It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking false claims about Jehovah's Witnesses. 1-14

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Angels can manifest bodies as in the case of the two in Sodom and Gomorrah. Demons can not manifest bodies which is why they begged Jesus to let them go into a heard of pigs.

has the possibility ever occurred to you that that ability was taken away from them so as to prevent a nephilim problem in the future?

seems logical to me that if the nephilim ruined the world to a point that god had to intervene, that god would prevent the possibility from happening again.

ofcourse you are going to believe what you want.

I am pretty certain a Fallen Angel is the source of inspiration for the Watchtower cult. The replacement theology and Arianism is obviously Satanic. It is not personal. But you are not in Christ. I don't hate you - I hate false teaching that is leading people to eternal Hell. You are in deep deception. I will pray for you to get saved and come out of the cult.

a god of love makes an eternal hell for all those "unbelievers" to roast forever no matter what they did.

im sorry, but you believe in the doctrines of the devil. because only the devil would come up with something that sick.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

[/yvid]SDbONvkA85s[/yvid]

i love it when you post these videos

their arguments basically boil down to "your wrong because *assumption*"

and that is apparently proof for you?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

And of that group who is participating in the fulfillment of Matthew 24 verse 14 at the highest level in almost every country of the world in multiple languages and cultures?

Something to mediate on.

Well it can not be watch tower because he says

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Mt 24:14)

Sorry but the watchtower cult has a completely different gospel from the one he referred to, so they are completely excluded.

assumption.

listen, im not even a JW,and i can see that JW's adhere to the bible more faithfully than any "church" i have ever seen.

if you think BS like the immortality of the soul, the trinity, and hellfire is gospel, then you are seriously mixed up. i have been involved in multiple threads on each subject and have found the philosophies in support of such doctrine in serious want. the only way these doctrines are supported is by twisting and twisting until the scripture fits. i seen some scripture literally interpreted in the exact OPPOSITE direction than the scripture is actually saying!

let the bible speak for itself.

"On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’" (Mt 7:22-23)

"you workers of lawlessness"

did not jesus say that christians would be measured by their fruitage? didnt he say they would be known for their love.

you think the church is christian when it sends soldiers on crusades?
what about the inquisition?
what about when they bless troops to kill fellow christians on the other side?
turning a blind eye to the holocaust?
inciting riots against other christian faiths?

feel the love.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

[/yvid]I5s5yUR-7ZY[/yvid]

lol

ok, so he believes in what he doesnt understand. i get it.

but one thing he never answers is, what happens when scriptures seem to contradict? he seems to prefer to say that jw's twist scripture to make it fit, but its the other way around.

jw's handle "contradicting scriptures" better than anyone else.

the gospel of john is prime example. verse after verse you have jesus shown as a separate person from god. yet... john 1:1 jesus is being called "a god". john 10:30 jesus is saying him and god are one.

so which is it? is jesus god or god's son?

any reasonable logical person sees that it cant be both. someone CANNOT be his own son. and its highly unlikely that god would make such a conflicting and confusing claim.

so JW's look deeper.

john 1:1, god can be a title. satan is even called a god. well this explains things nicely

john 10:30 , jesus later says in john 17 that his followers are one just as he and his father or one. ahh so one means unity

saying, "i dont understand" and leaving it at that without seeing if maybe you missed something or misunderstand is "stupid"

stupid - 1 a: slow of mind b: given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner c: lacking intelligence or reason :

the bible tells us to be reasonable

hebrews 5:[14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

being dogmatic is lacking of reason, or being "stupid"

4 or 5 verses that elude to a possibility that jesus is god vs. entire gospels that say jesus is the son and is not god.

reason says you are missing something

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Pagan philosophy to prove God? I don't know. Sounds a little funny to me.

makes you think right?

