It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the alien skeptics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hey im still pretty new here but i would like to try and get as many skeptics of the alien/ufo area to beleive just a little more.

So here are some quotes and evidence : - D

"We can no longer think... is it true? Is it not true? Are they truths or are they lies--if we believe or if we don't believe--no! There are already numerous considerations which make the existence of these beings [extraterrestrials] into a certainty we cannot doubt."

MONSIGNOR CORRADO BALDUCCI
Vatican theologian

"The least improbable explanation is that these things UFO's are artificial and controlled. My opinion for some time has been that they have an extraterrestrial origin."

DR. MAURICE BIOT
Leading aerodynamicists and mathematical physicists

These UFOs are interplanetary devices systematically observing the Earth, either manned or under remote control, or both.”

“Information on UFOs, including sighting reports, has been and is still being officially withheld.”

COLONEL JOSEPH J. BRYAN III
Founding member of the CIA's psychological
warfare staff, advisor to NATO

"If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and scientists. I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one."

PRESIDENT JIMMY CARTER
Presidential campaign 1976

“It was the darndest thing I’ve ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors, and it was about the size of the moon. A red and green glowing orb radiated as it hurtled across the southwestern Georgia skies. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing’s for sure: I’ll never make fun of people who say they’ve seen unidentified flying objects in the sky.”

PRESIDENT JIMMY CARTER

"I believe that UFOs are spaceships or extraterrestrial craft... The nations of the world are currently working together in the investigation of the UFO phenomenon. There is an international exchange of data. Maybe when this group of nations acquires more precise and definite information, it will be possible to release the news to the world."

GENERAL CARLOS CASTRO CAVERO
Spanish Air Force
Former Commander Third Aerial Region

"...I've been asked about UFOs and I've said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization."

COMMANDER EUGENE CERNAN
Commander, Apollo 17 Mission

“Well, if I had been briefed on that [UFOs], I am sure it would have been classified.”

VICE PRESIDENT DICK CHENEY

"We have stacks of reports about flying saucers. We take them seriously when you consider we have lost many men and planes trying to intercept them."

GENERAL BENJAMIN CHIDLAW
Air Defense Command

" . . . When that truth of alien intervention in our planet's affairs and our ongoing contact with an alien culture is finally revealed, it won't be frightening even though it will be a shock."

LT. COLONEL PHILIP CORSO
President Eisenhower's National Security Council Staff

Day After Roswell 1997

"Of course UFOs are real--and they are interplanetary.....The cumulative evidence for the existence of UFOs is quite overwhelming and I accept the fact of their existence."

AIR CHIEF MARSHAL LORD DOWDING
Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Air Force Fighter Command
during the Battle of Britain

"No agency in this country or Russia is able to duplicate at this time the speeds and accelerations which radars and observers indicate these flying objects are able to achieve... there are objects coming into our atmosphere at very high speeds."

ADMIRAL DELMER S. FAHMEY
Former Head U.S. Navy Guided-Missile Program

Last video is very interesting.

Enjoy all

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Haydn_17]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hey....I'm an alien and a skeptic...what was it you wanted.

Oh and your videos don't work by the way.

You only need the bit after the = sign.

Instead of this

http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTZK0y9Cwmc

you just put this

sTZK0y9Cwmc

hope that helps.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
There is a lot of evidence proving UFOs exist.. considering the term was made to express a flying object that is unknown...

The problem comes when you apply a solution. We don't know that they are aliens (unless you have come face to face with one, which many claim, and I will be the last to call them a liar). It's important not to forget that something covered up this well, isn't done entirely through secrecy. By giving military and government officials reason to believe there are aliens, they could be attempting to divert our attention from the truth, perhaps aliens are just a convenient excuse to blame their experiments on. Anyway, nice to see someone with some ambition, welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
There is a lot of evidence proving UFOs exist.. considering the term was made to express a flying object that is unknown...

The problem comes when you apply a solution. We don't know that they are aliens (unless you have come face to face with one, which many claim, and I will be the last to call them a liar). It's important not to forget that something covered up this well, isn't done entirely through secrecy. By giving military and government officials reason to believe there are aliens, they could be attempting to divert our attention from the truth, perhaps aliens are just a convenient excuse to blame their experiments on. Anyway, nice to see someone with some ambition, welcome to ATS.

I see what you mean, we know the UFO's exist.
But we don't know whats inside them.

But when i see people like Edgar mitchell and former military personel saying they are infact aliens i tend to beleive them.

But as you say they could be lieing about the whole thing to cover up something.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hi, , I think you're targeting non alien believers, not sceptics here...

I would be considered a sceptic but I also believe in Aliens/UFO's but I don't believe that every video and sighting is an alien.

