It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New STS-63 UFOs - The Smoking Gun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

The second line was actually a veiled comment as I just cannot see what relevance the air conditioning on the shuttle has to the OP.

I concede that there is very likely a prosaic explanation for this footage, as there is for the majority, and if Jim would just bring his experience and qualifications to bear to provide such an explanation I would be thankful.

Instead we are forced to join a game of innuendo and riddles, born no doubt from the mindset of previous employers. Previous employers who are in essence project managers, the projects funded by the taxpayers but not chosen by them, the benefits realised by a few instead of the majority. Yet when the taxpayers ask questions of the project managers they are ignored at best, ridiculed at worse.

Do the taxpayers really want to smash probes into rocks or would they rather have the answer to what Winston Churchill asked 60 years ago, "Is there any substance to this UFO thing" ?

It shouldn't be as difficult as it is, yet for reasons known only to themselves there are some around who seem to want to make it that way.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xalaran
where is earth in relation to the video is it directly below or it it facing away from earth riding on the dark side facing out to space?

X, that's exactly the right question to ask from the start. It can be hard to answer -- deliberately so, since date/time information is rarely provided in such youtube postings, to prevent verification and context determination.

For the very end of a rendezvous such as this one, the chaser -- the shuttle -- is ahead of the target at the same altitude. The Russian view (with the light) has space above and earth below, and shows the dark earth horizon, depressed from purely vertical by about 18 degrees -- that depends on altitude, it's easy to compute from geometrical principles.

Converting the camera line of sight into a topographic azimuth, in order to match against the known sky, is tricky since the orbit flies in an eastwards, shifting to southeastwards, then back to eastwards and then northeastwards direction over the course of each 92-minute orbit. So the precise timing of the video is needed.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hi all

I became interested in Valerie Ransone enough to conduct a little research on her via the net. I have posted my findings at:

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Happy reading.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by keithb
I became interested in Valerie Ransone enough to conduct a little research on her via the net. I have posted my findings .......

So the trail goes cold thirty years ago?

Good work, good start! I hope some private investigators can advance that list of activities including her present whereabouts, if she's still alive.

I'd be particularly interested in seeing a copy of the shuttle design flaw drawing that Cooper says he brought with him to NASA to warn his colleagues there.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join