It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People Believe Invisible Agents Control the World

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
It's funny because the article addresses that as well, did anyone actually rtfa?

Yeah I RTFA and I disagree with its premise.

I accept the validity of aliens and UFOs. Of course the author is quick to dismiss that idea as super-natural too,

Many who dismiss conspiracies, dont have the faintest clue.

I wonder if the author has read Tragedy and Hope by prof carroll quigley ?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paranoidmina
Whatever these invisible beings are they would have to be very mathematical because all the various occurances that happen here on earth seem to occur only in specific order. Something bad is bound to happen every so many years right? kinda like the boom and bust cycle.

There seems to be sort of order, that we cannot perceive in the universe, unless we are in certain moods shall we say. Normally we just think things are random, but anyone who has experienced strange coincidences, knows that there has to be something more.

Who knows when man first noticed this phenomenon. Personally think that the truths today are the same as truths yesterday, but hollywood has totally messed up human thoughts on a collective way for protection of there own agenda lol.

One common religion that will always be is the pagan religion, no matter what mindset or saviours come and do what ever on earth, energy and entities will always be above us i feel.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread464877/pg1#pid6334992]a]l
Satan controls the world, so let us go to Jesus.

That is my bielief.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I wonder if the author has read Tragedy and Hope by prof carroll quigley ?

Excellent choice... here's a brief intro for those unfamiliar with Quigley and are just waking up to the agenda, as these are irrefutable quotes from an undeniable insider.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paranoidmina
Whatever these invisible beings are they would have to be very mathematical because all the various occurances that happen here on earth seem to occur only in specific order. Something bad is bound to happen every so many years right? kinda like the boom and bust cycle.

You mean like the mysteries of Pi?

graphic by www.andrewle.com...

[edit on 23-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I also go along with the line of thought that with all the wrongs,ills,chaos and unjustice in the world.Some people like to attribute this all to hidden hands or powers and that its all planned and orderly to give them some comfort in life, when its not orderly and is not planned,but is the result of basic human nature.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The article says "The problem is that we did not evolve a baloney-detection device in our brains to discriminate between true and false patterns."

I contest that - as soon as I started reading this article my baloney-detection device starting buzzing loudly.

The assertion that we have suddenly been incapacitated and are falling for baloney - is in fact baloney.

Yes, people believe in some weird stuff - but trying to understand patterns they see, its not baloney - its rational.

Synthesizing is done in a rational thought process, its creating a theory to try to understand patterns. Patterns often emerge because their is some underlying causation - detecting and understanding those causes make us smarter than the average bear.

ACCEPT > ORGANIZE > SYNTHESIZE > TEST > REVISE

Interesting timing from this article - my baloney meter tells me its disinfo.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
makes perfect sense. conspiracy theorists are a far more suspicious lot but in doing so also increase their survival rate as they are more likely to perceive a threat before the less suspicious. eg. sheep. and thus we aptly name the throngs of mindless zombies sheep because they never question anything and take everything at face value. if we are wrong nothing happens if they are wrong they die.

who do u want to be?

either i way i find it fascinating how the sheep try to defend their position as having more strategic value from an evolutionary point of view. when clearly it is the conspiracy theorist keeping them alive.

just so were all clear this article starts off explaining the actual reason why some of us are more the evolutionary part ) and then tries to twist it in true dis info style to show the alert ones as deluded.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

you could have George dubya Bush put out a video flat out stating that he had something to do with 911, and that the elite rules the world and the governments of the world for the most part dont care about the people and the sheep still wont believe it. its not they are blind to the truth they just cant handle what the implications of the truth entail.

Most of these people have grown up with such rigid belief structure that if one collapses then like a house of cards they will all come crashing down. and so they fight hard to not uncover the truth of their existence. nobody wants to think they are slaves. people are too busy trying to prove to other people how great they are and how successful they are in this fantastic system they live in to question if what they want is REALLY what they want.

they dont want to hear that they have been brain washed to want a new house or new car or latest tv. no they think that is how they can prove to the world how great they are.

but i salute you for your efforts. keep fighting to try to wake these people up. because at the end of the day it is with their help that we may someday break free. i have tried and tried for years. i need a vacation from giving a dam. im going to just sit and watch for a year or two.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I fully understand and endorse your need for a sabbatical. A smart move to make, especially when you notice your efforts yield more T&C violations and warnings then moving a topic forward. Dealing with the willfully blind/ignorant can be an extremely exhausting and frustrating waltz of circular battle/banter.

In your time off... if not already familiar, i highly recommend getting familiar with such phenomenon as true-believer syndrome and cognitive dissonance... will help you more fully understand what you are up against when you are ready to step back into the ring.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

very interesting subjects indeed. i dare say some of the true believers could fall into both schools of though. those that believe the lies told ABOUT UFO's and those that believe the lies told BY UFO's.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Is there really a difference between "metaphysical" and "supernatural"?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sure people see patterns in the clouds, but does that discredit the fact that someone atop a hierarchical corporate structure has more control and impact on the world than someone at the bottom?

Nope.

The DeBeer (diamond) family has a larger impact (and income) on the world than say Joe the Plumber, and the fact that they have no more right to own the diamond mines than the underpaid workers within them should not be thrown out with the bathwater of people seeing an apparition of Mary in their rotting walls...

Perhaps there are no reptillian shapeshifters, but there sure are Capitalist parasites that serve none other than themselves. We need to overcome Capitalism, private property and the fact that all excess produced goes to the "owner" of the land/factory, and those rotten aspects of our current society are most definitely not figments of the imagination.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Consider the face on Mars, the Virgin Mary on a grilled cheese sandwich, satanic messages in rock music.

That's the best the author come up with?

I am willing to be that the author have not had an experience that will cause him to rethink his position.

I do understand his position, though. We do find patterns in everything.

But there are PLENTY of evidence, though.

The problem is that we did not evolve a baloney-detection device in our brains to discriminate between true and false patterns.

He had not visited our beloved ATS site.

As to the rest of the article, I am sorry but it's horse dung.

I will not comment any further as it will make me more madder. And this is in Scientific American magazine? I think I feel sick now.

I'm out.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Memysabu

Is there really a difference between "metaphysical" and "supernatural"?

Good question and a real challenge to answer. I can see why the two terms are often confused, they are very similar. From what i can gather;

The metaphysical derives from laws of nature within a class of unobservables that examines "what exists and how it exists"

The supernatural derives from outside laws of nature within a class of unreasonables that examines "what exists outside of existence".

Someone please correct me if i'm off on this description.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

That is the real rub, here.

Metaphysical and supernatural mean the same thing, only we do not see it shrouding in our human ignorance.

There is nothing that exists outside the realm of "natural". The differentiating factor would be our ability to percieve it, to study it, and to classify it.

You are correct in your assertion...but it does little to reconcile the truth of the matter. They are one in the same, and both seem to fall into the realm of "believability". For whatever THAT'S worth.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

i think we might just be splitting hairs when trying to differentiate between the two. for the most part anything supernatural cant be explained by science or science as we currently understand it. and metaphysics is the attempt to explain the supernatural. thats how i understood it anyway.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

You are correct. I was merely trying to make the member i quoted think about it a little, as their statement seemed to be illogical.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
For those who don't "believe invisible agents control the world"...
take Professor Carlin's course on "Who Really Controls America"

Disclaimer: for those who get easily offended by colorful language... don't watch this.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

what a legend... he will be missed most by those that never got to know him

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join