It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA.mil Website - Gov't Programs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ever since the 90s, I have visited DAPRA's website (darpa.mil) from time to time. Browsing around at the various DOD programs never ceases to amaze me. Just imagining the future implications of these programs is astounding. There is always a saying that the military is usually one or two generations more advanced than what is in the civilian market. Seeing these programs helps paint a picture. Check out some sample programs that caught my attention:

Self-Healing Minefield

Peak Soldier Performance

www.darpa.mil...

Quantum Sensors Program (QSP)

Blood Pharming

Multi Dimensional Mobility Robot (MDMR)

Advanced Soldier Sensor Information System and Technology (ASSIST)

Fracture Putty

LANdroids

Camouflaged Long Endurance Nano Sensors (CLENS)

Architecture-Aware Compiler Environment (AACE)

Bootstrapped Learning (BL)

Biological Sensory Structure Emulation

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Those topics sound interesting but I find more interesting technological developments that will soon lead to new products. I remember reading about a means to reflect light using nanotechnology that could in effect make an item become invisible if the entire surface was covered.

Many other items of interest pop up all the time.
For instance you can make oil out of algae at vastly better efficiences than other materials.
www.isa.org...

another link to many other developments.
/pl4xhl
The above is a link at isa.org latest development news. I find their news to be quite interesting.

I suppose my link has many programs that have some type of government involvement. These developments are closer to the application phase instead of development in my opinion.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You know what guys???

Ok, heres my wish list.

I wish that DARPA would have a program to spend time and the money to invent a system that can predict earthquakes. I know they can but the government wants to prevent it from doing so because that would mean more people killed to reduce population.

Think about it....If DARPA can use systems to look through buildings and to look through foilage to track enemies behind them, they can probably have or design a system to predict earthquakes....

Do you all agree?

new topics

join