is it any surprise that the trinity is found in almost identical form in alot of pagan religions through out history and that it doesnt appear in church doctrin until about the 4 century?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I meant to give a little critique on the experience I had of going to the local Southern Baptist Convention affiliated church. They had some sort of drive to bring new people in to check them out and I decided that was a good opportunity to see what they had to offer. They had a church service geared, apparently, towards people who were not already saved and could have a presentation of the Gospel given to them, with an opportunity to accept Jesus.
After sitting through it I was surprised anyone came forward at the end. It seemed to just barely touch on the fact that we needed to be saved, in the first place. It gave no mention whatsoever about the role of the Holy spirit or even faith. The final appeal was to whether or not you wanted to follow the will of God, without explaining what that was, how we would know what it is, or how we could possibly do it, even if we wanted to.
I felt bad after this sermon and I mentioned to the person I was with that I thought I was going to hell. The people around me turned their backs on me and got clear as fast as possible. I guess if I can sit through a sermon like that and still not feel "saved" I must be a wretched sinner.
Maybe I am being too critical and I guess it might be possible for some of these people to be saved. It is not up to me to judge them but I feel like I need to evangelize these people somehow. I do not know if that is possible but I feel like that church is a spiritual wasteland.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
In a related thread....I had the opportunity to research and post some scriptures that releated to the aspect of the trinity...I wanted to put them here as I thought them relevent.

(Matthew 7:21) 21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens wil. . .

(Matthew 10:32-33) 32 “Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. . .

(Matthew 11:26-27) . . .. 27 All things have been delivered to me by my Father, and no one fully knows the Son but the Father, neither does anyone fully know the Father but the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.

(Matthew 12:49-50) . . .! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. . .

(Matthew 15:12-13) . . .” 13 In reply he said: “Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted.

(Matthew 16:17) . . .“Happy you are, Simon son of Jo'nah, because flesh and blood did not reveal [it] to you, but my Father who is in the heavens did.

(Matthew 18:9-10) . . .. 10 See to it that YOU men do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell YOU that their angels in heaven always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven. . .

(Matthew 18:13-14) . . .. 14 Likewise it is not a desirable thing with my Father who is in heaven for one of these little ones to perish. . .

(Matthew 18:19) 19 Again I truly say to YOU, If two of YOU on earth agree concerning anything of importance that they should request, it will take place for them due to my Father in heaven.

(Matthew 18:35) 35 In like manner my heavenly Father will also deal with YOU if YOU do not forgive each one his brother from YOUR hearts. . .

(Matthew 20:23) 23 He said to them: “YOU will indeed drink my cup, but this sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my Father. . .

(Matthew 25:34) 34 “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, YOU who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for YOU from the founding of the world. . .

(Matthew 26:29) 29 But I tell YOU, I will by no means drink henceforth any of this product of the vine until that day when I drink it new with YOU in the kingdom of my Father. . .

(Matthew 26:39) 39 And going a little way forward, he fell upon his face, praying and saying: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.. . .

(Matthew 26:41-42) . . .” 42 Again, for the second time, he went off and prayed, saying: “My Father, if it is not possible for this to pass away except I drink it, let your will take place. . .

(Matthew 26:53) 53 Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than twelve legions of angels?

(Mark 8:37-38) . . .? 38 For whoever becomes ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of man will also be ashamed of him when he arrives in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. . .

(Luke 2:49) 49 But he said to them: “Why did YOU have to go looking for me? Did YOU not know that I must be in the [house] of my Father?. . .

(Luke 9:25-26) . . .? 26 For whoever becomes ashamed of me and of my words, the Son of man will be ashamed of this one when he arrives in his glory and that of the Father and of the holy angels. . .

(Luke 10:22) 22 All things have been delivered to me by my Father, and who the Son is no one knows but the Father; and who the Father is, no one [knows] but the Son, and he to whom the Son is willing to reveal him.”

(Luke 22:28-29) . . .; 29 and I make a covenant with YOU, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom. . .

(Luke 23:46) 46 And Jesus called with a loud voice and said: “Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit.” When he had said this, he expired. . .

