It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remnants of the Illuminati

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I could think of no better title for this thread than "Remnants of the Illuminati".

This thread is to explore the popular notions of the "Illuminati" from a skeptical point of view. In other words, if we assume the "Illuminati" do not exist, what evidence do we have that can prove their existence?

References will inevitably be made to the former thread about Shards of the Illuminati, and it is an interesting path to follow. In fact, deconstructing the information contained therein would make an excellent launching pad for continued discussions.

As for my beliefs, they change almost daily. Some of the information I have discovered through my own research is, at times, spooky. At other times it's infuriating to consider that so many people might have wasted so much time for the entertainment of others.

At any rate there is no end to the possibilities we can explore and I won't take up the whole OP with all my ramblings.

Let us begin!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Many have asked if the Shard/Remnant story is a hoax, so that might make an excellent starting point.

My answer is that I don't know. I wanted to believe the information I was provided in the previous thread. In fact, I probably wanted to believe it so much that I neglected being as skeptical as I should.

In fact it really ticks me off if it turns out my naivete' was so blind that I let a group of people manipulate me.

Based on my research my best guess is that a group of gamers wanted to create a storyline for a role-playing game and started a thread to see how things developed.

There are things I can't explain, though that still give me trouble.

Was it a coincidence that the user Maban disappeared to "Iceland" just a couple of weeks before that country's economy collapsed? Or was it just a clever bit of timing based on research and probability?

How did "Maban" know about advanced technology programs like "Aural Harmonic Resonance Levitation"?

Is "Maban/Tenzin/Kvasir" one person, or a group of people?

Based on the wildly varying personality and grammar, I am led to believe it was a group of people. Some seem intelligent and well-informed, wise even; but some sound like common haX0r-kiddies.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You can see political maneuvering and power grabs by the same people over and over throughout recent history. Informal nicknames for some of them are "WASPs" or "old-money types." They are usually claimants of some sort of familial legacy, like being descendants of European nobility or of some great pioneering entrepreneur. This is not just about white people, either. Lots of mixed-race people *cough*Obama*cough* are in on the action as well.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Very true. If the story doesn't make sense there always seems to be the "bloodline" conspiracy to fall back on.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I once took a SHOT at Maben, then went to sleep, and later awoke abruptly under a type of spiritual attack, logged in and noticed that he'd JUST replied to my post. It was strange. I don't know if there's anything to it, but it seemed to me like he really WAS operating from a powerful center, and could throw out spiritual curve balls at anyone who came up against his "sphere". I U2U'd him on it and he assured me he did nothing of the sort, but that was the experience I had. Also much of his posting seemed to be about directing spiritual energy like it was a new type of weapon. I tell you I felt it, and he was connected to it in some way. Alternatively, it's a just a prime example of the power of belief, but I wasn't exactly expecting to come under spiritual attack after taking a run at him in that thread. My deep instinct tells me he was legit, and that he's part of a group who really DO wield strange powers based on certain esoteric principals. I realize this sounds crazy, but the experience was powerful. It was like the deepest fear, operating like chinese handcuffs where the more you struggled against it, the worse and worse it got. I manaaged to shrug it off only after a very strong appeal to my higher power, and luckily, it went away, but I can tell you I wouldn't want to be an enemy of his people. Also I could have been that the "jolt" I got was from proclaiming his story to be an elaborate ruse where by casting out that judgement, I was judged in turn and powerfully, in either case, it amounts to the same thing.

There was a power there, and I contended with it.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
My own 2¢ for what they're worth...
There's only one "Illuminati" and it's the Bavarian one that was founded in 1776 and was disolved in 1785. To the best of my knowledge there's no evidence to suggest that any modern society has direct lineage to that group. Also, to the best of my knowledge there is no group currently using that name in any meaningful sense.

Illuminati is the word conspiracy theorist tell their children to keep them up at night. Nothing more. It's a distraction from the groups that really DO exist (namely the CFR, the Bilderbergs & the Tri-Lateral Commission (among others?))

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I knew a Mason, and when I mentioned the Illuminati, he acknowledged them with reverence, and even pronounced it with a type of Italian flair with an emphasis on the U and the a an "ah" I lU min ah ti, like it was a big deal, and he's a master mason and the worshipful master of his lodge, as well as an ordained minster of the United Church. I supposed he considered them to be anyone of high degree and leadership in the organzation of freemasony with full awareness and enlightenment.

Illuminati are simply "the illuminated ones". I used to be one in a sense, but backslid..!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
FredT closed Shards of the Illuminatti because apparently it appeared to the mods that he had set up multiple accounts and even discussions with himself? But how would that be verified and how come if the shards were involved, none of them have come forward with new information. According to one poster Maban died in combat in Russia, but was that ever verified?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Oh no, now the MYTH of Maben gets constructed. Precisely what he would just LOVE if the whole thing was nothing more than an elaborate ruse!

He's alive, no, he's dead. I chime in with this thing about special powers, someone else claims that Maben will soon return..!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What I have ascertained from this forum is that the word Illuminati means myriad things to different people.

Even amongst the hardcore "believer" conspiracy theorists (y'know, the types who profess to have gleaned our reptilian overlords in photos and whatnot) seem to have vastly differing opinions about exactly who constitutes the "Illuminati".

So it's kinda hard for me to approach the concept with any real knowledge or understanding.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Don't get me wrong I think maban was for real, it's just the recent activity since he has stopped posting that got me wondering and I talked with maban a bit while he was still here and he sure does know a little about everything...also I doubt he is carryinig on conversations with himself, just look at his posts. They are pretty damn consistent, he doesn't sway from his favorite threads.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
FredT closed Shards of the Illuminatti because apparently it appeared to the mods that he had set up multiple accounts and even discussions with himself? But how would that be verified and how come if the shards were involved, none of them have come forward with new information. According to one poster Maban died in combat in Russia, but was that ever verified?

