It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Letter to the Editor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Last night, at midnite, I sent a letter to the editor of most of the newspapers in my state, regarding The 2009 Supplemental budget bill. The House passed this bill on Friday. Hidden within this bill is billions in international pork, such as $10 million to Samalia (the pirates?) and $260 million to Egypt, which will be placed in an interest bearing Fed Reserve account for the benefit of Egypt and for them to apparently use as they please.

Anyway, long story short, within 12 hours, my letter had already been printed in two newspapers and this afternoon I was contacted by my Congressional Representative's local rep and asked to meet with him tomorrow to discuss my letter. My letter chastised my Rep for voting for the bill.

So, isn't that odd. Why do we need to have a face to face meeting?
I do have to add that I'm the local tea party organizer and at our last tea party meeting, this local representative was present. We started talking about the Federal Reserve at the meeting and he started squirming and finally asked, "Isn't this suppose to be about high taxes?" To which I responded, "just protesting taxes is like being told you have cancer and then given aspirin for your pain and being sent home to die." He didn't like my answer and left the meeting!
Guess I was too blunt.

So now he wants to meet with me to discuss my letter.
I'm gonna tear him up!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Ron Paul Girl]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Be careful, and let us know how it turns out.

Hope to hear from you, and not the papers saying you've been suicided.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Good for YOU!!!!!!!!

There is nothing more gratifying than having your opinion heard and then published. I have gotten 3 in my life published and will never ever forget how wonderful that felt!

You have a golden opportunity, to get the ear of your rep.

I already know you have your talking points set and hope to hear a full report, again CONGRATULATIONS AND GREAT FOR YOU!!!!1

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
OP be careful, sending that letter in took a lot of guts.

Hopefully, your meeting goes well.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

We're meeting in the library so unless he intends to overturn a bookshelf onto my head, I think we'll be okay.

I just wonder if he wants to meet because my Rep is now going to have to rip me to shreds for writing the letter and "deceiving" the sheep. All is fair in politics I guess. I already know what her mantra will be. This bill is for funding our endless war activities and our soldiers need the money. Okay, I get that, but that doesn't excuse giving money to their enemies nor does it excuse spending $96 billion that we do not have on hand to spend. The REAL answer to protecting our soldiers is to bring them home. That's my talking point!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Definitely take someone with you. Even though you will be in a public place, you would be safer with a friend there. Please let us know how it goes.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

I am, actually. My friend that researched the bill for me, is meeting us there as well. So it will be 2 against 1.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

I am, actually. My friend that researched the bill for me, is meeting us there as well. So it will be 2 against 1.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
reply to post by Rocketgirl

We're meeting in the library so unless he intends to overturn a bookshelf onto my head, I think we'll be okay.

I just wonder if he wants to meet because my Rep is now going to have to rip me to shreds for writing the letter and "deceiving" the sheep. All is fair in politics I guess. I already know what her mantra will be. This bill is for funding our endless war activities and our soldiers need the money. Okay, I get that, but that doesn't excuse giving money to their enemies nor does it excuse spending $96 billion that we do not have on hand to spend. The REAL answer to protecting our soldiers is to bring them home. That's my talking point!

I agree, 100%, do as much damage as you can! (mentally speaking) get those boys and girls home!

if you want to eat an elephant, you have to take small bites. the small bits of pressure will eventually convey to them that its time to stop these wars, stop this fed, and finally bring back our soldiers! (S&F)

[edit on 5/19/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Chew him a new one! Now is not the time for diplomacy. It's a time for consequences. Of course, your congressman would love you to be all nice and polite after he's sold you up the river... Introduce him (I mean his lacky) to the real world!

IRM

[edit on 20/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Great going Ron Paul Girl!!! Did you notice your initials spell RPG! You go girl!

Five Gold Stars! [color=gold]* * * * *

And now...

Originally posted by calmbutwary
Definitely take someone with you. Even though you will be in a public place, you would be safer with a friend there. Please let us know how it goes.

Originally echoed by Rocket Girl

When someone stands up for what they believe in as RPG has, and wisely takes it to those that can get events in motion, I'm surprised at your apparent fear or apprehension at where she's going. This isn't Guatemala. At least not yet.

She has nothing to fear at seeing her representative. I met Leon Pinetta in California when I was in Junior High (Middle School for you mid westerners) he's in charge of the CIA now. He didn't seem all that scary.

In fact, you have nothing to fear from anyone. You have rights, you have smarts, it's a wise decision that she take one or more to her meeting as witnesses. Not because she has fear.

Personally, I would record the audio of the whole thing and video if I could also. Politicians are NOT to be trusted with anything. Their forked tongues aren't regular weapons for physical harm.