(Luke 24:48-49) 48 YOU are to be witnesses of these things. 49 And, look! I am sending forth upon YOU that which is promised by my Father. YOU, though, abide in the city until YOU become clothed with power from on high. . .

(John 2:16) 16 And he said to those selling the doves: “Take these things away from here! Stop making the house of my Father a house of merchandise!”

(John 5:17-18) 17 But he answered them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.” 18 On this account, indeed, the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath but he was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God. . .

(John 5:36) 36 But I have the witness greater than that of John, for the very works that my Father assigned me to accomplish, the works themselves that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father dispatched me. . .

(John 5:42-43) . . .. 43 I have come in the name of my Father, but YOU do not receive me; if someone else arrived in his own name, YOU would receive that one. . .

(John 6:32) 32 Hence Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Moses did not give YOU the bread from heaven, but my Father does give YOU the true bread from heaven. . .

(John 6:37-38) 37 Everything the Father gives me will come to me, and the one that comes to me I will by no means drive away; 38 because I have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me.

(John 6:40) 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone that beholds the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting life, and I will resurrect him at the last day. . .

(John 8:16) 16 And yet if I do judge, my judgment is truthful, because I am not alone, but the Father who sent me is with me. . .

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
(John 8:19) 19 Therefore they went on to say to him: “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered: “YOU know neither me nor my Father. If YOU did know me, YOU would know my Father also. . .

(John 8:28) 28 Therefore Jesus said: “When once YOU have lifted up the Son of man, then YOU will know that I am [he], and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak these things. . .

(John 8:38) 38 What things I have seen with my Father I speak; and YOU, therefore, do the things YOU have heard from [YOUR] father. . .

(John 8:49-50) 49 Jesus answered: “I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and YOU dishonor me. 50 But I am not seeking glory for myself. . .

(John 8:53-55) . . .Who do you claim to be?” 54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father that glorifies me, he who YOU say is YOUR God; 55 and yet YOU have not known him. But I know him. And if I said I do not know him I should be like YOU, a liar. . .

(John 10:14-15) 14 I am the fine shepherd, and I know my sheep and my sheep know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I surrender my soul in behalf of the sheep.

(John 10:17-18) 17 This is why the Father loves me, because I surrender my soul, in order that I may receive it again. 18 No man has taken it away from me, but I surrender it of my own initiative. I have authority to surrender it, and I have authority to receive it again. The commandment on this I received from my Father.”

(John 10:25) 25 Jesus answered them: “I told YOU, and yet YOU do not believe. The works that I am doing in the name of my Father, these bear witness about me. . .

(John 10:29-30) 29 What my Father has given me is something greater than all other things, and no one can snatch them out of the hand of the Father. 30 I and the Father are one.” if you are reading all of these...I submit that Jesus and the Father are one in that they have the same goals, Jesus perfectly imitates his father, and no one knows the father like the son does--oh, wait, I shouldn't need to explain this to any bible student, if they read past verse 30 the scripture continues and Jesus himself explains this....
(John 10:31-37) 31 Once more the Jews lifted up stones to stone him. 32 Jesus replied to them: “I displayed to YOU many fine works from the Father. For which of those works are YOU stoning me?” 33 The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy, even because you, although being a man, make yourself a god.” 34 Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “YOU are gods”’? 35 If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot be nullified, 36 do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son? 37 If I am not doing the works of my Father, do not believe me.

(John 12:48-50) 48 He that disregards me and does not receive my sayings has one to judge him. The word that I have spoken is what will judge him in the last day; 49 because I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak. 50 Also, I know that his commandment means everlasting life. Therefore the things I speak, just as the Father has told me [them], so I speak [them].”

(John 14:1-3) . . .. 2 In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told YOU, because I am going my way to prepare a place for YOU. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for YOU, I am coming again and will receive YOU home to myself, that where I am YOU also may be.

