It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS Defends 'Shocking' Schoolgirl Birth Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

NHS Defends

uk.news.yahoo.com

An NHS trust has defended its decision to release a web video of a schoolgirl giving birth that is so shocking it has been banned by YouTube.

NHS Leicester said the footage of a schoolgirl having a baby on a playing field was designed to deliberately "shock" and "provoke" young people
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20/5/09 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
With the UK having amoungst the highest teen pregnancy rates in europe , or even in fact in the world , it IS about time someone tackles this head-on

but the namby pamby PC brigade don`t want to educate because its `shocking` and `graphic`

putting 14 and 15 year olds in a classroom and talking at them isn`t the right way to teach but sadly its what certain people think should be done

anyway the banned video:

THIS IS THE VIDEO AS BANNED

NOT SAFE FOR WORK (maybe)

and everytime you tube delete it - it pops back up again and again

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Personally I don't have a problem with the video at all. Our kids are ruled by the media/social sites these days so getting a shock-tactic video out via Youtube is a good idea. If people are shocked it's because they can't handle the reality. We have the highest teen pregnancy in Europe! Something must be done! It's obviously not being done by schools or parents, so the NHS is right to launch a shock campaign.

I also think banning the video will play well into their hands, cause now the banned video gets more media attention and kids want to see it more.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Good old NHS still fighting back!
I applaud the move and think that anyone who wishes to ban or discredit the video is part of a very big problem.
Obviously many teenage girls dont know the in's and outs of taking care of a child, let alone giving birth to one.
I hope it scares them into chasity pants XD

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As mentioned anything that can be done to stem the appalling tennage pregnancy rates in this country can only be a good thing.

Talk and educate rather than abort or continue to bring more children into unstable situations. No brainer surely.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I've just been on YOUTUBE and there are currently 5/6 vids each 43 seconds long showing this!!!! As you say, as soon as it's gone, someone puts it back. The top rated has nearly 300,000 views. How poor at moderating are they on that site!!!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So now I guess she gets her free council flat and weekly free cash.

Until the UK removes the incentives for these semi-literates to keep spitting out yet more baby thugs and thugettes, you're going to keep having the problem.

During my time working over there I was constantly shocked by the behavior of British school age children.

When I told people back in the US that our kids behave like angels compared to the foul mouthed thugs that seem to roam British streets and town centers, people found it hard to believe.

Lord alone knows we have our social problems, especially in the inner cities, but the general societal decay I saw in the UK reminded me of parts of Eastern Europe.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Retseh]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thats hilarious and obviously fake. You arent going to give birth in the middle of a soccer field.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Hey here in the US women love to go into walmart and pop their brats on the store floors so they can get free gift and money. I think since our local new Wal-Mart store opened we have quite a few Wal-Mart brats.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I thought there was a general blanket ban on all truth across the media. How dare they? Ban it. BAN IT.

Come on, NHS, don't undo all the good work being done by social services, informing young people of all the benefits they are entitled to as soon as they have a child. Not to mention provision of a house.

What next? A video showing an infant screaming till it can hardly breathe with an adolescent mum in tears as she pulls the hair from her head?!

Cotton wool I say. Don't lets break the spell of ignorant bliss.

If we're not careful we'll get people making informed decisions and lessening their dependence on hand-outs. It's an affront to their human rights...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Memysabu-
"Thats hilarious and obviously fake. You arent going to give birth in the middle of a soccer field"

Just a question. It seems anytime somebody post a video, no matter what it may be, there is someone on the forum post who has to cry "fake". Now if every video is a fake, (this is mostly for you skeptics out there) ask yourself than what is real?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

If you read the article, people, it's not real -just a publicity campaign:

The video is deliberately filmed to look like amateur mobile phone footage, although it ends with a slogan from the campaign to reduce the high rate of teenage pregnancy in the city.

I too smelt a rat before reading the article, thinking it was maybe a hoax.

