It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW STS-48 Video - UFOs All Over!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

In your first video in this thread, is that the moons dark shadow in front of the Sun? You can see it to the right of the screen. Just wondering.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007
I can't believe some people still think were alone, thinking humans are the only intelligent life forms in the whole universe.

No one is saying they don't believe aliens exist, I think nearly everyone on this site and over 75% if the world believe we are not alone in the vastness of the Universe. The only thing people are doing is trying to analyze the evidence and come to conclusions. Because they say it isn't an alien controlled spacecraft doesn't mean they don't believe in aliens. If everyone believed that every piece of footage they see was absolute then Ufology would get no where because most of the footage is something explainable, but about 30- 40% is not. This site is all about the pursuit of the truth and that means debating the facts, sometimes the answer isn't what we want to hear but it is what it is.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
wow the first video is awesome! You can clearly see an object slowly move down the screen and then theres a flash and the object moves quickly in the opposite direction. This is just like another video ive seen which shows something being fired out of the earths atmosphere at a ufo and the ufo quickly changes direction to avoid being hit. The question is why is the government firing on these objects? Do they seriously want to pick a fight with a civilization far superior to ours? are they crazy?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Looks like a thruster firing and some movement of space debris.

Blah.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodline

What? theres two objects that fly in one direction, then theres a flash of light and they fly in the opposite direction in a split second at very high speeds. Doesn't seem like the behaviour of space debry to me.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
ok...I've seen alot of the STS vids and I still come back to a few questions...

Q: Shouldn't NASA be deeply concerned with these 'orb like' phenomena? Granted, we haven't heard of any collisions of these orbs with the shuttle, (that we know of) but, even still...

Q: Wouldn't that be major cause for concern for ANY of the Astronauts!

Q: Has NASA even HINTED at what this is?? If so, where are the statements?

I guess I could go on and on.. but, just kinda infuriates me that it's all hush hush when human are being subjected to extremely dangerous missions x 100!!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

video.google.com...

I think you may find this video interesting, It's a documentary of Martyn Stubbs's footage and he is interviewed about it. He talks about how the astronauts are aware of the phenomena and regularly comment about it usually with the use of codenames.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Great vids - s&f...

I always love seeing this type of video and just hope there has been no cgi-editing done. It certainly does not look like there has been.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
At 0:21 in the video, there is a flash of light and the framerate increases greatly. It "seems" to slow back down in a couple seconds if you note the film grains slowing down their erratic movement.

Notice that even though the film grain seems to show that the film is going the same pace as it was prior to 0:21, EVERY unidentified object in the film moves quicker throughout the rest of the footage.

I just thought that was interesting.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This s a great vid

Now someone will have to explain to me the behavoir of swamp gas in space

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Astronauts know what's whatup there don't kid yourself. They also know the ships aren't going to hit them they actually do have there grids.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Bickering and sniping aside, it seems the general consensus here is ' it it moves in a straight linr. no way is it a ufo'. So what, do alien craft have to move in zigzag or curves, just to prove they are extraterrestrial? What sort of logic is that? The quickest route to a point is a straight line. Has anyone noticed how these objects more out of sight from well below the camera line? Out into space? Come on. Surely there are objects in these videos that we have absolutely no idea about.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Some people just amaze me.

Got that right!

What does it take to make people wake up.... oops! I know the ships and the Aliens have to come down and an Alien has to nip them in the butt.

What does it take to make people inject themselves with a little thing called reality? Why does every unexplained phenomenon needs to be a UFO in some people's minds? And why do such people keep their minds closed even when other, less sensational yet much more plausible explanation is presented?

Boggles my mind...

All those stars up there in the sky shining brightly at night are not all stars they are taking there position for the evening.

Not all that glitters is gold. Some of it is garbage. Literally.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
To add to my first reply, to clear some thing up.

First off, I believe just as much that there has to be more "life" out there in the vastness of space as the next guy.

However, just because Aliens can excist, does not mean that in every video we see spaceships are flying around?

