It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 million yr old lemur debunks Human/ET link?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hi all,

after reading lots of news in the last couple of days about this 47 million year old Lemur creature, I thought I would now pose this question to all,

If the lemur/human link turns out to be true, does this debunk any link that humans have to ET's.

The whole idea of humans being genetically created from Lemurians for the African Gold mines ETC.

What will this Lemur story do for your beliefs on this?

I personally smell a rat with this lemur story. I am not sure what, but its funny timing with all the crap going on in the world and the X conference giving the US Government til the end of the month to disclose all.

Is all this connected somehow??

what are your thoughts?

G

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
We have enough of these threads!
But to answer your question this discovery has no effect on my daily life whatsoever. Please search before you make a new thread.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by tim1989]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

i have done a search regarding this topic and an ET connection, but i found nothing.

This thread is in the Alien UFO forum because its specifically about the Human/ET connection.

As far as I have read the other posts about this are not on this topic.

G,

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Doesn't debunk anything I'm afraid, who's to say the lemur monkey didn't evolve naturally and the ET's 'coerce' our evolution in history?

After all, this fossil IS 47 million years old.

My life certainly hasn't changed from this, just another fossil from Earth's history.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I have not seen the show, like everyone else. But reading over the sites just explains one thing to me thus far: monkeys came from lemurs. Does not show me that we branched from monkeys.

Heil the Girl Lemur Overlords !!!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hi this is wicked I believe in aliens and i'm in ICT in school now lol but im on this

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Yo im goin now but i'll catch up with you all at lunch see ya

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
But reading over the sites just explains one thing to me thus far: monkeys came from lemurs. Does not show me that we branched from monkeys.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by timewalker]

EXACTLY! Why is this being touted as THE missing link??I'll admit I have not read too much in depth of this so called "ground breaking" discovery, but when I hear "missing link" this isn't what I am expecting. Though it's not as if I am sitting around anticipating the discovery of the missing link either.

This does nothing to debunk ET intervention or spirituality in my opinion. Nor does it prove my great great great great.....etc grandfather was a Lemur!

What do these scientists use to prove the missing link theory and how does this lemur even connect it?

This is frustrating.

Edited for grammar......

[edit on (5/20/09) by gnosis111]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Opposable thumbs, forward facing eyes and unique bones we share are their evidence.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
"G"Day Wise Ones,

Sorry it's not "THE" missing link!!!

It's just a link between early primates and apes, not ape's too humans. It's all media hype I am afrade, verry interesting though.

As for the Anunnaki interfearance, it's been going on long before our little german fossle got stuck in the mud.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Kernoonos]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I think science does not always get it 100% right, so this may
or may not be what they think.

Many theories end up later being proven incorrect.

Science is getting much better, and I have high hopes for it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Not that i support things one way or the other on this but, I allways find it amusing when someone makes an incredible claim that contains the word "Debunked" only to view the subject matter and come to the conclusion that the word "Debunked" is such an overshot its laughable.

This just aint solid. and in turn it is just another theory .

Personally i (and other members) find that sort of thing deceiving .

Would be nice to have something concrete one day,and so i wait.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
like the man said,'if it sounds too good to be true,it probably is'. its a too neatly packaged find for my liking. and have you noticed how the professional atheists will accept we came from a lemur [very nasty animals.big tails] but wont accept the possibility of anything else.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Aye, good point mate.

But Iv always thought there has been some intervention by some other beings too, but really i highly doubt it. I mean, if every civilization in the universe had some divine intervention to get them started, Then who gave the 1st ever civilization there divine intervention? When there would of been no others but them in the universe?

Evolution is probably how everything works to be honest. If something has been living for over 45million + years, then its more than definite that its going to pick up allot of special features, like out selves.

This whole thing doesn't interest me to be honest, I'll still watch it though! but i think 95% of people would of thought it would of been bigger news, to hear who's to blame about the recession. Or why NASA have been blatantly covering up UFO's on there footage. Or why they haven't gone back to the moon.

