It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

maybe if??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
maybe if

was looking at
+
he wouldnt get sore eyes

+ :bash: makes people feel like :bnghd:

personally stubborn attitudes of people who are so determined to prove they are more correct than others make me feel like

I try to put across opinions that help me look at life and
so I can and play like . Kids know what its about, having fun
. Sometimes my head just cause I truely dont mean to have arguements just putting a point of view across

God to me is reflected in the tree and the flower. God is the bee and God is reflected in you and me
Maybe God is experiencing life through us all and maybe God just feels like
when He hears us dogmatically proving how right we may be, or better still how more perfect one persons interpretation of words is compared to anothers therefore proving to themselves how wrong some one else opinon is... .. So God bless all religion all faith and all spiritual people. They are doing the best they can with what they have, what culture they were born in to and I for one will never be blind
to the fact that a Hindu or a Buddhist are just as spiritual as a Christian or a Muslim or a JW... We are one but we are many...now who said that?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by flashesofblue]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashesofblue
Maybe God is experiencing life through us all and maybe God just feels like
when He hears us dogmatically proving how right we may be, or better still how more perfect one persons interpretation of words is compared to anothers therefore proving to themselves how wrong some one else opinon is... .. So God bless all religion all faith and all spiritual people. They are doing the best they can with what they have, what culture they were born in to and I for one will never be blind
to the fact that a Hindu or a Buddhist are just as spiritual as a Christian or a Muslim or a JW... We are one but we are many...now who said that?

and what if someone is wrong? what happens then?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

thank you for responding

and what if someone is wrong? what happens then?

Firstly how do we know someone is wrong? unless they do the opposite to the Deut 5: 16-21 quote which appears to be a world wide concept that goes beyond religion and is accepted in most of the worlds faiths. (What happens if a child is molested and bashed by their parents, how can they apply Deut 5: 16?)

I think following the basic prinicple set out by God shows a wonderful life and a wonderful person, why would God destroy His child who has only shown love for his fellow kind. this external link shows how I visualise Gods love for us, no matter how old we are, I feel God sees us like the picture. When I see my children I still picture them like this sometimes and I will always forgive them, and love them unconditionally, they are my children as we are Gods...all of us. Some of God's children were very hurt by the church in the name of Jesus Christ they suffered terribly. I believe in my God being the God of Unconditional and Forgivenss. Some people just get caught in a web of horror, drinking drugging and lost in a world of lies and deceit they spiral out of control into the darkness of their existence. If they die on the street with a needle in their arm, a history of rape and no faith in God or Jesus Christ then I will always believe God will still love them because they were sick. sometimes people murders but are are mentally unstable at the time therefor sick, I believe God will stand by them too, as they often acknowledge the error of their ways. those who kill with pleasure are very dark...God knows what will happen to them

Jesus Came for the sick ones not the healthy ones

Deut 5: 16-21: Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. 17 You shall not kill, 18 Neither shall you commit adultery. 19 Neither shall you steal. 20 Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbour. 21 Neither shall you covet your neighbour’s wife. Neither shall you desire your neighbour’s house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.

take care

[edit on 20-5-2009 by flashesofblue]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Some of God's children were very hurt by the church in the name of Jesus Christ they suffered terribly. I believe in my God being the God of Unconditional and Forgivenss. Some people just get caught in a web of horror, drinking drugging and lost in a world of lies and deceit they spiral out of control into the darkness of their existence. If they die on the street with a needle in their arm, a history of rape and no faith in God or Jesus Christ then I will always believe God will still love them because they were sick. sometimes people murders but are are mentally unstable at the time therefor sick, I believe God will stand by them too, as they often acknowledge the error of their ways. those who kill with pleasure are very dark...God knows what will happen to them

so in other words there is no true evil in the world, just a population of ultimately misunderstood people?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

thank you again Miriam. Its been fun all this chatting. I will answer your question with your own words posted in "The pre-creation existence of Jesus"

GOD created jesus. GOD created all other things through jesus. (proverbs 8:22-36; col 1:13-16; john 1:3)

and answered also by the quote you quoted in 'The pre-creation existence of Jesus'

Col 1:13-16 "..In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins...Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him..."