First off, where you all see the ice particals/UFO's/Whateveryouthinktheyare "shooting" off, they don't actually shoot off.

I personally think they are still in the same position (or, better yet, still traveling in the same trajectory as they were). But the camera (mounted on a spaceship) DOES move, hence making it look like the anomolies are moving, but in fact they are not! The camera changes (it backs up, turns, whatever).

You have to take into account the level we are working on here. Earth is in the background, and its freaking huge. The particals are very very very close to the camera, and really small. So when the camera moves (be it forward, backward, sideways, whatever) even the slightest movement (wich happens when those burners fire off) it has little to no impact on its view on earth, cuz its so damn huge, but the particles shoot of the the screen.

Heck you can test this yourself, grab your mobile, aim at something big, then hold something tiny realy close, move the camera even as slightly as a milimeter. The big object in the background hardly moves at all, yet the one close moves alot (eventhough you still hold it at the same position.

And thats what this is in my opinion ladies and gentleman. A trick of perception.

This is also why it looks like a partical is travelling all across the planet from one side to another, while in reality, it just flies maybe a meter or so.

I think people need to stop refrencing stuff with the earth, its not fair IMO. Just because something is flying around, doesnt mean its a few kilometres outwards or close to earth, it can in fact be maybe a meter away from the camera.

Does this mean Aliens dont excist? Does this mean UFO's dont excist? No not at all, I believe there is "life" out there somewhere, in whatever shape of form. This however, is not life in my very, very humble opinion.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Tunedbeats]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Why does every unexplained phenomenon needs to be a UFO

Yeah guys why do you have to take every flying object that is not identified and turn around and call it a UFO?
deny ignorace guys

ROFL

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I have seen similar videos from NASA years ago, in which objects seemed to be approaching Earth, then an object on Earth's orbit shoots at one of the incoming objects, and waay before it is hit it reverses speed and goes back from where it came from avoiding being hit by either a fast missile, or some sort of laser weapon.

I wish I had a link to that video, but I lost it over the years.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
reply to post by Komodo

video.google.com...

There's a ufo in that video

Not one they're showing, one that's behind matey when they're talking. At around 27 minutes 35 seconds, comes from behind his head.
check it. (it's probably a bird, but it amused me, cos they were talking about orb ufos at the time)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalph

What does it take to make people inject themselves with a little thing called reality? Why does every unexplained phenomenon needs to be a UFO in some people's minds? And why do such people keep their minds closed even when other, less sensational yet much more plausible explanation is presented?

Boggles my mind...

First of all, obviously you have no idea what UFO means, UFO is "Unidentified Flying Object", which means it is flying, it seems to have some sort of control, and we can't identify it....

An inanimate object approaching Earth doesn't have the energy, nor motive to suddenly change direction and fly away at a much faster speed that it started with being able to avoid the pull from Earth's gravity...

Such an object that can do this, either has a pilot who has intention, and purpose, or is some life form with intention, purpose and a sense of survival, and has the technology to avoid, and at a speed that would render uncouncious a normal pilot flying in an F-15 in a couple of seconds, because of the extreme g-force the object seen in the video undertakes as it completely changes direction and flies away in less than a second.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
The first video, at 18 seconds. Object appears near the top left of the screen and then zooms off at high speed. The camera DOES NOT make any movements for it to be ice crystals going across the camera.

SnF for you!!

Actually there is one near the bottom right that darts away just like the other one, at the exact same time......

I don't think It would makes sense to even believe anything other than that is intelligent beings doing whatever it is they are doing.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, i gave you a S&F for posting that video. To the baove poster, hmm yes, how come NASA always switch to control room when these objects appear in camera view, or even more suspicious, zoom out so the "debris" or whatever it is become out of focus. That is really annoying. I think they could put an end to all these discussions really quick if the astronauts were allowed to take just a short video of some thruster burning, then posting that video in their youtube channel - but nasa will never do that, not even if the astronauts were given a terabyte memorystick for that HD camera.

[edit on 2009/5/20 by reugen]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join