It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking false claims about Jehovah's Witnesses. 1-14

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

hello texas!

It would be smarter of you to read the previous replies to this thread before posting.... some of your concerns have already been addressed.

As far as the cross: yes... in the beginning years, before the truth about the cross was known, it was the accepted "Christian" symbol. They also celebrated Christmas and did other things that was later discovered to be FALSE.

Unlike other "Christian" faiths, we have no problem changing our beliefs when a better understanding is revealed.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar

hello texas!

It would be smarter of you to read the previous replies to this thread before posting.... some of your concerns have already been addressed.

As far as the cross: yes... in the beginning years, before the truth about the cross was known, it was the accepted "Christian" symbol. They also celebrated Christmas and did other things that was later discovered to be FALSE.

Unlike other "Christian" faiths, we have no problem changing our beliefs when a better understanding is revealed.

I didn't want to read the other replies. I wanted to give a fresh reply.
There is archaeological proof for the cross not a stake.
You mentioned 'revealed'. Who gets the revelation?

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e67596dedd95.jpg[/atsimg]
No cross on it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Below is the memorial erected by the Watchtower Society in honor of Pastor Russell. Note Pastor Russell’s grave in the background.

This pyramid was placed as a memorial, expressing to onlookers on what was most inspirational in Pastor Russell life. This stone witness testifies about Pastor Russell’s and his followers’ true beliefs, and the origin of the doctrines of the WTS. Note the cross and crown emblem of the WTS, and also the "Watchtower And Tract Society" carved in stone.

I don't know how to get the pictures to show up.

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You are the typical person that parrots fallacies without even bothering to do some research on the matter. Really look into things before boldly stating them as facts.

about Russell and the pyramid

about the cross

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Who gets the revelation?

ANYONE who cares to really seek for the truth, gets the truth revealed to them. You just have to have the right attitude, and the right motives before God's eyes.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You are the typical person that parrots fallacies without even bothering to do some research on the matter. Really look into things before boldly stating them as facts.

about Russell and the pyramid

about the cross

I have research by others. I even have a Collier's Nov 2, 1946 magazine that talks about the JWs false doctrine. Here's what the Collier magazine got from the JWs:

"The Witnesses prophesy that suddenly, on some day between now and the year 1984. Gabriel's trumpet will blow. Christ's voice then will announce in loud tones that the final end is at hand, and God's hosts will descend from the heavens to fight the Battle of Armageddon with Satan's overwhelming numbers. God, of course, will win this battle and the "Great Theocracy" will then be established on earth. God will rule instead of men, and the only human beings left to enjoy this rule will be the Jehovah's Witnesses."

Hummm, nothing happened "again" from 1946-1984. Another false prophecy.

The pyramid
www.jehovahswitnesstruth.com...

The cross
www.jehovahswitnesstruth.com...

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Who gets the revelation?

ANYONE who cares to really seek for the truth, gets the truth revealed to them. You just have to have the right attitude, and the right motives before God's eyes.

Don't you all get your revelation's from the Watch Tower?

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

LOL!!! again, you are just parroting.

And of course you trust and believe these sources of yours because they say what you want to believe about JW's.

And again... the "false prophecies" accusation has already been addressed here and on another thread. Your contribution to this thread is mediocre at best.

You're welcome!
Maribel

[edit on 13-6-2009 by holywar]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Nothing is mediocre.
The fact is that the JW's had set dates and nothing came from them.
The JW's blindly obey those over them.
The JW's believe they have to work to get to Heaven.
God isn't going to send someone to Hell for having a blood transfusion. How many people have died because of that stupid theology. Plus if the witness gets a blood transfusion they can continue on to witness instead of dying.

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

jw's never claimed to be prophets. people make speculation all the time, and ALL the dates presented by the JW org have been presented as speculation.

actually they are directed to the bible. nothing "blind" about it

no they dont. id suggest you actually look into this more.

God isn't going to send someone to Hell for having a blood transfusion. How many people have died because of that stupid theology. Plus if the witness gets a blood transfusion they can continue on to witness instead of dying.

so, you say "nothing is mediocre" and then say that god's law is mediocre?

your not being reasonable

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
Nothing is mediocre.

Thanks,
TT

WOW! mediocre indeed!!!!

It's so painfully obvious that you know NOTHING about JW's

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

WOW! mediocre indeed!!!! It's so painfully obvious that you know NOTHING about JW's

Prove me wrong.