So therefore if all things were created by him, including the dominions, principalities, the visible and the invisible then he is totally and completely responsible for it therefor there will be alot of forgiving going on.... No wonder Jesus was sent by the Father to die for the sins of mankind, since Jesus according to the above quotes created the concept of discerning what is sin and what is good, in the first place....

Anyway some people are down right nasty, enjoying their horrid nastiness and I am sure they will be disintegrated or what ever it is God does to the real nasty ones...

I am going to return to my studies and leave this mind warp of intergalatic speech travel behind me. Its been wonderful. When I look at the solar system, at the enormity of it all, planets floating around, our sun very small in comparision to other suns and other solar systems out there, I understand that its ok not to understand, just to accept that this planet is my home and all humans are my family, originating from God the source of Love.

May love fill your life Miriam. I am grateful you have contributed to my general understanding of this web site and your input has been wonderful. You research very well and can back your points with excellent biblical references. I hope you continue to fly on the wings of angels and dance to the music in your heart, may the Love of God continue to shine through you, lighting up the lives of many you come into contact with.

regards
Flashes of Blue

[edit on 21-5-2009 by flashesofblue]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

So therefore if all things were created by him, including the dominions, principalities, the visible and the invisible then he is totally and completely responsible for it therefor there will be alot of forgiving going on.... No wonder Jesus was sent by the Father to die for the sins of mankind, since Jesus according to the above quotes created the concept of discerning what is sin and what is good, in the first place....

Anyway some people are down right nasty, enjoying their horrid nastiness and I am sure they will be disintegrated or what ever it is God does to the real nasty ones...

doesnt quite answer my question, but ok

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
" we are many but one "

good lord:shk: Yea but truth is not divided, if all religions are true then God is false.

Is there any, ANY understanding in todays world?

any?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

" we are many but one "

good lord:shk: Yea but truth is not divided, if all religions are true then God is false.

Is there any, ANY understanding in todays world?

any?

That is like saying either 4+4=8 or 6+4=10 can't be true at the same time.

Only those without understanding and have just accepted what they are told won't be able to tell there each is a true.

You listen to Jesus, but you do not hear him. You listen and you repeat 4+4=8, but because you do not understand you do not hear.

You know how to add, so you can hear me when I speak of 4+4=8. And you can also hear me when I speak 6+4=10.

Surely you also understand the difference in memorizing 6+4=10 and understanding 6+4=10.

Now, to the OP. This is the deal.

You can not understand hot or cold unless you have experienced both. You could be 1 temperature, but you wouldn't know or understand it unless there was another temperature. Someone could tell you that you were hot or cold, and you could repeat that. But until you experience both then you will not understand the concept of them.

And so this is true with good and evil. This world has evil because it is meant to give you understanding between the 2. You are then to use this experience and gain that understanding and make the correct choice as to which you want to be and so on. To have knowledge, understanding and experience and then make the correct choices based on it is to have wisdom.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Badmedia that makes no sense.

I do hear God, and what I'm saying is that all religions cannot be true.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia But until you experience both then you will not understand the concept of them.

so, in order to understand the concept of enjoying food, one need to starve?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

Originally posted by badmedia But until you experience both then you will not understand the concept of them.

so, in order to understand the concept of enjoying food, one need to starve?

Well, that isn't exactly inline with what I mean. The 2 things are somewhat non-related and not really opposites. The opposite of starving is being full. Thus one could always be full, but it would be all they knew unless they had also felt hunger. Then and only then could they tell the difference.

What I talk about is laid out in genesis though. Take from the tree of knowledge, and then you will know both good and evil. Not a coincidence it is mentioned like that.

Here's a quick summary of things.

We are in the garden, we take from the tree of knowledge to know both good and evil. Because we are now capable of evil, we are removed from the garden and quarantined on earth, where evil is king. This is done to protect the tree of life, which man would destroy in his evil. Where as those who are good wouldn't. You are born ignorant, and thus you are born without wisdom and you will sin.

So you come to earth to learn this lesson. You are born, you spend your life dealing with both good and evil. Based on the experience of this lifetime, you will learn and come to know both good and evil. You are doing this know already by default. I can ask you if certain actions are good or evil and you can tell me.