(John 14:6-21) 6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If YOU men had known me, YOU would have known my Father also; from this moment on YOU know him and have seen him.” 8 Philip said to him: “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him: “Have I been with YOU men so long a time, and yet, Philip, you have not come to know me? He that has seen me has seen the Father [also]. How is it you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me? The things I say to YOU men I do not speak of my own originality; but the Father who remains in union with me is doing his works. 11 Believe me that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me; otherwise, believe on account of the works themselves. 12 Most truly I say to YOU, He that exercises faith in me, that one also will do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the Father. 13 Also, whatever it is that YOU ask in my name, I will do this, in order that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son. 14 If YOU ask anything in my name, I will do it. 15 “If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments; 16 and I will request the Father and he will give YOU another helper to be with YOU forever, 17 the spirit of the truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither beholds it nor knows it. YOU know it, because it remains with YOU and is in YOU. 18 I shall not leave YOU bereaved. I am coming to YOU. 19 A little longer and the world will behold me no more, but YOU will behold me, because I live and YOU will live. 20 In that day YOU will know that I am in union with my Father and YOU are in union with me and I am in union with YOU. 21 He that has my commandments and observes them, that one is he who loves me. In turn he that loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will plainly show myself to him.”

(John 14:23-24) 23 In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make our abode with him. 24 He that does not love me does not observe my words; and the word that YOU are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me.

(John 14:26) 26 But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach YOU all things and bring back to YOUR minds all the things I told YOU.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
(John 14:28) 28 YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.

(John 15:1-2) . . .“I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator. 2 Every branch in me not bearing fruit he takes away, and every one bearing fruit he cleans, that it may bear more fruit. . .

(John 15:8-10) 8 My Father is glorified in this, that YOU keep bearing much fruit and prove yourselves my disciples. 9 Just as the Father has loved me and I have loved YOU, remain in my love. 10 If YOU observe my commandments, YOU will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.

(John 15:15-16) 15 I no longer call YOU slaves, because a slave does not know what his master does. But I have called YOU friends, because all the things I have heard from my Father I have made known to YOU. 16 YOU did not choose me, but I chose YOU, and I appointed YOU to go on and keep bearing fruit and that YOUR fruit should remain; in order that no matter what YOU ask the Father in my name he might give it to YOU.

(John 15:23-24) 23 He that hates me hates also my Father. 24 If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have both seen and hated me as well as my Father. . .

(John 16:23-24) 23 And in that day YOU will ask me no question at all. Most truly I say to YOU, If YOU ask the Father for anything he will give it to YOU in my name. 24 Until this present time YOU have not asked a single thing in my name. Ask and YOU will receive, that YOUR joy may be made full.

(John 16:26-28) 26 In that day YOU will ask in my name, and I do not say to YOU that I shall make request of the Father concerning YOU. 27 For the Father himself has affection for YOU, because YOU have had affection for me and have believed that I came out as the Father’s representative. 28 I came out from the Father and have come into the world. Further, I am leaving the world and am going my way to the Father.”

(John 17:24-26) 24 Father, as to what you have given me, I wish that, where I am, they also may be with me, in order to behold my glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the founding of the world. 25 Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you; but I have come to know you, and these have come to know that you sent me forth. 26 And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them. . .

(John 20:17) . . .Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.’”

(Acts 13:33) 33 that God has entirely fulfilled it to us their children in that he resurrected Jesus; even as it is written in the second psalm, ‘You are my son, I have become your Father this day.. . .

(Ephesians 1:17) 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give YOU a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him;

(Hebrews 1:5-6) 5 For example, to which one of the angels did he ever say: “You are my son; I, today, I have become your father”? And again: “I myself shall become his father, and he himself will become my son”? 6 But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

(Hebrews 5:4-5) . . .. 5 So too the Christ did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest, but [was glorified by him] who spoke with reference to him: “You are my son; I, today, I have become your father.”

(2 Peter 1:16-18) . . .. 17 For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when words such as these were borne to him by the magnificent glory: “This is my son, my beloved, whom I myself have approved.” 18 Yes, these words we heard borne from heaven while we were with him in the holy mountain. . .