I can tell you now, these 2 shows that are going to air on BBC1(26thmay) and history channel(25thmay), there will be more people watching Eastenders or Hollyoaks(Uk Tv Shows). It just that aint important, and also doesn't show that we evolved from monkeys

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This just doesn't make much sense to me. We seem to have a problem with the way evolution is being presented to us.

This lemur is 47million years old and is being touted as proof. What about the other guys in the picture. What about the dudes that walked around on their hands half the time and standing up the other half.

What about the other fella's after him that walked around hunch-backed. Then the guys after him that walked around a little more up-right.

How is it that they can find a fossil of 47million years, but can't find one of 20m, 13, 7m, 2m. There are about 6-7 stages presented in evolution and this seems to be about the earliest.

What happend to the rest of the guys? Surely there is at least one fossil record of each of the stages. They must all, or most, be shown as proof before anyone can conclude that we evolved the same way as other life on this Earth.

Surely they can show us that these earlier species of man truly existed, intelligently, before they can assume we should believe the evolution theory as a pre-cursor to our own existence in it's current state.

Edit to add: Why is it believed that we, in our current state, are no longer physically evolving, but emerged from evolution its self? Are they postulating that we have evolved into a physically perfect form?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by esteay812]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The actual news was "POSSIBLE" missing link found. Not "ABSOLUTE PROOF".

So the bones are somewhat like that of a Lemur. Why did evolution not dramatically change the Lemurs that are all over the jungles today?

In my opinion, this is nothing more than wishful thinking.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The assumption has always been that the aliens tinkered with some kind of cave man...

finding a 47 million year old ancestor doesn't change the chance that one day that lemur would become a chimp that would become a caveman that would be tweaked into us

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The suggestion that it "debunks" anything presupposes there is a tangible, coherent theory to debunk in the first place. The principles of the theory of evolution more than adequately explain the leap between early primates and humans, with or without lemurs that have opposing thumbs. That theory of evolution has proved itself to be true beyond all reasonable doubt.

The hypothesis for Extra terrestrial engineering of humanity, on the other hand, has absolutely no shred of evidence to support it. That isn't my main problem with it though. The whole idea is smothered in a woefully arrogant sense of humanity's remarkableness - that we are so special, so far removed from our ape cousins to be inexplicable to science alone, when in fact we haven't come terribly far at all, and indeed in many aspects of our behaviour and personalities have literally gone nowhere.

The concept that all other animal life is simple enough for science to create, but that we're so special as a species that we must be the result of some kind of artificial intervention, is unbearably conceited and lacking in humility. Indeed, it patronises nature.

By all means believe what you wish, and refuse to believe concepts you feel oppress or deceive you - but I would encourage everyone to look at the world in a more enlightened way. This place and its inhabitants are so remarkable as to beggar belief. All its inhabitants. Not just us. We ain't all that.

Now, that isn't to say that there wasn't extra-terrestrial influence SOMEWHERE in our history. But it seems to me desperately unlikely to have been All About Us....

LW

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No, this doesn't debunk the human/ET link. I tend to side with Sitchin & Von Danniken on this one, that "ancient astronauts" found a primative human species, altered us for whatever reason (hopefully benign), and are either among us or watching closely to monitor our progress. Sitchin points to our fossil record as back-up for his theories...the massive gap between modern Homo-Sapien-Sapiens and our most immediate predecessors. This new discovery predates that gap by MILLIONS of years, so this lemur-thing or whatever they found...is merely the ancestor of the primative beings that were genetically altered to produce modern humans.

Or at least, that's the way I've put it together

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
thanks for your comments. I think it will be interesting to see what comes of this lemur creature in time.

I am still on the fence regarding this at the moment.

What i cant understand is, why have we only found one of these things? why havent there been traces of others?

this one seems to be in such great condition too.

<<   2 >>

join