RPG, Listen to your representative very carefully. Pause for long periods too... Silence can be your greatest ally under these circumstances.

Post a new thread when with results? Perhaps a YouTube Exposé?

[edit on 5·20·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Great Job!!!.........If only 5% had your grit and determination, we may stand a chance to avoid outright civil insurrection...

BTW, please don't fear these arseclowns...their bark is much worse than their bite!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Be careful, and let us know how it turns out.

Hope to hear from you, and not the papers saying you've been suicided.

She doesn't have to "be careful" .. if you disappeared I would be among the first loading up and heading out to find ya, but I doubt you will be the spark to blow up the powder keg.

Be sure to interview him as I am sure he will interview you.. don't let him turn your words around and use it as propaganda for his own campaign!

And when all is said and done, be sure to contact Skeptic Overlord and submit the interview as an ATS News Corp submission!

We all look forward to hearing from you and the discussion you had with your Congresscriter!

(By the way EXCELLENT response to him at that rally!)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am very glad you are taking a friend with you, you are too smart not to. I think a nice little recording device would be very appropriate. I will be keeping an eye out for more from you on this.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We might check Radio Shack for some sort of recorder. Actually, just realized that my MP3 player might work for that! I'm going to test it and see if that would work. I just printed out the 35 page bill and I'm going to go through it with a highlighter and a pen and point out ALL the reasons why no congressman should have voted for this bill.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The meeting went very well and I got the whole thing recorded with my handy dandy mp3 player. It sounds like it's quite possible that my representative will be responding to me in print, but all is fair in love, war and politics, so I'm ready for it. We really hammered on the fact that this bill requires 96 billion dollars "out of any money in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated." Uh, well, point being, there isn't any money in the Treasury and that's the best reason to vote NO on this bill.
Then we hammered him on the international pork and told him he would be hard pressed to find 100 Americans that supported all of the international pork. Most would be outraged by it.

He gave us the GOP line, which I expected to get - that this was a tough decision for our Representative, but they had to vote yes to it because it's for the troops. We suggested that this was a party line vote and that congress should be ashamed of itself for holding our troops hostage to international pork.
Basically the choice was between standing on principles (the principles of being a self-proclaimed fiscal conservative) or playing politics and deciding your vote based on the affect on your re-election campaign.

In other news, the letter I wrote was in another paper today. Yea!

If I get around to editing the recording of the conversation to make it anonymous, I'll post it online with a link to it. It would be tough to anonymize it though (my own concocted word).

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Anyway, long story short, within 12 hours, my letter had already been printed in two newspapers and this afternoon I was contacted by my Congressional Representative's local rep and asked to meet with him tomorrow to discuss my letter. My letter chastised my Rep for voting for the bill.

I suppose at least one of those newspapers have an online edition. An excerpt and the link to it would be fun to see.

(If that rep charge you with civil disobedience and send you to Quantanamo Bay prison and lock you up with two Taliban male terrorists, then tell the military inteligence and the CIA guys that it's unconstitutional -- unless you like it that way.)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Believe me, I would LOVE to link to the letter or to post it on here, but to do that would be to give up all anonymity on this website and I'm not quite willing to do that!
Even if I only posted 2 sentences from the letter, it would be easy to then find it online.

Please people, call your senators today and ask them to vote against HR2346, for all the reasons I listed above. It's WRONG. They are voting on this bill today and it is expected to pass with bipartisan support and is being hailed as some great bipartisan victory - The Republicans get their war funded and the Dems get, well, I won't go there. I don't know what they're wanting that they actually got in this bill. Do they want all the money for the UN, Samalia, Egypt, Jordan, etc? This bill came out of the Obama admin. and was sent to Congress.

In more news, my letter was printed today in the largest paper in our state.
Yea! And, I was woke up this morning by someone in another city that saw my letter in one of the papers that printed it Tues., thanking me for writing the letter and wanting to know what the tea parties were all about and how she can get involved.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

The senate is currently debating an amendment to this bill, to block the availability of 108 billion dollars to the International Monetary Fund.

I'm going to scream. I just called my Senators for the 2nd time today, now to ask them to vote for the amendment.
Neither of them bothered to vote for it from what I've heard this far on the vote.
New World Order junkies. I'm tired of them.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Ron Paul Girl]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by stander

Believe me, I would LOVE to link to the letter or to post it on here, but to do that would be to give up all anonymity on this website and I'm not quite willing to do that!
Even if I only posted 2 sentences from the letter, it would be easy to then find it online.

Please people, call your senators today and ask them to vote against HR2346, for all the reasons I listed above.

I called my senator, but the staff person who took the call refused to forward the call unless I tell her who was calling. Since I didn't want to give up my anonymity, she cut that conversation short.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join