I received this message this morning:

Subject: Concearn
sent: 5/19/09 at 05:15

I feel I can trust you and am having an issue. Maban is indeed back, he was going to make a surprise appearance here but found that both his and Tenzin's accounts have been banned from posting. The only explanation I can find is the fact that the IP addresses were the same and that's the issue (T&C's). Unfortunately since the admin staff knows diddly about how we conduct operations they'd follow their bureaucratic ways and just ban both, thinking it was the same person. If Maban makes a new account it will automatically be banned because of the T&C's: and lets face it there's no way a spokesman for the Illuminons can go unnoticed and not get banned. If I let him use my account the same issue arises. At this point I think that we're just going to have to abandon this thread and start over elsewhere; if at all. Although, knowing the council, starting over isn't an option so they're probably going to can this entire exercise. Honestly, as a man of counter intelligence this thread had caused a great deal of headache and work for me, and I'd be happy to see and end brought to all of this craziness. I thought reaching out to one of you would help me better understand how things work around here.

Since you're going to ask I might as well tell you here. I was here to acquire intelligence on Maban's whereabouts. Although some information here was fruitful, I received the "smoking gun" elsewhere. He was rescued and the captors interrogating him were handled. The ensuing blaze ensured that no trace of evidence remains. He is well and recovering and has been placed under my division given his experience here; but if this program is canceled then he will likely be transferred elsewhere. At this point I'm not particular fond of either option. In addition I fear if ATS admin pushes for full disclosure or transparency then we have to pull out. The last thing we need is a left-winged "full disclosure or nothing" group hot on our trail. Another reason why I argued against the creation of this thread in the first place. Many here have called me a "Remnant" because of my opposition to this thread. I really dont care what they think , my priority is protecting my people. If their liberal tendencies blind them to understanding the value of security that's their problem and not mine. Honestly this is an extra headache I really don't need and I'm just abut ready to pull the plug on this, what feels like a house of cards. I want your input since you know how things are run around here.

Interesting that three people are using the same IP adress.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thanks well lets take a look at their profiles then and see what we can find out.

Tenzin
kvasir
Maban

Yes, read their posts. Kvasir for the most part only posts in the shards of Illuminatti thread.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think Maban, Tenzin and Kvasir are one and the same. It's beyond redemption re credibility re their story and creation and history just left too much unanswered.

How did it coincide with Iceland? We can probably pick anywhere and focus and find some catastrophe going on - maybe it was luck, maybe he/they had some insight.

But you just never know how the story is going to turn out if you don't stick it out!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Is this a continuation of the Shards of the Illuminati post? Did you get the information I forwarded you? Shall we start importing the information? If this is a separate thread, I'd like to know.

It was my hope that we could some how pick up where we left off, somehow.

Strangely even after the sad revelations I'm still not willing to let go of the Shards thread completely. I still believe that there is a lot of substance and many avenues to explore.

Remember Maban said not to focus so much on the messenger but of the message. Now we can understand why he said this a bit better. But if what he said had some truth to it, that statement still rings true, doesn't it?

emsed1 I will let you be the trail blazer on this new adventure.

-Thanks,
Omega

[edit on 20-5-2009 by oconnection]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Many have asked if the Shard/Remnant story is a hoax, so that might make an excellent starting point.

I actually loved that thread, but we can't ignore the evidence.

Maban makes several claims that are merely claims.

Then Maban decides to lie and pose as other users to have discussions with himself.

He and his claims have lost all credibility with me. There was no reason for him to play that game if he was being truthful. Unless anyone can offer up a good one, I call hoax.

Still, this doesn't change my feelings about the Illuminati and I still enjoy Maban's perspective. Too bad he was a fake. :/

[edit on 20-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I will agree with OmegaPoint, being I had a similar experience, I haven't spoken of it until now. So I thank OmegaPoint for bringing this out in the open.

I've always been sensitive to the "Spirit Realm". I was up late (much later then I should of been since I had work in the morning) standing outside pondering the Shards post. I was smoking a cigarette (I know its a dirty habbit) and I felt a serious attack suddenly come upon me. I did not entertain this presence but rather rebuked it and it quickly left. Note that during this time I was very critical of Maban and had posted several critical posts directed towards Maban.

It's strange indeed but I don't want to breath more life into a dead horse than what is necessary but like I said I had a similar experience.

At the same time I hope this new discussion doesn't turn into talks about such matters. Now that my experience has been shared I will focus on the current subject.

Like many I felt drawn to the Shards post because of various levels. Firstly it was amazingly interesting, secondly it seemed to provide answers to many questions I had, and I got to share ideas with like minded people to name a few.

At the same time I had many moments where I was in complete doubt and my gut instinct was telling me something wasn't right.

I feel more then ever it's important to lay the cards down and share the information that was given in U2Us.

- Omega

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I like the premise of the OP... assume it doesn't exist, and provide evidence it does..

My thoughts on the Illuminati-

If your plan is a total fascist police state, what are you waiting for? This could be done very swiftly, and easily. Everything is in place, make examples out of a few people, and the rest will march into your FEMA camps.

If your goal is depopulation why do you still have the United States sending billions of dollars a year to foreign countries who can't provide food for themselves? Surely this would be a very inexpensive way for a billion or so people who depend on this aid to die- let them starve?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Ketzer22]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I believe the only thing or the biggest thing standing in the way of the NWO is in fact the American people.

Given the age of the Shards post and the fact Angels and Demons just came out I find that unlikely.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

To me that U2U seems to follow the same flavor that Maban had when he posted and sent U2Us, interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join