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Prove me wrong.

What for? Would I be worthy of your non prejudiced Christian love if I did?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Prove me wrong.

What for? Would I be worthy of your non prejudiced Christian love if I did?

I guess you can't prove me wrong then.

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I guess you can't prove me wrong then.

I guess I don't want to waist my time

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig The fact is that the JW's had set dates and nothing came from them.

Originally posted by miriam0566 jw's never claimed to be prophets. people make speculation all the time, and ALL the dates presented by the JW org have been presented as speculation.

• In 1877 they said, "THE END OF THIS WORLD... is nearer than most men suppose.…"5

• In 1886 they said, "The time is come for Messiah to take the dominion of the earth…."6

• In 1889 they said, "... we present proofs that the setting up of the kingdom of God has already begun ... and that ‘the battle of the great day of God almighty’ (Revelation 16:14), which will end in AD 1914 with the complete overthrow of the earth’s present rulership, is already commenced."7 (In their 1915 edition of this same book they changed "AD 1914" to "AD 1915.")

• On July 15, 1894 they said, "We see no reason for changing the figures—nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God’s dates not ours (emphasis added). But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble" (p. 1677 of Reprints, see note 4).

• In 1904 they said, "The stress of the great time of trouble will be on us soon, somewhere between 1910 and 1912 culminating with the end of the ‘times of the Gentiles,’ October 1914."8

• On May 1, 1914 they said, "There is absolutely no ground for Bible students to question that the consummation of this gospel age is now even at the door.... The great crisis... that will consume the ecclesiastical heavens and the social earth, is very near."9
But the year 1914 ended without a single one of these predictions coming true.10
Sources:
5 N. H. Barbour and C. T. Russell, Three Worlds and the Harvest of This World (Rochester: Barbour and Russell, 1877), p.17; cited in Edmund Gruss, The Jehovah’s Witnesses and Prophetic Speculation (Nutley, NJ: Presbyterian & Reformed, 1972), p. 82.
6 Zion’s Watchtower and Herald of Christ’s Presence, January, 1886, p. 1 (Reprints, Vol. 2, p. 817. Available from Chicago Bible Students.)
7 C. T. Russell, The Time Is at Hand (Allegheny, PA: WBTS, 1889), p. 101; cited in Gruss, Jehovah’s Witnesses and Prophetic Speculation, op. cit., p. 83.
8 C. T. Russell, The New Creation (WBTS, 1904), p. 579; cited in Gruss, ibid., p. 84.
9 The Watchtower, May 1, 1914, p. 134 (Reprints p. 5450).
10 Ibid., pp. 23-26.

Originally posted by TexastigThe JW's blindly obey those over them.

Originally posted by miriam0566actually they are directed to the bible. nothing "blind" about it.

So if you don't go out and witness like your leaders say to do what will happen to you? What if you do take blood after a wreck, what will your leaders say to you?

Originally posted by miriam0566no they dont. id suggest you actually look into this more.

When a person, on the basis of the Scriptural knowledge he has gained, has belief in Christ as the Savior whom God provided and shows that faith by his works, he can consider himself as being on the way to salvation. It would be a mistake for him to think that he is now saved and cannot fall. He must show by his endurance in the Christian faith that he is worthy of salvation. "Let him that thinks he has a firm position beware that he does not fall." 1 Cor. 10:12... Salvation from death is a gift from God to those that obey him, not to those that disobey," (Watchtower, March 1, 1960, p. 134).

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Classic cut and paste by texastig (yawn).

NOTE: This reply is NOT for texastig, but for honestly interested readers:

"false prophecies"

saved by faith or works?

blood transfusions

witnessing

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You copy and paste also.
All I did was quote from the JW's sources as I will now.

This is for everyone also.

Does the Watchtower Society admit to false prophecy?
Jehovah’s Witnesses have admitted serious errors. In their official Watchtower publication, Man’s Salvation (1975), they now admit that Charles Taze Russell was wrong in his 1874 prediction of Christ’s second coming. They admit that they were wrong in their 1914 prediction. They admit that they were wrong in their prediction of 1925. They admit that they were wrong about their prediction in 1975.

See this video: Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that salvation is a gift provided by God, free to anyone who will believe?
johnankerberg.com...

See more at www.johnankerberg.org
www.johnankerberg.org...

Thanks,
TT

[edit on 6/14/2009 by texastig]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

LOL! have a good night

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>