So...pretty sure, if we were going use the bible to prove a point...Jesus called Jehovah his father. He was pretty clear about that, his disciples were pretty clear about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Oh...before someone else gets to it...1 Timothy 3:16...as read in the King James as was posted above =

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

Other versions translations use the term He, or even Christ

1 Timothy 3:16 (New World Translation) 16 Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in [the] world, was received up in glory.’

1 Timothy 3:16 (New International Version)
16Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

1 Timothy 3:16 (New Living Translation) 16 Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith[a]: Christ was revealed in a human body and vindicated by the Spirit. He was seen by angels and announced to the nations. He was believed in throughout the world and taken to heaven in glory.

1 Timothy 3:16 (American Standard Version) 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

1 Timothy 3:16 (Holman Christian Standard Bible) 16 And most certainly, the mystery of godliness is great: He was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

1 Timothy 3:16 (Contemporary English Version) 16Here is the great mystery of our religion: Christ came as a human. The Spirit proved that he pleased God, and he was seen by angels. Christ was preached to the nations. People in this world put their faith in him, and he was taken up to glory.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
In my final rail agianst the false doctrine of the trinity.....

MESSIAH
Christ
What did these words mean? Were they meaningless? Do we need to do a search as to how it can be twisted into the thought that the prophecied Messiah/Christ meant God himself coming to Earth...or will we go ahead and ignore that these descriptions mean the person sent by God to redeem mankind from the sin of Adam and settle Satan's challenge of
God's soveriegnty? Why would God come to Earth to clean the slate of Adam's sin...that doesn't really seem like an equalizing does it?

What about the belief prior to the trinity's preached throughout the old world, the Hebrew belief in the One God?

Not the 'one of three'...but the One Almighty God.

(Joshua 22:22) 22 “Divine One, God, Jehovah, Divine One, God, Jehovah, he is knowing, and Israel, he too will know. If it is in rebellion and if it is in unfaithfulness against Jehovah, do not save us this day.

(Psalm 50:1) 50 The Divine One, God, Jehovah, has himself spoken, And he proceeds to call the earth, From the rising of the sun until its setting.

(Malachi 2:10) 10 “Is it not one father that all of us have? Is it not one God that has created us? Why is it that we deal treacherously with one another, in profaning the covenant of our forefathers?

(Mark 2:7-8) 7 “Why is this man talking in this manner? He is blaspheming. Who can forgive sins except one, God?” 8 But Jesus, having discerned immediately by his spirit that they were reasoning that way in themselves, said to them: “Why are YOU reasoning these things in YOUR hearts?

Oh, and here is one where Jesus doesn't accept the worship belonging to God....
(Mark 10:18) 18 Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God. . .

And here is a scripture that notes that in the bible individuals other than the One God have had that title used towards them
(1 Corinthians 8:5-6) 5 For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him.

Here is a good couple verses that uses One...look, spirit, God and Father, Lord, Faith, Baptism, Hope, Body...you might want to remebmer this one if you want to twist a new idea using only one quote....a new idea that EVERYTHING is ONE. Oh, but that would be riduculous to infer that EVERYTHING is one...we wouldn't want to read anything into it. So lets just read it...
(Ephesians 4:4-6) '4 One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all [persons], who is over all and through all and in all.'
I'm gonna say this scripture is denoting there is one truth...and the aspects that should be familiar to those who know it...

Next one
(1 Timothy 2:4-7) . . .. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. 7 For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth.

Oh.....again the consistency of the majority of the scriptures speaks once more about Christ Jesus being betwene God and men...not as in half Almighty God and half man...but as a mediator, the one sent by God to give his life on mans behalf...a completely seperate person.

And nearly finally
(James 2:19-20) 19 You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith apart from works is inactive?

