It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS Defends 'Shocking' Schoolgirl Birth Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Kind of stupid banning a fake video.

I like how the chick catching the baby knocked the camera out of her face and said get that damn camera out of here.

Very dramatic.

And what is up with all those kids around her cheering?

Besides that for those who think that this video is real.

Notice the lack of blood. Child birth is not a clean adventure.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Flipping through the channels recently, I caught something I hadn't expected to see on TLC...graphic childbirth.
Crowning on public TV in the middle of the day on the learning channel.
I didn't find that video of the girl to be graphic at all, compared to what's already on the tube. If anything, I thought it was a clever way to get youngsters to continue watching it until the message has been delivered.
I'm sure they types of people this video is targeting(and rightfully so) would be the crowd of hoodlums that peruse youtube for schoolyard fights and other such garbage.
Good on them for putting this video out there.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I agree, we should support teenage parents. That must have been such a strange experience for her to give birth with no privacy like that.
But I also do love my birth control pills. So much.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
First of all, it's an advertisement, of course they dind't use ACTUAL footage :/

As for the message, I don't think they were speaking to the point of the humiliation of teenage pregnancy. I think that they filmed the video to appear as if it's a school yard fight, then, you are supposed to be shocked when the show the baby, hence the "Not what you think?" line.

Anyway, *I* was a teenager mother, and believe me, I saw much more graphic than this. The shock value may work on some, but not many girls, IMO. I could go further into that, but for now, I'll let it be.

As for banning the video, it's silly. There is so much worse on youtube, it's not even funny.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm interested in the comments of people who took the time to watch the video, and not read the article, where it states the entire thing is staged.

It definitely shows how video has more of a impact than words.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What is the issue here? My Lord, people are getting so damned prudish! I swear if they get any worse burkas will be in fashion in New York and Paris!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What really urks me about the teen pregnancy issue and the pro life debate is that the majority of teens who have kids, have no means to care for that child.

So the child grows up in poverty, with little love, and turns out to be a menace to society. Recently in my town a 17 year old girl had a baby, when it was a month old her and her boyfriend took it to bed with them, in the middle of the night the father rolled over and killed the baby 'accidently'.

There's nothing good that comes out of teenage pregnancy and to ruin not only the mothers life, but the new borns life as well just because she had to have it, is a completely ridiculous reason.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Last I checked the age at which a woman could control when and where her water broke was what? 21? Right?

It's like some biogenetic thing where once mature and responsible enough a woman can simply choose exactly where she goes into labor...

Even if this was real... SHE shouldn't be embarrassed the stupid kids screaming like a bunch of idiots should be... it's a baby not a field goal (even if it was real)

and then people come along and say...

"The State shouldn't pay for this"

Soooo... live without the retirement money children survive... people who say these things will 100% deserve the lonliness and poverty of old age they have coming because there are no children to pay taxes and the old outnumber the young

when exactly should people reproduce at 38 for one kid with a 46% chance of birth defect?

you need lots of money to give LOVE what... the West is running out of food or giving it away to the third world to feed there 9 kids somewhere else with your money anyway?

What utter disgust I feel

When I see Brits and Americans bagging and refusing to help young women to bare them ancestors and children and make their nations strong again

like even in the worst depression ever America and Britain can't feed children and women

such self loathing and contempt for human life

such a loveless life to live, so selfish

Those that buy the depopulation theories will simply be.... depopulated

3 kids and counting

The best way I can ever say FU to the NWO

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Last I checked the age at which a woman could control when and where her water broke was what? 21? Right?

err what?

women can control these things now can they? they have a switch then , sitting in a hospital bed which says ` water break NOW`

or rather , no they don`t - another case , my own daughter - the ultra fast delivery one with no painkillers had to have her waters broken as my wife was pushing (fully dilated) and baby (in waters) was trying to come out.

so , no , theres no magic control `over 21`

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

During my time working over there I was constantly shocked by the behavior of British school age children.

When I told people back in the US that our kids behave like angels compared to the foul mouthed thugs that seem to roam British streets and town centers, people found it hard to believe.

Lord alone knows we have our social problems, especially in the inner cities, but the general societal decay I saw in the UK reminded me of parts of Eastern Europe.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Retseh]

I'm originally from the UK and that's one of the main reasons I moved here to the USA a few years ago. British youth culture is shocking. Even the pleasant upper-middle-class neighborhoods are turned into ghettos by these tracksuit wearing little runts. Makes me sick.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
women can control these things now can they? they have a switch then , sitting in a hospital bed which says ` water break NOW'

Oh, how I wish. Much better than three days worth of contractions ending in surgery.

Back on topic, even knowing what the video was going to show my mouth still dropped open a bit in shock. If this is what it takes to get the point out to teens that they ought to keep their pants on until they are ready to take care of the resulting baby, then more power to them. Talk only goes so far before you have to move beyond it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It has been found that the "shock" METHOD often works when others don't.

Within reason, anything we can do to prevent teen pregnancy is a good idea.

Even if you don't agree with the method, you must applaud the intent.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

whilst we generally don`t agree on many things - star for you , as on this matter i totally concur.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You don't really think women can control when they go into labor do you?

Please tell me you don't?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

You don't really think women can control when they go into labor do you?

Please tell me you don't?

JD, you misunderstand me.

I meant a film/video , even a faked one, ( you do know it was a fake, right?) that is "trying' to prevent teen pregnancy is a good idea.

Sometimes, often time, it takes something dramatic to get the point across.

I feel, you can question their methods, but not their intent.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join