Wisdom is to use the knowledge, experience and understanding one has gained in order to make the correct/right choice. Thus, once you have gained the knowledge, experience and understanding of good and evil, it is then up to you to make the wise choice and choose the good. At which point, you will be following the commandments and doing as Jesus says. Jesus comes to the earth being the good, and thus an example of the wise choice.

Once you start to make these changes and using wisdom, then you are automatically forgiven. Because then it is no longer an issue. Same as if you take your finger off a stove eye, it stops burning you automatically because you are no longer making the error. Still going to reap what you sowed for a short time, but the source of it has stopped and will no longer be sowed. All that is wanted is for people to learn and gain the wisdom.

So, when you make the wise choices and gain that wisdom, then you will choose the good and then you can once again live in the garden/heaven. Because as I said before, if you are evil then your very presence will make the place impossible.

It is no coincidence that this is the case, and the father just so happens to give in understanding, knowledge and wisdom and these things are considered to be more valuable than gold.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Badmedia that makes no sense.

I do hear God, and what I'm saying is that all religions cannot be true.

No religions are true, but each contains truth and understanding within it. Where you find truth, understanding and wisdom, you will find the father.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well jesus said you find the father through only jesus not in other religions.

Each might contain a truth of morality, but not all but only one contains the truth of the saviour.

God bless you.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"We are one but we are many...now who said that?"

and Jesus asked: do you have a name.

and they said:
Call us "legion, cause we are so many"
and Jesus said: go out of that body
and the legion answerd: where shall we go?
and Jesus replied: do you see the pics? go in there
and the legion flow into the pigs, which all fall down the hill and died..

end of story

Nia

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well jesus said you find the father through only jesus not in other religions.

Each might contain a truth of morality, but not all but only one contains the truth of the saviour.

God bless you.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You are looking at Jesus as an idol, not what he represents. He states it very clear in the same sentence. It is by those things that one can come to the father.

Further down in the same chapter:

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So he even says in the same chapter that if you don't love and keep his sayings, you can still hear the father. Which pretty much blows everything you say out of the water straight from his mouth.

To suggest that god doesn't care about the majority of the world or good people throughout the world is an insult.

The "only" Jesus stuff is nothing more than a marketing ploy for those seeking converts and control over others in his name.

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So he even says in the same chapter that if you don't love and keep his sayings, you can still hear the father. Which pretty much blows everything you say out of the water straight from his mouth.

where does it say that?

the verse has 2 separate thoughts separated by a colon.

then he is also saying the words which "YE" hear, does this mean that his disciples didnt love him?

i dont think you are even really reading the verse

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It is from John 14. I gave you the verse numbers as well as a few verses following it.

www.biblegateway.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i know where it is badmedia, what im saying is you are not actually reading it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
i know where it is badmedia, what im saying is you are not actually reading it.

Actually, I experienced it for myself. So there is no question to me if John 14 is true or not, or if I am "reading it".

That chapter describes what happens when someone is born again/born of the spirit. It is the chapter that got me to take a deeper look at the bible to begin with. IE: I was literally amazed at the detail in which it describes my experience.

I didn't love Jesus, I didn't keep his sayings and I didn't care about it at all. I was looking for truth, had a vision that included the father. After the vision I was given much understanding and the majority of what I speak of today.

So, it all started with John 14:20, which is the day I knew the father was within me and the day I meet the father. As I did not love or keep what Jesus said, it was the father I heard. And that was followed by John 14:26.

Basically it's like this. If I am not reading it correctly, then your religion is an even bigger lie than I thought. Why did you not even bother to post the "correct" reading?

Honestly, I have little care what you think about it, I have yet to see any real understanding from a Christian, only blind faith. Despite the fact that god says he will give those who find him early much wisdom and understanding.

Before Abraham was, I Am.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

As I did not love or keep what Jesus said, it was the father I heard.
I have to be sceptical of your so-called wisdom.
Read this and tell me how you can still be right:

Acts 3: 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Jesus is who God sent to speak to us and if we do not listen to him and take heed, we are condemned.
And I should not fail to point out that I think you are wrong to think Adam and Eve did the right thing to eat of the forbidden fruit. Knowing evil is not necessary for knowing good. That is a horrible thought that makes God out to be an evil person.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join