Okay...I am done derailing this 'Exposing JW's' thread with THE battle against 'Babylon The Great's' LIE of the TRINITY, a doctrine meant to distract and confuse truthseekers...
I would like nothing better than the truths that are abundantly clear in the bible to be seen, truths that are sadly overlooked by those bent on holding on to pagan beliefs set out thousands of years ago, embeded in doctrines , dogma; loosly supported by the missrepesentation and twisting of just a few scriptures, as hundreds of other verses and statements made in the scriptures are ignored...as thats not going to happen then...I can no longer give my time here. Which I am sure the Author of this thread would appreciate...as he intended to give an unprecedented look into the witnesses, and I have only pushed the witness status quo...'use what the bible really says, not what you FEEL it says to you'...and I see this thead has since lost its conspiracy status...I hate it when that happens!!! Turely I do...I like the conspiracy theads!

Maybe if anyone takes the time to read all the scriptures, they will have a new veiwpoint of the witnesses, and realize they are only bible students, and take the whole scripture in context to sculpt their veiwpoints...not just
a few badly translated verses, those repeatedly used by the Empire of False Religion, Babylon the Great =

(Revelation 18:4-5) 4.. “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven. . .

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
is it any surprise that the trinity is found in almost identical form in alot of pagan religions

Have you ever thought that the devil counterfeits the real thing?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
I meant to give a little critique on the experience I had of going to the local Southern Baptist Convention affiliated church.

jw's have nothing to do with the baptist organization so im not sure why you are posting this here, unless i erred and you are responding to someone else's post.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

is it any surprise that the trinity is found in almost identical form in alot of pagan religions

Have you ever thought that the devil counterfeits the real thing?

totally... and im glad you brought that up.

there are many examples of satan twisting things with half truths. a good example is the "woman and her seed" which was the first prophecy uttered in the bible. it was apparent that god was going to fix the mess made in eden through this "seed" which we find in galatians 3:16 was the christ.

yet throughout history, as early as babylon, we find "seeds" creeping up in many of the worlds religions. in babylon, nimrod was this "seed" as he was supposedly our saviour.

so yes satan takes things and he twists them.

but some things are flat out lies. imortality of the soul for example - genesis 2:16,17 says "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

what did satan claim? genesis 3:4 "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:"

so what happened?

3:19 "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

clearly adam did not exist before he was created. from nonexistence, to existence, to nonexistence again. adam and eve are nowhere. they no longer exist. they are dead. and yet EVERY SINGLE RELIGION (except JW's and some forms of judaism) teach that some part of us is immortal. how many religions teach this bold faced lie?

the trinity is no different. it is not supported by scripture, so if it was that vital for a christian to believe this doctrine as the church claims, dont you think there would be more written about it? as opposed to scriptures that need to be twisted to fit it?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Why do JW’s produce/need the watch tower magazines, when we as Christians, already have the bible and the Holy Spirit to guide us?

- JC

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Open up the cover of a Watchtower mag...top of inside cover reads

"THE PURPOSE OF THIS MAGAZINE, The Watchtower, is to honor Jehovah God, the Supreme Ruler of the universe. Just as watchtowers in acnient times enabled a person to observe developments from afar, so this magazine shows us the significance of world events in the light of Bible prophecies. It comforts people with the good news that God's Kingdom, which is a real government in heaven, will soon bring an end to all wickedness and transform the earth into a paradise. It promotes faith in Jesus Christ, who died so that we might gain everlasting life and who is now ruling as King of God's Kindom. This magazin has been published by Jehovah's Witnesses continuously since 1879 and is nonpolitical. It adheres to the Bible as its authority."

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So...its a study aid. It in no way precedes the bible, it does use the bible as the primary source of its content, but in relation to current times and events. The Watchtower is a tool to help provide the "proper food at the proper time".

NWT (Matthew 24:44-47) "44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming. 45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings."

or from the KJV if prefered the "meat in due season"

"44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

"

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
Why do JW’s produce/need the watch tower magazines, when we as Christians, already have the bible and the Holy Spirit to guide us?

i hear what you are saying but...

look at some of the comments on ATS that are "inspired" by holy spirit. none of them agree. either the spirit is really confused, or they are getting their information from the wrong spirit.

also note the many statements that flat out disagree with the bible. would the holy spirit really disagree with itself?

pet peeve of mine - when something the holy spirit "reveals" to them disagrees with the bible, so they say "well, then the bible is wrong about this".... gets under my skin.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

i hear what you are saying but...

look at some of the comments on ATS that are "inspired" by holy spirit. none of them agree. either the spirit is really confused, or they are getting their information from the wrong spirit.

