It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions are real, not to be undermined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
My grandmother saw the last dregs of the Spanish Inquistion back in Holland when they were still making an effort to burn as many people (mainly women) as they could in the name of Jesus Christ. So my grandmother wanted nothing to do with the Church...who can blame her. So when the church told me as a child that my grandmother would not see the pearly gates of their illusionary heaven...I wondered if those were the gates I wanted to see. No I think I would like to be with my Grandmother. A beautiful kind and generous woman. When the name of Jesus is used to tell people that if they dont believe in Jesus they wont be a part of the great kingdom of god, or killed...I dispute that. Gods kingdom is on earth. God knows the hearts of His children. God knows the thoughts of us all. God is the creator of the entire universe therefore it is highly presumptuous of mere mortals to say they know what God will do to someone if they do not wish to believe in Jesus. I personally do not believe alot of the bible because I think it has been interpreted wierd

Deut 5: 16-21: Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. 17 You shall not kill, 18 Neither shall you commit adultery. 19 Neither shall you steal. 20 Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbour. 21 Neither shall you covet your neighbour’s wife. Neither shall you desire your neighbour’s house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.

Follow these basic principles and nothing can get in the way of freedom. Quotes from certain biblical sources for example some written by Paul can in my opinion lead to confusion. Love the Omniscent, Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh, Elohim, YHWH, Shandi, Shen, Bhagavan, Ishvara, Shiva, Vishnu, Krishna, Ram, Shakti, Ek Onkar, Satnam, Nirankar, LORD, Yeshua, Father/Abba, Mother God with all your heart, your soul and your mind, this might for some, mean the God of their own understanding and if that gets them through the chaotic mind games of this world then I believe the God of my understanding will stand by His children for doing the best they can and following the basic principles of life.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by flashesofblue]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The spanish inquisition there is more to that story then just murder, I don't know alot about it but I know that church leaders aren't supposed to kill people randomly because that's not what Christ taught.

as for leaving the church because of that, well that's just insane because it holds the living bread of perfection which literally created 1000s of saints.

Quotes from certain biblical sources for example some written by Paul can in my opinion lead to confusion. (op)

Yea well anything can lead to confusion. Your belief can that all is good, everything is good, all religions are true. So how can you say that your belief won't lead to confusion?

what if someone wanted to make a religion out of worshipping soda bottles or jumping out of planes? Or a rock being God and the only way to please it is to bang your head against it/

anything can lead to confusion. Hypocrites use passages to justify their hypocracy, the true teachings of Christ are love of God and of enemy. Evrything else flows from these two.

and like people say religion causes the most war. Well you get rid of religion and watch what takes over. Communism, they have no rules, no teaching of loving your enemy. without religion and Gods (true) teachings, this world would of disinigrated centuries ago.

we would of had nukes years ago, but only now religion dies off more and more, idol minds create science, inventions, nukes, everything that can lead to our destruction.

peace.

new topics

join