It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence officials 'laughed' at al Qaeda 7/7 bomb link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Intelligence officials 'laughed' at al Qaeda 7/7 bomb link

www.telegrap h.co.uk

Chris Driver-Williams, a former senior IED analyst for the Defence Intelligence Staff said his claim provoked laughter at a meeting of intelligence agencies on the morning of the bombings.

"Someone senior from an intelligence organisation said: 'Who are you and what possibly qualifies you to come out with such an absurd statement?"'

Later that day the al Qaida link was widely accepted by investigators as the details of the simultaneous planned attacks became clear.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It is an example of how detailed an investigation can confirm the worst fears of the intelligence community.

The guy should have been taken seriously and that would have the resulted in the investigation coming out with the Al Qaeda link faster than what happened.

The accused were under surveillance in 2005. If the Intel agencies had monitored them for some mroe time, the 7/7 would never have happened

www.telegrap h.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
lol you still think al quada is an autonomous organization.....Probaly the reason they laughed is because alquada is a cia backed organiation.. ........ Where have you been? I would laugh too....considering most intelligence agnecies(outside the u.s) know many al quada operations are operated and funded by the good ol U.S.A....

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I believe the Intelligence agencies are well aware of the actions of terrorist groups. Especially the ones under their control.

They didn't get a phone call from the States, so they didn't believe Al Qaeda was involved. The resulting investigation probably led to the sacking of the telephone operator that put the CIA 'on hold'.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

Especially the ones under their control.

Can you name the agencies and the terrorist networks under them, because I disagree with you. Obviously your reference is towards CIA?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Proving direct ties between Intelligence Agencies and terror groups in the past isn’t that hard to do.

The CIA is very open about their support (financial and hardware) of the mujahadeen when they were fighting the Russians. I see no reason why the CIA wouldn’t still have assets within those groups. The CIA is also linked to certain activities in south-america in the seventies and eighties.

The Pakistani ISI is linked to the Mumbai attacks and to other militant Islamic groups with ties to Pakistan. The British MI5 was heavily involved in the IRA. They infiltrated and helped the IRA to acuire the technology to build bombs.

Intelligence agencies have always been involved in terrorist activities. Either by infiltrating them or by supporting them. It’s their job. And as a consequence they have a pretty clear picture of the attacks they can expect in the near future.

Can I prove without a doubt the level of involvement of Intelligence Agencies? No I can't.
Is it likely that those agencies were hit by the stupid-bat and stopped being involved with terrorist organizations? I don't think so.

I'm not saying all terror groups are under the control of Intel Agencies. But some of them sure are. And I wouldn't be looking at the CIA, but at the ISI. They are a way scarier group than the CIA.

new topics

top topics

join