I hear what you are saying also but how do JW’s decide, which material will go into the watch tower magazines, concerning end time prophecy. I know that it is based on scripture but who decides which current events, should be linked with the correct corresponding biblical prophecy?

also note the many statements that flat out disagree with the bible. would the holy spirit really disagree with itself?

No, the Holy Spirit would not disagree with itself…

- JC

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Quick easy answer...its done in commitiees...but here ya go,
Best I could find from the magazine itself, about itself...

Watchtower 1959 10/1 Questions From Readers
"The literature published by the Watch Tower Society is published in the name of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. Regardless of who may write certain articles, they are checked carefully by members of the governing body before they are published; so they are properly viewed as coming from the Society. Our publishing work is not done to glorify any men or to give them a name of prominence before this world, depending upon the name of men in order to induce a study of God’s Word with the aid of the Watch Tower Society’s publications.
We avoid all kinds of creature worship and anything that would stimulate to creature worship. In harmony with this endeavor the Society does not identify the writers of the various books, booklets, magazines, or articles that it publishes.
They prefer to remain anonymous, not because of their educational background but in order that the students of the literature may concentrate on the truths and the facts presented instead of upon the identity of the writer and being influenced by who he is. They prefer that the Society and not the individual contributor to its publications should be the thing to recommend the Watch Tower publications to all readers and that the attention of readers should be directed to the organization that is being used by Jehovah God as his instrument rather than to any individual.—Matt. 24:45-47."

And also, here's a little of the history of the early magazine...

Watchtower 1987 3/1 pp. 14-15 pars. 16-18 ‘Upon the Watchtower I Am Standing’
"16 How would The Watchtower maintain the purity of its printed message? The magazine’s first editor, C. T. Russell, instituted safeguards to make certain that what was printed in The Watchtower was the truth as then understood. One of those safeguards is identified in his will made on June 27, 1907. (Russell died on October 31, 1916.) His will states:
“I direct that the entire editorial charge of ZION’S WATCH TOWER shall be in the hands of a committee of five brethren, whom I exhort to great carefulness and fidelity to the truth. All articles appearing in the columns of ZION’S WATCH TOWER shall have the unqualified approval of at least three of the committee of five, and I urge that if any matter approved by the three be known or supposed to be contrary to the views of one or both of the other members of the committee, such articles shall be held over for thought, prayer and discussion for three months before being published—that so far as possible the unity of the faith and the bonds of peace may be maintained in the editorial management of the journal.”
17 Each member of the Editorial Committee, according to Russell’s will, had to be “thoroughly loyal to the doctrines of the Scriptures” and had to exhibit, as prominent characteristics, “purity of life, clearness in the truth, zeal for God, love for the brethren and faithfulness to the Redeemer.” Also, Russell stipulated that “it shall not in any manner be indicated by whom the various articles appearing in the journal are written . . . that the truth may be recognized and appreciated for its own worth, and that the Lord may more particularly be recognized as the Head of the church and the Fountain of truth.”
18 To this day the Governing Body follows similar guidelines. Each article in both The Watchtower and Awake! and every page, including the artwork, is scrutinized by selected members of the Governing Body before it is printed. Furthermore, those who assist in writing articles for The Watchtower are Christian elders who appreciate the seriousness of their assignment. (Compare 2 Chronicles 19:7.) They spend many hours in researching the Bible and other reference material to make sure that what is written is the truth and that it faithfully follows the Scriptures. (Ecclesiastes 12:9, 10; 2 Timothy 1:13) It is not unusual for one magazine article—that you may read in 15 minutes—to take from two weeks to over a month to prepare."

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join