One thing's for sure: this one's going viral.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, there is nothing wrong with the miracle of childbirth itself.... It's not really "gross" or "shocking" to see a woman deliver a child; regardless if you are an adolescent, teenager, or adult. I think the "shocking" part about it really is that instead of a birth at home or in the hospital...surrounded by those who love you...

This poor girl is being videoed by camera phones...surrounded by classmates shouting and pointing....it actually apprears to be incredibly humiliating. It kind of exemplifies the unrepentant teenage behavior which is plagueing the country and causing the teenage pregnancy rate....
Almost like a "responsible" mother would not be birthing like this....She'd be grabbing her bag she packed two weeks ago, having her husband drive her to the hospital, like we see in the movies (though this is most certainly not the case in reality) Like because she is a teen mother she deserves this....

So kind of like "is this what you really imagined your birth experience to be?" I suppose....
Though I do understand the intention, the actual point is quite lost on me....

[edit on 20-5-2009 by awake_awoke]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well I am glad they banned it ....

Now it is guaranteed that every school kid in England
will go out of their way to make sure they see this banned video

Nice One......

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
yes it is ` fake` - but thats not the whole thing about it - its going on facebook and bebo as well , using the `in sites` to get the message accross - use a condom and don`t have a baby till your ready.

and yes , you tube pulling it allready has got daytime tv talking about and the kids themselves want to see it - oh and whether its real or not isn`t the shocker;

the 17 year old son of my neighbour watched it earlier and he was actually stunned - he thought it was a fight , and his jaw dropped when he saw the babies head.

and as for the comment ` it wouldn`t happen in a school field`

totally not true

www.dailymail.co.uk...

women gives birth in hospital toilet (no midwives)

www.nowpublic.com...

^^ teen mum gives birth whilst having shower

article.wn.com...

women gives birth on airplane

and as for time it takes? my own daughter was born in 9 minutes from waters breaking , no painkillers.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me when was it canada that had a huge problem wtih teenage drivers? The only thing that worked was to show actual car wrecks with all the blood and gore as public service announcement. Maybe they want to shock teens to better prepare for sexual activity.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

I've just been on YOUTUBE and there are currently 5/6 vids each 43 seconds long showing this!!!! As you say, as soon as it's gone, someone puts it back. The top rated has nearly 300,000 views. How poor at moderating are they on that site!!!!

ehhh...its the fact that every 10 minutes they get around 10 hours of video. So the fact that things get through undetected isnt that big of a shocker.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by epitaph.one]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
For those non-Uk members...

NHS=UK National Health Services.

I see their point, almost any girl can become pregnant, even young school-girls.

It is certainly a bold attempt to get the point across.

Now boys and girls, what is more embarrassing, watching a schoolgirl give birth or "BEING" that school girl???

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

What so they aren't able to set triggers that will warn them when the same video keeps appearing ad infinitum. Come on.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
Well, there is nothing wrong with the miracle of childbirth itself.... It's not really "gross" or "shocking" to see a woman deliver a child; regardless if you are an adolescent, teenager, or adult. I think the "shocking" part about it really is that instead of a birth at home or in the hospital...surrounded by those who love you...

This poor girl is being videoed by camera phones...surrounded by classmates shouting and pointing....it actually apprears to be incredibly humiliating. It kind of exemplifies the unrepentant teenage behavior which is plagueing the country and causing the teenage pregnancy rate....
Almost like a "responsible" mother would not be birthing like this....She'd be grabbing her bag she packed two weeks ago, having her husband drive her to the hospital, like we see in the movies (though this is most certainly not the case in reality) Like because she is a teen mother she deserves this....

So kind of like "is this what you really imagined your birth experience to be?" I suppose....
Though I do understand the intention, the actual point is quite lost on me....

[edit on 20-5-2009 by awake_awoke]

I agree really. Not that I think teen pregnancy is a good thing, but once they are pregnant there's no reason to judge them. We just have to support them from that point on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join