was reading stuff on paranormal.about.com and was freaked out anyway, so that didn't help at all. So I am lying on my couch trying to sleep. I sleep on the couch because we only have two bedrooms and I have three kids, one is a 14 yr old boy the other two are girls 13, and 9. So obviously my son needs a room; so last year I let him have ours and started sleeping in the living room. Anyhow...so I was lying there thinking about pleasent things or trying to anyway... Then for some reason I was drawn to look out the window, like an uncontrollable urge to look out there and in the sky to the Ne of the front of my house but in the distance over a line of trees, I saw this dark shadow shaped like a human but like a shadow person would be described, but it was floating above the trees, then it quickly disappeared behind the tree line and I, needless to say, squeezed my eyes shut and bundled the blankets up around my head shivering like a scared puppy!!!!! I was totally freaked out I mean I didn't sleep the whole night until the sun was coming Up!!!!!

Now my neighbor's story, in fact happening the same night. My neighbor and her husband deliver the paper so they gotta deliver like at 4am in the morning, but they gotta go bag the papers at around 1 or 2 am at the warehouse. anyway, they told me this: Her husband, M was packing the papers into the car and saw a shadow cast on the ground like a person's shadow, but you could tell it was up high. He looked up and there on the telephone post was the same thing I described above. So of course he quickly finished packing the car up getting in and taking off, but it followed above him for at least 20 minutes while he and His wife set out to deliver to their route. I mean they could look out at the top of their side windows and see it above them. Like mine, it was like a shadow person, no discernable features just a dark humanoid shape. They were really freaked out, too by this and they told me the story the next day.

So I am wondering if anybody else here in the US or even any other country has had a run in with the flying humanoids?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That's really creepy, if I was in your position I think I would have hid under my blanket too. I have trouble sleeping and get crazy thoughts while I'm trying to sleep so I know what you mean.

How big was it? I know it's a silly question, but maybe you have a vauge idea. lol

Great post OP

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I would say it was about 6' or nearly that size and that is what my neighbor said also. They said about 6' as they got an up close and personal view. If I was them I would've quit the dang route right there! I would've covered my head with the blankets normally; but at that time I was afraid that my asthma would start up, as it was really bad back then. Really creepy. And if I had to guess weight on the thing I'd say about 190-210 lbs. give or take.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe it's the mothmen? I'm not being sarcastic... maybe it was a trick of the shadows? I've never seen anything like that in my experiences but I wouldn't rule your story out as a hoax. Take a camera to bed the next few nights and see if you can get some photo material

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
That is an interesting story, what part of florida do you live in? could have almost been anything, but for the skeptics lets say it was a weather balloon.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I would say it was about 6' or nearly that size and that is what my neighbor said also. They said about 6' as they got an up close and personal view. If I was them I would've quit the dang route right there! I would've covered my head with the blankets normally; but at that time I was afraid that my asthma would start up, as it was really bad back then. Really creepy. And if I had to guess weight on the thing I'd say about 190-210 lbs. give or take.

Hey thanks for replying.

6ft wow. Did it look just like a human or did it have any kind of device on it? i.e jetpack looking structure?.... in what way was it's movements? Did it glide or sort of stutter (to think of a better word)

Really appreciate you answering

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Not really the description I have seen for mothmen...but it can't be ruled out, also this only happened once to me and my neighbors, and several months ago. They haven't seen it again nor I. But I did tell them they should've grabbed a pic with their cell phone as they got the nearer view and had a camera phone on them. I really wish they would have, but they were too panicked I guess. I live near Tampa, Fl.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

It wasn't close enough for me to tell, my neighbors said it had no device on it's person as for a sound, I would have to ask them whenever they get up today as they are asleep now from delivering the paper this morning. In both cases it just seemed to glide.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by RenDMC

It wasn't close enough for me to tell, my neighbors said it had no device on it's person as for a sound, I would have to ask them whenever they get up today as they are asleep now from delivering the paper this morning. In both cases it just seemed to glide.

This is quite strange. I've seen videos of such things, but if I were in your neighbours position, I think I'd total the car.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC

reply to post by RenDMC

This is quite strange. I've seen videos of such things, but if I were in your neighbours position, I think I'd total the car.

I told them I would've had to have the car detailed inside if you know what I mean!!!
Because I would've S*** MYSELF! lol!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by RenDMC

I told them I would've had to have the car detailed inside if you know what I mean!!!
Because I would've S*** MYSELF! lol!!!!!

I read about one such case where a woman was walking home from work. When she got withinsay 50ft of her front door she heard a humming noise and as she turned around to see, nothing was there. But she still heard the noise then she looked up and seen something above her sort of looking down on her. This was on a radio station I listen to and I was on my Xbox and it started whizzing the CD and hummed, suffice to say my bed nearly needed detailed haha.

I wonder what these things are though?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

I would love to know what it was, I, as I said would scoff at people who admitted seeing these things, And I guess that's why I was given the pleasure of catching one. The weird thing IS I was already frightened by reading everybody's wierd stories on paranormal.about.com, So I was avoiding looking out the window because I just knew if I did it wouldn't be all that good of an idea. BTW none of the stroies on that months true tales was of flying humanoids. But, The urge hit me and I couldn't resist. It was just a split second I actually saw the thing. I actually thought it was one of those large birds that they have down here but I knew that it'd be impossible for it to seem that big and that far away, plus I saw no wings and the shape was definately human. I told myself that it was my imagination, so I wouldn't have an accident or a heart attack. but I did nearly have an asthma attack anyway!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here's a pretty close depiction of what I saw. Sorry it's in spanish. Except it was dark outside when I saw IT and it was totally frontal view so I couldn't see any hump on it's back. Also my neghbors had a reall good view and there wasn't any hump on it's back either.

www.youtube.com...
At 1:04 is the exact thing I saw!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Hey thanks for replying.

6ft wow. Did it look just like a human or did it have any kind of device on it? i.e jetpack looking structure?.... in what way was it's movements? Did it glide or sort of stutter (to think of a better word)

Really appreciate you answering
My neighbor said it made no sound. I asked her and her husband last night. He's also seen a black shadow in the shape of the AOL Mail guy thing run across the street while on delivery. Like this, but black not yellow.
www.flickr.com...
wrong link first time oops...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by ldyserenity]

top topics

join