Have a look at the link in my sig for another good story

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Why exactly do you want to make skeptiks believe a little more?
Maybe you should try to believe a little less

Think about the people you call credible witnesses, and who they work for (give you a hint: the people you say try to cover up), and what they have to gain by making the world believe there are aliens (Watchmen touched upon this, but in the opposite way)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Why exactly do you want to make skeptiks believe a little more?
Maybe you should try to believe a little less

Think about the people you call credible witnesses, and who they work for (give you a hint: the people you say try to cover up), and what they have to gain by making the world believe there are aliens (Watchmen touched upon this, but in the opposite way)

Because there are things going on in the skies and i beleive there is a coverup, if so it's in the interest of all of mankind.

I don't think the astronauts are working for a secret goverment, i do beleive some parts are the goverment are corrupt but that doesn't make all of them corrupt, if they come forward saying there are aliens visitng us, i don't see why i shouldn't beleive him/her.

It's like a policeman telling you the bridge down the road has collapsed, you obviously beleive him/her because of the authority that person holds.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think many of the sightings and recordings made of UFO's are either staged by people for some media attention or something totally different and just people have taken it and immediately linked it to a UFO.

That being said i do believe in Aliens and a small handful of the sightings there have been could be genuine. This universe is, well huge doesn't even explain how big it is, we are just on one very small rock amongst so much more out there. There has to be something else somewhere.

Maybe one day it will get proved although i very much doubt that will be before i have passed on.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
seems i missed this little thread

let me help

Me: do you think ufos are ET's
Skeptic : nah no way
Me: why?
Skeptic : its to crazy and i want proof
Me: but you live on a rock going round a sun? what more do you want

skeptics deny because of god, always remember that !

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
seems i missed this little thread

let me help

Me: do you think ufos are ET's
Skeptic : nah no way
Me: why?
Skeptic : its to crazy and i want proof
Me: but you live on a rock going round a sun? what more do you want

skeptics deny because of god, always remember that !

Your correct in some aspects

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

My skeptism has nothing to do with god.

Can you elaborate more on what you mean?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

sure!

what put you here?

let me point out something very very clear .. you can not have it both ways

either you was made by our lord "in that way" or you just well was made another way "evolution ect"

So what ever mode or choice you still get the same answer correct?

: )

You are here.. and you find that normal but aliens from another planet not normal ?

you demand proof when in fact in order to even ask the question requires?

yes that is right YOU to be here

work it out its very logical

Do no deny your own very being or what you are .. # god and # aliens

you are here is what counts my friend the logical reasons for aliens is YOU

was that enough elaboration ? or shall i try better?

little off topic quote here

"the man who thought the world was flat and it was.. he was looking at his feet"

get it?

[edit on 21-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I am one to also believe we are being visited and have been visited in the past. I think the problem is the lack of a smoking gun type of evidence to prove extraterrestrial visitation. A piece of a space craft or alien DNA would be a great find, but the government would probably go at great lengths to hide such evidence.

I also believe a few crashes have been caused by alien craft. However, the government will not tell us as they want to keep any knowledge learned from such craft to themselves.

The hardcore debunkers and mainstream science are the ones to try and convince. Good luck with that one!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
It's like a policeman telling you the bridge down the road has collapsed, you obviously beleive him/her because of the authority that person holds.

Following that logic, you must believe that whatever the government tells you about UFOs, or anything else, is true.

You may as well give up your search for UFOs right now.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I think you've got skeptic mixed up with non-believer.

I don't disbelieve aliens exist, the odds are far too great but at the same time I'm going to be very skeptical of UFO sightings because IMHO genuine sightings are very rare.

It's gotta be better than a fuzzy youtube video

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm a skeptic believer.
I'm quite sure aliens are real and here.

But people, whoever they are, saying "UFOs are real" is no evidence.
The only real evidence is the aliens themselves come and say "hey earthlings, WTF are you doin' to your planet ?" (or something like that =p).

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by agnain
I'm a skeptic believer.
I'm quite sure aliens are real and here.

But people, whoever they are, saying "UFOs are real" is no evidence.
The only real evidence is the aliens themselves come and say "hey earthlings, WTF are you doin' to your planet ?" (or something like that =p).

Or replace that with "WTF are you doing on OUR planet"

Now that would be funny to see.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Following that logic, you must believe that whatever the government tells you about UFOs, or anything else, is true.

You may as well give up your search for UFOs right now.

I have a bad way of putting my thoughts into words..

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I agree
but the reason why i say skeptics is that one only needs to admit it, then one can be "a" believer ; )

I do understand you wish to see proof as do i! but one does not require "crappy fuzzy youtube fakes and fuzzyness"

; )

all it takes is a bit of logic

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by agnain

no this is a not the case.. you have to understand history in order to understand that you are here ?

you see aliens cant just come down and say HI THERE! its not in our intrest for them or us

its how it works !

life is not just about you or me its about LIFE it self and what it DOES

aliens ask questions just like you do ; )

new topics

top topics

join